Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153480

Jrue Holiday to the Bucks for Bledsoe, Hill, and 3 1st's

those 1st's are going to be extremely valuable if Giannis doesn't re-sign. risky trade by the Bucks but understandable at the same time to try and keep him

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

1st round picks as valuable a 10 pct off coupon these days

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Is it official? That's a rly good trade for the bucks if so

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153480

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    1st round picks as valuable a 10 pct off coupon these days
    for this draft yes but not subsequent ones

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    those 1st's are going to be extremely valuable if Giannis doesn't re-sign. risky trade by the Bucks but understandable at the same time to try and keep him
    Had to do something significant to have a chance at signing The Freak to a max deal. This qualifies - Time will tell for Giannis...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Jrue looks so smooth and good but Bledsoe actually had better #s than him last year.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Jrue looks so smooth and good but Bledsoe actually had better #s than him last year.
    Offensively, but Jrue much better defender than Bled. Bucks also will ink Bogdanovic, sign and trade deal. All in for Giannis obviously - Hope it works!

rm18
    Update your status

They traded Divincenzo

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

It’s a good move Bledsoe can’t shoot and they need to surround Giannis with shooters who can okayboff the ball, holiday is a good defender too.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    They wouldn’t make that trade without talking to Giannis first and being convinced he would resign.

rm18
    Update your status

Their 3 numbers are the same though I guess Holiday has more range. Jrue is a better defender but Bledsoe was 1st and 2nd team all defense. I watched a lot of Pelican games for some reason Jrue's eye test is so much better than his actual #'s. I remember when Tyreke Evans and him were both on the team it looked like he was 5 times better player than Tyreke but stats were almost identical.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Their 3 numbers are the same though I guess Holiday has more range. Jrue is a better defender but Bledsoe was 1st and 2nd team all defense. I watched a lot of Pelican games for some reason Jrue's eye test is so much better than his actual #'s. I remember when Tyreke Evans and him were both on the team it looked like he was 5 times better player than Tyreke but stats were almost identical.
    Their three point numbers aren’t the same at all, Bledsoe shoots 33 percent but most of his shits are wide open shits since he’s played for several years with Giannis, holiday doesn’t get anywhere near as many open looks but his numbers are clearly better. Holiday is bigger for defending and the much better shooter, the only risk with with Holliday is injuries.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

Very good trade for Milwaukee

Bledsoe's been a complete no show in the playoffs

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

does nothing

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i am not sure it is enough to get him to stay. that is a lot to give up either way for a non superstar.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Jrue is a helluva player and the best point guard defender in the league in an era where the nba is dominated by so many prolific scoring point guards.

The first round picks don't usually translate to much in the nba versus the nfl or other major sports. The probability that a first round pick pans out is slim, couple that in with if Giannis reups then those first rounders are practically second rounders.

Bledsoe was always a terrible fit, he's a pg that can't shoot and can't pass. He's good for a pickup game in rucker park, that's about it.

The bogdan trade was foolish, divencenzo is already a more complete player than bogdan and only getting better whereas bogdan is a one dimensional shooter. Bucks should've went after davis bertans to shore up the shooting

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

That is steep for the Bucks but I do agree with Shady about Bledsoe, he was very mediocre in the Heat series. He took terrible shots when he didn't need to.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Jrue is a helluva player and the best point guard defender in the league in an era where the nba is dominated by so many prolific scoring point guards.

The first round picks don't usually translate to much in the nba versus the nfl or other major sports. The probability that a first round pick pans out is slim, couple that in with if Giannis reups then those first rounders are practically second rounders.

Bledsoe was always a terrible fit, he's a pg that can't shoot and can't pass. He's good for a pickup game in rucker park, that's about it.

The bogdan trade was foolish, divencenzo is already a more complete player than bogdan and only getting better whereas bogdan is a one dimensional shooter. Bucks should've went after davis bertans to shore up the shooting
    Divencenzo is not close to as good as bogdanovich and he was horrible in the playoffs.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Good trade for the bucks, although 3 first round picks is crazy

Holiday is great in crunch time, Bledsoe is one of the worst I've ever seen. Holiday can guard your team's best perimeter player. Bledsoe can only guard the PG position. Holiday is a much better playmaker as well.

Bogdonovic much better than Divencenzo. He's a scoring machine.

Bucks should grab another lethal 3 pt shooter and I think they'll be favorites in the east.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Good trade for the bucks, although 3 first round picks is crazy

Holiday is great in crunch time, Bledsoe is one of the worst I've ever seen. Holiday can guard your team's best perimeter player. Bledsoe can only guard the PG position. Holiday is a much better playmaker as well.

Bogdonovic much better than Divencenzo. He's a scoring machine.

Bucks should grab another lethal 3 pt shooter and I think they'll be favorites in the east.
    They are all late picks and the trade wasn’t just good because they got holiday, they had to get rid of the horrible Bledsoe contract.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody beating Lakers men

thomorino

The bogdanovich pick up is underrated, he’s a good shooter who can play off the ball, should fit week with Giannis.

Holliday adds a veteran to a young team too.