Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

The Pick 6 is the first thing that has to go. That was cute and all but keeping that for the name sake is terrible.

I really do not know why they got rid of SBR Drew. They kept all his ideas. He really got hosed.

I think he must have been harassing SBR Genie.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 800

met the Prick in the 08 Vegas Bash...great guy. is he still with SBR?????

Roger T. Bannon

I would not bring back the Prick.

I doubt SBR will be able to afford it, but I would Call it SBR Pick 6 or SBR Pick 5 featuring the fabulous Le Martin. Do not block out Le's picks. Keep us in suspense. They will not even have to pay out many betpoints.

This would be a blockbuster.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6101

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    I would not bring back the Prick.

I doubt SBR will be able to afford it, but I would Call it SBR Pick 6 or SBR Pick 5 featuring the fabulous Le Martin. Do not block out Le's picks. Keep us in suspense. They will not even have to pay out many betpoints.

This would be a blockbuster.
    I'm guessing they can't afford the old contest as well but why not just tell us that instead of pushing this garbage contest they have now and trying to make it smell like roses? Why not bring back the old contest and scale down the points?

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    I'm guessing they can't afford the old contest as well but why not just tell us that instead of pushing the garbage and trying to make it smell like roses? Why not bring back the old contest and scale down the points?
    They can afford the $50,000. They can't afford Le Martin after the year.

They are not trying to push anything. They think this is a good idea.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins

They can afford the $50,000. They can't afford Le Martin after the year.

They are not trying to push anything. They think this is a good idea.
    You haven't noticed. When the contest came out last year and everyone complained all of the sudden the mods showed up pumping how great the contest was. It was ridiculously transparent. Trust me they have been blowing smoke up our ass on this contest the last 2 years.

I honestly think they know this is a piss poor contest when compared to what they had. I just think now they are limited with the funds for it.
    Last edited by Mr. Teaser; 12-16-20 at 03:06 PM.

Roger T. Bannon

You haven't noticed. When the contest came out last year and everyone complained all of the sudden the mods showed up pumping how great the contest was. It was ridiculously transparent. Trust me they have been blowing smoke up our ass on this contest the last 2 years.
    No, this was SBR Drew's doing. They are paying the same amount. They are not paying as many betpoints. They don't care about betpoints. Look how much they are giving for the bowl contest. They don't even have to pay most of those out.

Last year nobody but me really brought this up at the end of the year. Before the year, I was also the only one that said anything.

You've got some emotional commitment to the contest because they were involved in the decision. They tried to make it work better.

Until recently, nobody was complaining this year.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins

No, this was SBR Drew's doing. They are paying the same amount. They are not paying as many betpoints. They don't care about betpoints. Look how much they are giving for the bowl contest. They don't even have to pay most of those out.

Last year nobody but me really brought this up at the end of the year. Before the year, I was also the only one that said anything.

You've got some emotional commitment to the contest because they were involved in the decision. They tried to make it work better.

Until recently, nobody was complaining this year.
    I will agree to disagree. When in chat last year we were all complaining. Many were not happy with the new contest. Within a short period of time mods started showing up and trying to steer the unhappiness by blowing smoke up our ass about how great the contest was. No one bought it.

But in the big picture you and I are on the same side.

Roger T. Bannon

I will agree to disagree. When in chat last year we were all complaining. Many were not happy with the new contest. Within a short period of time mods started showing up and trying to steer the unhappiness by blowing smoke up our ass about how great the contest was. No one bought it.

But in the big picture you and I are on the same side.
    This is the big deal. What else are they going to do? They thought people would like it once they got used to it.

You've got to understand the reasoning behind it. SBR Drew wanted to pay out more people. He wanted non-PROs to be able to win. He wanted to spread things out. Everyone is a winner at SBR.

He did not understand gamblers. He did not understand that they want to win big prizes. He did not understand how much people liked the contest.

SBR thought it just needed some tweaking. They probably still think that.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins

This is the big deal. What else are they going to do? They thought people would like it once they got used to it.

You've got to understand the reasoning behind it. SBR Drew wanted to pay out more people. He wanted non-PROs to be able to win. He wanted to spread things out. Everyone is a winner at SBR.

He did not understand gamblers. He did not understand that they want to win big prizes. He did not understand how much people liked the contest.

SBR thought it just needed some tweaking. They probably still think that.
    I don't disagree with any of that.

On a side note. If they really give out the amount of $ and bet points with this contest as they did with BTP then they really f ed up

And my only point is there were a few of us who saw this change to the new contest as a terrible move and let them know. Most of us aren't power posters. This site puts weight on quantity and sometimes not so much on quality.
    Last edited by Mr. Teaser; 12-16-20 at 03:23 PM.

Roger T. Bannon

I don't disagree with any of that.

On a side note. If they really give out the amount of $ and bet points with this contest as they did with BTP then they really f ed up

And my only point is there were a few of us who saw this change to the new contest as a terrible move and let them know. Most of us aren't power posters. This site puts weight on quantity and sometimes not so much on quality.
    Yeah, well. SBR basically created this perfect contest by accident. People generally have the idea that: "Hey, it's a free contest. Take what you can get." I think SBR kind of had that same attitude.

It is what they wanted to do so they stuck with it. We'll see if they keep with it.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY View Post
    met the Prick in the 08 Vegas Bash...great guy. is he still with SBR?????
    prick might be having health issues

or it was a made up story, im not sure which

either way, i hope the cokksuckkin prima donna ballerina is doing well

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15601

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    ok bro

i agree with that

MY APOLOGIES

All good Rudy. Not sure I had made myself clear.

Take care.

Mic

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Bring it BACK!!!!

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Last week for this POS contest.

Let's get BTP back for 2021, please.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Kind of like this actually. That square moron always would take the opposite of what I liked and lose it but cockblock me from taking it

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8069

SBR, I have been out of the loop last couple of years but im back!! played beat the pick since 2007 thru 2017!! Was my favorite contest I hope we have it this year!!
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave jackpot269 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 12