seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Dammit Cinncy -6.5 Bad Beat Part 2

Score from the one yard line.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Another team trying to be cute by falling down at the one when they could have walked in. Almost bit them in the ass.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Parlay 500.00 1,067.28 No
    Football - 343 Cincinnati -2½ -155 buying 2 for Game
    Football - 401 Oklahoma State +7½ -120 buying ½ for Game

More Info

Parlay 500.00 1,067.28 No
    Football - 343 Cincinnati -2½ -155 buying 2 for Game
    Football - 401 Oklahoma State +7½ -120 buying ½ for Game

More Info

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Another team trying to be cute by falling down at the one when they could have walked in. Almost bit them in the ass.
    It bit me in the ass.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Did someone fall down or give themselves up at the 1?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's almost like Vegas telling these teams let the underdog cover. Very strange. Cincinnati could of scored on 1st down. I don't understand it for the life of me.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I had ucf but really makes no sense to run into the line twice. Really should snap it and let the qb dance then kneel. 4th down should have been a delay of game and knee. I do think they may as well score if they are going to hand it off

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

I had Cinci -4 and hedged with ucf +10.5 when they went up 11.

Literally everything possible went wrong to not hit the middle.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's almost like Vegas telling these teams let the underdog cover. Very strange. Cincinnati could of scored on 1st down. I don't understand it for the life of me.
    It really only makes sense if you're up by one point... Because if you score with time on the clock (instead of kneeling it out) the other team could conceivably come back to tie the game and win in overtime i.e. the Penn State vs. Indiana game. Now all of a sudden it's become trendy to not score because it's "smart football" even though in Cincy's case they would've been up 10 points and the game virtually decided.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Did someone fall down or give themselves up at the 1?
    Yep. It made absolutely no sense. It was already first and goal. If that's what the coach wanted he would have just had them kneel it.

Kid a moron

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    It really only makes sense if you're up by one point... Because if you score with time on the clock (instead of kneeling it out) the other team could conceivably come back to tie the game and win in overtime i.e. the Penn State vs. Indiana game. Now all of a sudden it's become trendy to not score because it's "smart football" even though in Cincy's case they would've been up 10 points and the game virtually decided.
    It was first and goal...if they wanted to just run out the clock they could have just keeled it.

Coach wanted to score and this dope takes matters into his own hands and then gets stuffed the next 2 plays.

Wrongside

I get the frustration. If Cincy scores with around 2 minutes left, I have a 60/40 chance of UCF scoring a TD, if that makes you feel any better about (strictly) the play calling.

Prob reason that happened was I had UCF in contest. It it was real $, no way...Just a little mocking...

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Yep. It made absolutely no sense. It was already first and goal. If that's what the coach wanted he would have just had them kneel it.

Kid a moron
    Ya, sounds like it. That's maddening!

Eddy Munny

Kid a moron
    No, it's definitely what the coach wanted. The reason they still ran plays was to milk as much clock as possible without scoring. They couldn't afford to take an instant knee because the math wasn't in their favor. On 2nd and goal (and the clock stopped) there were 94 seconds to go in the game and you get 40 seconds to snap it.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    I get the frustration. If Cincy scores with around 2 minutes left, I have a 60/40 chance of UCF scoring a TD, if that makes you feel any better about (strictly) the play calling.

Prob reason that happened was I had UCF in contest. It it was real $, no way...Just a little mocking...
    Here too. The luckiest cover ever.

Wrongside

It was first and goal...if they wanted to just run out the clock they could have just keeled it.

Coach wanted to score and this dope takes matters into his own hands and then gets stuffed the next 2 plays.
    That's probably going to cost me a point or two on the Tulsa line as well (when they play) ...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Just maddening. I’ll get them next week.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Score from the one yard line.
    go up 10 and give the other team, a team who can score as fast as any team in the country a chance to get 7 and go for onside kick ?

did you watch that toledo mac game?

if you can run out the clock you run out the clock... period

teams finally wising up after that penn state debacle.... a team who is in shambles and still without a win

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    go up 10 and give the other team, a team who can score as fast as any team in the country a chance to get 7 and go for onside kick ?

teams finally wising up after that penn state debacle.... a team who is in shambles and still without a win
    This is just a fad with running out the clock and stopping at the one yard line. Penn State and the MAC game are anomolies. Score when you can score and let the chips fall where they may. Analytics doesn't have a perfect record either.

Eddy Munny

You can't keep bringing up the Penn State Indiana game...

Going up two possessions with a minute left versus one possession with a minute left are not similar scenarios.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    This is just a fad with running out the clock and stopping at the one yard line. Penn State and the MAC game are anomolies. Score when you can score and let the chips fall where they may. Analytics doesn't have a perfect record either.
    oh and the falcons Lions NFL game... so there's another

they are still stupid tho... they did the right thing by killing the clock but on 4th and goal... after getting it all the way down to 3 seconds they put their QB in shotgun and risked a bad snap and they got a bad snap... that's INCOMPREHENSIBLE

if it was a worse snap or deflection off the QB's hands a fast UCF player could've picked it up on the run and outran everyone to win the game with no time left for UCF... would've been worst loss for a top 10 team in recent memory

just get under center and QB kneel it and give them 1 second with 90+ yards to go...

these coaches are as dumb as the players at times

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Never mind

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    I didn't see the game so I am confused

Could Cincy have run out the entire clock by kneeling up by 3 points?????

If so, why try and score????

Someone help me out
    Looks like UCF was letting Cinncy score, but guy went down at the one yard line on first and goal.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Coaches show they are prone to overreactions just like gamblers. They have the penn st game and falcons games in their heads. The situation also proves that they can’t handle anything that’s not 100 percent obvious I.e. creatively running the clock out

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

You can't keep bringing up the Penn State Indiana game...

Going up two possessions with a minute left versus one possession with a minute left are not similar scenarios.
    penn state goes down at the 1 they win

Cin went down at the 1 and killed the rest of the clock besides being idiots and putting QB in shotgun snap for 4th and goal (idiots) and they won

they go up 10 anything can happen....it's college football buddy. teams recover onside kicks weekly

Eddy Munny

penn state goes down at the 1 they win

Cin went down at the 1 and killed the rest of the clock besides being idiots and putting QB in shotgun snap for 4th and goal (idiots) and they won

they go up 10 anything can happen....it's college football buddy. teams recover onside kicks weekly
    There's a lot more that had to happen than merely recovering an onside kick. A LOT MORE. Nice try though.

And as I already pointed out, Cincy couldn't entirely run the clock out with conventional kneeldowns so they may as well have just scored.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

And as I already pointed out, Cincy couldn't entirely run the clock out with conventional kneeldowns so they may as well have just scored.
    Well said. Wagering for the last 20 years.... when it's 1st and Goal... and the other team has at least 1 timeout.... and you're at the 2:00 Mark. You always try to score. Especially only up 3 points.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

There's a lot more that had to happen than merely recovering an onside kick. A LOT MORE. Nice try though.

even if Cin did straight kneel downs on each play that took only 2 seconds off clock before next 40 started running down from 1 yard line after first down UCF would've got the ball with 95 yards to go and 10 seconds....

or you score that td on first down and you are up 10 but what... over 1:40 left???

LOL

browns were 4... 3.5 pt favorites and even their guy knew to go out at the 1 so they could kneel it out

that's with onside kicks being almost impossible in the NFL since rule changes

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The line moved a lot last night. What happened on the last minute was part of the script of the people who bet the money. There is a reason coaches wear headphones. Is to fix the spreads per the instructions they get through them.

Wrongside

even if Cin did straight kneel downs on each play that took only 2 seconds off clock before next 40 started running down from 1 yard line after first down UCF would've got the ball with 95 yards to go and 10 seconds....

or you score that td on first down and you are up 10 but what... over 1:40 left???

LOL

browns were 4... 3.5 pt favorites and even their guy knew to go out at the 1 so they could kneel it out

There have been a few successful onside kicks in college lately, so good point there...

Eddy Munny

LOL

Just score... What difference does it make? It would take a catastrophic collapse to lose either way.

You saw how clumsy Cincy looked trying to kill the clock when they knew they had to burn some time before taking the knee. What if that final botched Cincy snap had been scooped up by UCF and returned the other way for a touchdown? If we're honest, that was just as likely to occur as the sequence of events required for UCF to win the game down 10 and no timeouts left.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Just score... What difference does it make? It would take a catastrophic collapse to lose either way.

You saw how clumsy Cincy looked trying to kill the clock when they knew they had to burn some time before taking the knee. What if that final botched Cincy snap had been scooped up by UCF and returned the other way for a touchdown? If we're honest, that was just as likely to occur as the sequence of events required for UCF to win the game down 10 and no timeouts left.
    yeah i know, i already pointed that out how they did a good job of killing the clock but then on 4th and goal with only 3 seconds left they put the QB back in shotgun??? that's asking for a bad snap and then who knows what.. and a bad snap happened. just not bad enough

coaches make me laugh weekly...

Eddy Munny

yeah i know, i already pointed that out how they did a good job of killing the clock but then on 4th and goal with only 3 seconds left they put the QB back in shotgun??? that's asking for a bad snap and then who knows what.. and a bad snap happened. just not bad enough

coaches make me laugh weekly...
    Not only that, but the previous two plays the back ran into a stacked line and was stood up... There's no guarantee that some defender doesn't get his mitts on the ball and rip it loose. So if you can't completely deaden the game with kneel downs, I figure just take the points, the two possession lead, and live with the consequences.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

There was a bad snap on 4th down. It wasn't inconceivable that Central Florida picked it up and ran it all the way back for a touchdown if the ball bounced differently. Greediness almost cost them

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

finally a man with a brain! the goal is to win the game- perfectly said.

12 Last