homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11005

Clemson beats Notre dame then plays ohio state in cfp

Your final rankings next sunday are pretty easy to project.

1. Bama after they dismantle florida
    2. Clemson after they handle notre dame in Charlotte w a healthy trevor at qb
    3. Ohio state after they thrash nwestern
    4. Notre dame because the committee wants to avoid a Clem v ND trilogy unless it is inevitable in the title game

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 182

Nothing set in stone yet

but agree that most likely

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The committee won’t want Clemson to play Alabama in the first round because alabama would likely blowout mitre dame and Ohio state

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Ohio state shouldnt be in

But I guess everyone needs their money

thats why they are in the big 10 championship

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Could ND be replaced with Texas A&M if Clemson beats them by 40?

Id rather see Coastal Carolina or Cincinnati get a shot rather than A&M but we all know ND will still get in

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 182

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Could ND be replaced with Texas A&M if Clemson beats them by 40?

Id rather see Coastal Carolina or Cincinnati get a shot rather than A&M but we all know ND will still get in
    CC just about lost to Troy

bo way they should b in

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7235

OSU is clearly 1 of the 4 best teams. Thats the goal of the committee. No one wants to see AM lose by 30 to Alabama again. Michigan and Maryland screwed OSU out of 2 easy wins. OSU would be 8-0 and no one would complain at all. The Clemson- OSU matchup is highlight game of semifinal as Bama will blow ND out.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave RM Logic 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Bama will not blowout ND, especially if they suffer an injury or two, but they and The Chiefs seem to be made of different stuff on that front.
    ND - the team with far less depth - will prob be the team that suffers a key injury like they always do.

As a defender of ND's resumé, I am somewhat ok with them being booted if they lose by 40. Two things that would make that hard to accept:

-- it is so hard to beat a team twice, and the team you beat the first time might want serious revenge. AKA, if ND loses to someone not named Clemson, I say kick them out.

--Ohio State. Unreal. Conference should be punished for their lack of brains and courage. Notre Dame has a pressure game. Ohio State will not. Rather, they wil have the officials in their back pocket (feel free to hold at will) and a fake 'us against the world' mentality as they play a team with zero blue-chippers...

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    CC just about lost to Troy

bo way they should b in
    No shIt

Didnt say they deserved it. I said I’d like to see them in. No way it will happen though.

I don’t want to see ND get in if they get blown out by Clemson. How many times do we have to see ND get a beat down in the playoffs

Id rather watch an undefeated small school get a shot. Cincinnati may be better than ND.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Probably less than a 10% chance of this happening. But if ND finds a way to beat Clemson, Clemson should be out with 2 losses. I'm likely not playing this game as of my thinking now.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

And you guys wonder why you lose so much money. Let me ask you guys a question and give me an honest answer. You all shoot your big mouths off about who will win this and who will win that, let's see if you really believe what you say or you just want to mouth off. Who is wagering on the 12/19 games and who are you going to take.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    No shIt

Didnt say they deserved it. I said I’d like to see them in. No way it will happen though.

I don’t want to see ND get in if they get blown out by Clemson. How many times do we have to see ND get a beat down in the playoffs

Id rather watch an undefeated small school get a shot. Cincinnati may be better than ND.
    ND has only been crushed in the CFP once. That year, everybody knew (more so than ever) that there was Bama, there was Clemson------aaaaand.....there was everybody else... ND played Clemson, and looked bad. Their NFL CB got hurt in the first quarter and that could have helped them guard the stud receivers. Whatever...Clemson throttled Bama in the Championship too. You wanted them do better than Bama.

Yes, Bama really did kill them in the championship in another year. The Manti Teo year, I believe...Need we say more??

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

If Clemson beats ND by less than TD, I think the committee is going to set up a grudge match between the two and go ND-Clemson III.

I don’t see Ohio State getting over 4 unless the Irish get blown out. 10-1 and two wins over top-12 teams will trump a 6-0 Ohio State whose had a pretty easy schedule.

Wrongside

Grudge match sounds lame. If I am ND, I want Bama in the first round...

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

OSU is big $--they in after they 48-7 NW.....
    Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    If Clemson beats ND by less than TD, I think the committee is going to set up a grudge match between the two and go ND-Clemson III.

I don’t see Ohio State getting over 4 unless the Irish get blown out. 10-1 and two wins over top-12 teams will trump a 6-0 Ohio State whose had a pretty easy schedule.

PaperTrail07

OSU would run ND out of the building IMO.......am I wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Bama will not blowout ND, especially if they suffer an injury or two, but they and The Chiefs seem to be made of different stuff on that front.
    ND - the team with far less depth - will prob be the team that suffers a key injury like they always do.

As a defender of ND's resumé, I am somewhat ok with them being booted if they lose by 40. Two things that would make that hard to accept:

-- it is so hard to beat a team twice, and the team you beat the first time might want serious revenge. AKA, if ND loses to someone not named Clemson, I say kick them out.

--Ohio State. Unreal. Conference should be punished for their lack of brains and courage. Notre Dame has a pressure game. Ohio State will not. Rather, they wil have the officials in their back pocket (feel free to hold at will) and a fake 'us against the world' mentality as they play a team with zero blue-chippers...

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    If ND is healthy. Yes, you are. Especially if ND is healthy, especially if OSU blows out Northwestern, especially if Clemson dismantles ND easily.

ND Offense is a play-making one, so Book has to bring his A game. Lotta capable players, but not a machine.

How many offenses are better than North Carolina? Is Ohio State's? Fair question.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

I LOVE ND on ML this weekend . They will upright WIN over Clemson . Clemson is the one that needs the points !

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    You’re way wrong. OSU has a lot of holes. I’d take ND all day against OSU. I think Bama is clearly 1. Clemson and ND are close but Clemson a little better. And then OSU a more distant 4th. I think Indiana exploited a lot of their weaknesses. Their secondary is very weak and their run game not the same without Dobbins.

navyblue81

Grudge match sounds lame. If I am ND, I want Bama in the first round...
    You’re nuts if you want Bama in the first round. Might as well just book your golf outings for Jan. 2. None of these teams have a prayer vs Bama, although ND matches up with them best bc of their DL and OL which is the best of the top 4 teams.

If it’s Bama vs OSU, Bama may put up 70 on that secondary.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Osu is 4 at best. No chance of moving up.
    Now, they do have a chance at moving out, if Pat Fitzgerald pulls the upset

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio state isn’t blowing out any good team, their secondary has struggled all year, the committee may want to avoid a Clemson Notre dame rematch in the playoffs though since it would bore many fans being the third time these teams would play.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Ohio state isn’t blowing out any good team, their secondary has struggled all year, the committee may want to avoid a Clemson Notre dame rematch in the playoffs though since it would bore many fans being the third time these teams would play.
    Depends. Their first game was a classic. If their second one is a classic, too, I would think it would garner excitement for a round 3. I don’t mind rematches, even a third time around, if they’re classic battles.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Ohio state doesnt stand a snowballs chance in hell against Notre Dames defense.

PaperTrail07

LOL---YES -easily----they have the top top athletes.....don't think for a second they dont...
    If ND is healthy. Yes, you are. Especially if ND is healthy, especially if OSU blows out Northwestern, especially if Clemson dismantles ND easily.

ND Offense is a play-making one, so Book has to bring his A game. Lotta capable players, but not a machine.

How many offenses are better than North Carolina? Is Ohio State's? Fair question.

PaperTrail07

I just don't see OSU playing a team like LV and it being a 12-7 final.....there is just no way in HELL...they win the battle at almost EVERY position on the field...
    Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    You’re way wrong. OSU has a lot of holes. I’d take ND all day against OSU. I think Bama is clearly 1. Clemson and ND are close but Clemson a little better. And then OSU a more distant 4th. I think Indiana exploited a lot of their weaknesses. Their secondary is very weak and their run game not the same without Dobbins.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Is a ND year - they will take it all this year !! Watch ur money and dont bet heavy against the ND if u want to have a money left over for the next year !!

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

Clemson will beat nd, by how many pts,?? but clemson will beat nd............if they had the starting qb they would have won last time and almost did at their house....

GOIRISH

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Clemson will beat nd, by how many pts,?? but clemson will beat nd............if they had the starting qb they would have won last time and almost did at their house....
    Did you watch the game? DJ had the 3rd most passing yards in the history of clemson football. Lawerence hasnt even broke the top 10 in that stat. He threw for the most yards anyone has against Notre Dame in history. You could argue that Clemson had key defenders out, you could argue that it was an away game, but the qb play was a highlight reel.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

NO ONE beats Alabama. NO ONE. If Clemson beats Notre Dame, then you get Ohio State vs Clemson in Pasadena and Notre Dame vs Alabama in New Orleans. If Notre Dame pulls the upset, they go to #2 and play someone in Pasadena. #4 can be a major surprise. Remember how many weeks Oregon was #4 until they were upset? If they lose to USC on Friday Night (USC -3 1/2) then USC has just as good, an argument to be in the Playoffs as Ohio State does. Would the Committee want to put arch rivals Notre Dame and USC against each other in the Rose Bowl? That game and an Alabama-Ohio State game is easily the best TV draw that the Committee can come up with. Just sayin'...

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11005

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Osu is 4 at best. No chance of moving up.
    Now, they do have a chance at moving out, if Pat Fitzgerald pulls the upset
    Ohio state beats NW handily. If clemson beats ND by 10+ then the CFP committee has the excuse they need to move Clemson to 2, ohio state to 3, and notre dame to 4. This avoids a third clem v ND meeting until the title game (if both win).

Trust me the CFP committee is looking for ANY excuse to avoid a third clem v ND matchup this year.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7763

Coastal Carolina should be in over Ohio State. Absolutely ridiculous that a team plays 5 games and gets in.

And no, we DON’T know they’re one of the best 4 teams. They only played 5 fukking games against mostly very shitty teams

We need an uprising. A Revolution. The little guy gets fukked no longer. You put Ohio State on your jersey and you can do whatever the fukk you want. Makes me sick

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Coastal Carolina should be in over Ohio State. Absolutely ridiculous that a team plays 5 games and gets in.

And no, we DON’T know they’re one of the best 4 teams. They only played 5 fukking games against mostly very shitty teams

We need an uprising. A Revolution. The little guy gets fukked no longer. You put Ohio State on your jersey and you can do whatever the fukk you want. Makes me sick
    Correct. If you think 'signing day' gets you in, then the day your conference decides to cancel your season, can leave
    you out.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Ohio state beats NW handily. If clemson beats ND by 10+ then the CFP committee has the excuse they need to move Clemson to 2, ohio state to 3, and notre dame to 4. This avoids a third clem v ND meeting until the title game (if both win).

Trust me the CFP committee is looking for ANY excuse to avoid a third clem v ND matchup this year.
    Didn’t NW lose to Mich State? They’re a joke to be in the Champ game. OSU got lucky this year and played just 5 games and a bunch of cupcakes with the exception of Indiana who actually should have beaten them at the Horseshoe.

Too much respect given to OSU because of last years team, but there is no Chase Young or JK Dobbins on this team and the secondary is about as good as Michigan’s.

GOIRISH

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

Yes im sure the committee is looking for any excuse to avoid a game that was the most watched of 2020 already.

12 Last