Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

How is Joe Biden -745 to win the popular vote not free money?

Seriously considering laying $7450 to win $1000. Not saying he's a lock to win the election so there is value on Trump at +182 but if Hillary had 2.87M more pop. votes in 2016 I can't possibly see how this bet loses. Granted my entire balance will be tried up for a week and a 1/2 but at least I don't have to worry about doing something stupid and losing the whole thing by then. Any advice would be appreciated.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Still don’t understand the idiots that think this braindead dementia fool is popular??

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Seen more like -550, that’s an awful number.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Better bet is Trump wins popular vote but loses election.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Seriously considering laying $7450 to win $1000. Not saying he's a lock to win the election so there is value on Trump at +182 but if Hillary had 2.87M more pop. votes in 2016 I can't possibly see how this bet loses. Granted my entire balance will be tried up for a week and a 1/2 but at least I don't have to worry about doing something stupid and losing the whole thing by then. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Look up the threads in 2016 that were very similar to this one. You might want to save your money for other bets.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Look up the threads in 2016 that were very similar to this one. You might want to save your money for other bets.
    I'm just talking popular vote KLC I definitely don't think the election is a lock.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

I'm just talking popular vote KLC I definitely don't think the election is a lock.
    I know. I'm just saying the polls are screwed nowadays, and a number that high is not as much of a lock as it looks. Just looking out for you.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Doug dodgers tonight or they lose series. so ask yourself are they gonna win the world.series?

Frilla129
    Frilla129's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Biden to win popular vote should be -5000, I agree. If there weren't better opportunities available on politics I'd dump my money right into that one, but some of the state and Senate lines are similarly flawed.

Democrats have won the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections (Bush 2004 being the exception). California, among other states, will see a massive increase in voter turnout, and California alone will be enough to tip the popular vote to Biden, regardless of what happens in the EC.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

It is free money

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Seen more like -550, that’s an awful number.
    You ain't kidding..I'm seeing -650 on Betonline & -600 on BetUs. I'm stuck with -745 at BM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hillary much tougher opponent than Biden all you need to know

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I know. I'm just saying the polls are screwed nowadays, and a number that high is not as much of a lock as it looks. Just looking out for you.
    Appreciate it man but I feel way safer laying this number on something pretty much predetermined than on a random tennis match or college football game ML.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

this is why youre always in gambling trouble...

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Frilla129 View Post
    Biden to win popular vote should be -5000, I agree. If there weren't better opportunities available on politics I'd dump my money right into that one, but some of the state and Senate lines are similarly flawed.

Democrats have won the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections (Bush 2004 being the exception). California, among other states, will see a massive increase in voter turnout, and California alone will be enough to tip the popular vote to Biden, regardless of what happens in the EC.
    Thanks man you pretty much swayed it for me. Actually right now I'm at 6100 so if I could get it up to 7450 by the weekend to win at least $1K I'm definitely making the bet.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Doug if I had 7500 I would totally do it. What could go wrong???

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Doug dodgers tonight or they lose series. so ask yourself are they gonna win the world.series?
    Honestly biggie I could definitely see them losing tonight and still winning the WS. I think there's way more value in the series price -195 cuz there's too many variables involved in a random game that's not nearly as big as 5 or 7. After the Stros almost choked that series and the way LA came back I'd be shocked if they don't win it this year.
    Last edited by Doug tushyterror; 10-23-20 at 05:53 PM.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Doug if I had 7500 I would totally do it. What could go wrong???
    Gee Jake nothing sarcastic ask about that question right???

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

I’m on it like stink on shit. In Calif he will lose by 4 million. That’s a lot of votes to make up

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    this is why youre always in gambling trouble...
    I get what you're saying but this is a one off bet. I would only risk my entire balance on this much juice on something non sports related if it's pretty much a mortal lock. Just checked fivethirtyeight.com. They got Biden winning the popular vote 96 in 100. Unless he drops dead by Tuesday please tell me how this loses?

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

I get what you're saying but this is a one off bet. I would only risk my entire balance on this much juice on something non sports related if it's pretty much a mortal lock. Just checked fivethirtyeight.com. They got Biden winning the popular vote 96 in 100. Unless he drops dead by Tuesday please tell me how this loses?
    so bet it, post the ticket and ill put the popcorn in the microwave

Doug tushyterror

I most definitely will. Not to sound like a total douche but I'm not here to BS or attention whore. If I say I'm gonna do it, I'll do it but I gotta get my balance to 7450 to make it worth it. Not there yet.
    https://i.imgur.com/URh6byf.jpg
    Last edited by Doug tushyterror; 10-23-20 at 06:52 PM.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The main reason the democrats win the popular vote most years is because republicans don’t campaign in California, but many people on California are sick of these absurd shutdowns, I don’t see democrats running up as huge margins in California and New York because of how unpopular the shutdowns in those states are.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The main reason the democrats win the popular vote most years is because republicans don’t campaign in California, but many people on California are sick of these absurd shutdowns, I don’t see democrats running up as huge margins in California and New York because of how unpopular the shutdowns in those states are.
    So you don't think it's a good bet? I meant to post my balance with the election odds not the World Series price..my bad. Anyway it just went up to - 764. Even though I'm not egomaniacal enough to think my post moved the number I probably should've kept my mouth shut and just bet it & then posted it.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by Frilla129 View Post

Hey man appreciate the response considering it your 1st post

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

With so many mail in ballots there's a chance ,if anyone is declared the winner early and the other guy concedes, that CA and west coast don't actually tally the votes, ergo the winner in the election is determined, and CA, OR, WA, NV doesnt count 5.5mm mail in ballots or contested ballots for President

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

I don't think it's a lock at all. you're better off putting that money on the Dodgers to win the series

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    With so many mail in ballots there's a chance ,if anyone is declared the winner early and the other guy concedes, that CA and west coast don't actually tally the votes, ergo the winner in the election is determined, and CA, OR, WA, NV doesnt count 5.5mm mail in ballots or contested ballots for President
    That's a good point and I'm also worried it might be like 2000 where it could take days or weeks till they get the official results. If I could know for a fact the bet will be graded by Wednesday the latest it's a no brainer but now I'm having doubts.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    I don't think it's a lock at all. you're better off putting that money on the Dodgers to win the series
    Honestly I can't do it..as much as I like the Dodgers to win it I could never consider baseball a lock.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

I actually looked at this earlier today and said to myself how could this lose?

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Dodgers a lock to lose if they don't win tonight. Tonight is the play on dodgers dont think -190 is a good price. This is dodgers game 7 and ur getting -150~

my two cents.

I did blow through over 30 yesterday

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

There are some reports out there that Biden would surpass 5 million more votes than Trump.

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Dodgers a lock to lose if they don't win tonight. Tonight is the play on dodgers dont think -190 is a good price. This is dodgers game 7 and ur getting -150~

my two cents.

I did blow through over 30 yesterday
    I liked your bet on TB on Wed. & I can't argue with you on this one but if they lose then the LA SP at even money or better would be the way to go.. no need to start chasing game 4 at -160 or whatever.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

i'm taking the under 7.5 tonight. 2 good pitchers

Doug tushyterror

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    There are some reports out there that Biden would surpass 5 million more votes than Trump.
    I'm looking at a Newsweek article now from October 12 that says Biden has a 99% chance of winning the popular & 91% the electoral. Not to be all wishy-washy but I'm starting to think the smarter bet would just be Biden to win the election $2140 to win 1K. Same win amount over 5K less risk

12 Last