stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Tonight's three MAC games.

I looked at the numbers for the three MAC games tonight since I don't know much about the 2020 MAC league, thought maybe I could find an edge somewhere.

After ten minutes I said to myself "My God, what a shit fest"
    And decided that in the name of all things holy to take a night off from football before I have a migraine breakdown analyzing these three game.

Unless you're from the DeKalb Illinois or the Oxford Ohio metropolitan areas or went to a MAC school or just a NCAA football junkie maybe you know these things.

For instance, can Akron really that bad to warrant a 27 point handicap against Ohio, and if so should Akron really be allowed to play college football on a D1 level?

Is this the MAC game equivalent to a Rutgers against Ohio State game in the Big 10?

Good luck tonight all, I may order up a PPV or something.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie, and Tanko

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

Welcome to the MAC.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Welcome to the MAC.
    I've read stories about the Detroit mafia and point shaving in the MAC.

I can't confirm or deny what I read but I can comment on it my saying "it wouldn't surprise me"

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153420

there's always at least 2 teams per season in the MAC who are prone to getting blown out and thus the large spreads for those games are justified. over recent years, those teams usually come from this group of 3... BGSU, Akron, and Kent. Ball has had some very lean years as well though not quite as bottom level as those 3

but large spreads in the MAC that don't involve one of those teams are usually troublesome because the talent level in the MAC is generally very very close. at that point it comes down to coaching and who executes their schemes the best. that's what makes capping the MAC an enormous challenge and mentally draining

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153420

it's the Toledo mafia, many famous fixed games at the Glass Bowl over the years. they also fixed in hoops as well

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

over Buffalo game