numbers crazy in Wisc overall .

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

If you got no QB, you gotta cancel.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Good. Conference of pussies and quitters. Started too late to begin with, now Wisconsin will be lucky to play 4 games

Roger T. Bannon

By the time this season is over, people will probably wish they had just cancelled the season. All the players are just losing a year of eligibility with a completely wasted season.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    By the time this season is over, people will probably wish they had just cancelled the season. All the players are just losing a year of eligibility with a completely wasted season.
    No one is losing eligibility

This year doesn't count in the NCAA for that at all

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Wisconsin covid issues, shut down for 7 days

Nebraska game off

Week after in serious question

The whole re-start was a dumb idea. Who didn't see this coming?

Roger T. Bannon

No one is losing eligibility

This year doesn't count in the NCAA for that at all
    For every player that plays the year? I know the guys that choose to sit out don't lose a year.

Brock Landers

For every player that plays the year? I know the guys that choose to sit out don't lose a year.
    This year DOES NOT COUNT towards anything.

Like it didn't happen, play or not

Roger T. Bannon

I'm pretty sure Wisconsin could play this game if they wanted to. But with no QB, it is an easy dodge.

Roger T. Bannon

This year DOES NOT COUNT towards anything.

Like it didn't happen, play or not
    Looks like that is the case. I guess the guys sitting out just didn't want to get hurt in a wasted year and hurt their NFL chances. Smart decision.

Roger T. Bannon

Now that I think about it, North Texas is dodging UTEP. They aren't sure they can beat them and don't want to lose and ruin their recruiting.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Funny how cowards are always rewarded when democrats are in charge.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Not sure how they play the following 2 games with no qb and no coach. Then they have to hope every team left on schedule has no issues by then. Might as well shut it down.

Roger T. Bannon

I would bet the Wisconsin QB is false positive but if he has it, it is a legit shutdown. They are all going to get it. Texas Tech just let their whole team get it and kept playing but they were not in conference and mostly had not started playing.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

I would bet the Wisconsin QB is false positive but if he has it, it is a legit shutdown. They are all going to get it. Texas Tech just let their whole team get it and kept playing but they were not in conference and mostly had not started playing.
    That is what Clemson did earlier this summer....just let it run through the program before the season started.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

COVID numbers in Wisconsin are widely regarded as being the result of political moves.

While the Democratic governor has tried to enact public health measure to slow the spread, the republican legislature has taken the measures to court, even if they were similar or less stringent than other states.

So they scrapped plans for public health measures but sent their team to play in a conference with outlined and very strict rules regarding COVID.

With no bubble it sounds like the state government, particularly the legislature, set the team up to fail or at least to cancel some games.

It's a problem with no central leadership and the political weaponization of the Kung Flu. They aren't working together.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    COVID numbers in Wisconsin are widely regarded as being the result of political moves.

While the Democratic governor has tried to enact public health measure to slow the spread, the republican legislature has taken the measures to court, even if they were similar or less stringent than other states.

So they scrapped plans for public health measures but sent their team to play in a conference with outlined and very strict rules regarding COVID.

With no bubble it sounds like the state government, particularly the legislature, set the team up to fail or at least to cancel some games.

It's a problem with no central leadership and the political weaponization of the Kung Flu. They aren't working together.

LOL. They have no QBs. That has nothing to do with politics.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is the best you people can do? Is this all you have? Are you stupid enough to really think that the Colleges care about these athletes? This is a money grab. PERIOD! Colleges could care less whether some fat overweight black kid catches Covid-19 and dies or not. Do you? Would you lose a minutes sleep if some dumb black kid died playing football if it did NOT cost you a penny? Do you think that the Liberal Democrats would care about Blacks if they did not vote for them? This entire season is a joke. The Southern teams could care less how many people become ill or die. Southern States like Alabama and Mississippi have absolutely NOTHING going for them except College Football. Lives are certainly worth risking for Alabama Football.

The reality of the situation is this. The Colleges will do anything they can to stop the financial reversals they are suffering through because of the lost revenues due to football not being able to play in front of sold out stadiums. TV revenues are down. Meaningless Bowl games which help advertise their product are being canceled.

Bottom line for the Big 10. As long as their is an Ohio State around, they could care less about the other 13 teams in the conference. They just want to make sure that they have a potential challenger for the N.C. The rest of the games are meaningless. Look at the ultra soft schedule they gave Ohio State to play this season.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

LOL. They have no QBs. That has nothing to do with politics.
    Read it again. I can't even respond to your post as it has nothing to do with mine. I'm talking about a difference in policies that were known when the season for the Big 10 started. One side of makers might be political, but I'm not talking politics, I'm talking preparation for the environment they are in.

Roger T. Bannon

Read it again. I can't even respond to your post as it has nothing to do with mine.

Your post doesn't have much to do with anything.

Big 10 schools started late and when COVID was going to start skyrocketing. No surprise it is spreading in Wisconsin and possibly infecting the whole team. It is what you would expect to happen.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If you got no QB, you gotta cancel.
    Not true. There was a bowl game a few years back where the left handed intramural QB played. It was painful watching him play and a shitty game, but you can play with no D1 scholarship QB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Your post doesn't have much to do with anything.

Big 10 schools started late and when COVID was going to start skyrocketing. No surprise it is spreading in Wisconsin and possibly infecting the whole team. It is what you would expect to happen.
    This is wrong, just see Florida and Wisconsin. Every state is not in the same boat, especially with there football teams.

Florida and Wisconsin have something in common, something that was a bit fishy in Texas but they seemed to have gotten through it.

That is what I'm talking about, ppd's and facts that have already occurred.

The point I'm making is that the public health policies were not in line with the NCAA's and in fact were contrary. That's why we see selective games and teams from certain areas constantly being postponed.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Not true. There was a bowl game a few years back where the left handed intramural QB played. It was painful watching him play and a shitty game, but you can play with no D1 scholarship QB
    Obviously. They do not want to play with the fourth-stringer against Nebraska. We will find out soon if they are dodging the game or the QB has tested positive. They probably know the test results now. If they have all their QBs out, it makes sense to shut down. If it is a false positive and start back up next week, they just did not want to play it.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Correct. Teams don't cancel anyway, they forfeit.

Roger T. Bannon

Speaking of which, Georgia had all of their QBs get hurt for a Bowl game so they moved Hines Ward to QB and ran the wishbone. That was awesome.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Obviously. They do not want to play with the fourth-stringer against Nebraska. We will find out soon if they are dodging the game or the QB has tested positive. They probably know the test results now. If they have all their QBs out, it makes sense to shut down. If it is a false positive and start back up next week, they just did not want to play it.
    This has to do with the Big 10 positive tests threshold rate as compared to the population positivity rate. Yes, Wisconsin decided to halt activities, but they are not testing themselves and creating positive results to force a no contest. They are left with little choice with the numbers they have.

It sounds like this game won't be postponed, it's being ruled a no contest as of now as well.

Hopefully the conferencesd on't make a habit of that little decision.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

is there a make up date?

Roger T. Bannon

This has to do with the Big 10 positive tests threshold rate as compared to the population positivity rate. Yes, Wisconsin decided to halt activities, but they are not testing themselves and creating positive results to force a no contest. They are left with little choice with the numbers they have.

It sounds like this game won't be postponed, it's being ruled a no contest as of now as well.

Hopefully the conferencesd on't make a habit of that little decision.
    It's a corrupt system. First off, Wisconsin is likely to see a big COVID upswing before Florida because of the weather. Second, Florida and Southern schools are much more likely to cover up COVIDs like Texas Tech did and just play through. It also all depends on who has COVID. If your starting QB has it, you will cancel before you will cancel with a couple of backups in the secondary.

Wisconsin is in a bit of a fix here so opting out makes a lot of sense. If nothing else just because they need to pretend they are taking it seriously.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is the disaster everyone predicted when they wanted to start playing without wearing masks.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 10-28-20 at 02:07 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

JJ. Do you ever read anything? There is NO make up dates for ANY Big 10 cancellation. That has only been stated 100 times. Get a life idiot.

Brock Landers

Correct. Teams don't cancel anyway, they forfeit.
    No

It's a NO CONTEST

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

No

It's a NO CONTEST
    I know, I posted that already above. They aren't trying to re schedule any of these games in the Big 10, as far as I know.

I'm talking about if they just decided they didn't have a QB, like Bannon was saying,they wouldn't cancel. They would play someone, like Seaborne is saying, and I'm saying if not it still wouldn't cancel, it would be a forfeit.

This is different, this is COVID and has nothing to do with the number of QB's available.

It has everything to do with the positivity rates. Big 10 pretty stringent too with the 21 day rule...fawk.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...Florida and Wisconsin have something in common, something that was a bit fishy in Texas but they seemed to have gotten through it...
    Shit is catching up in the state of Texas too. Gonna be pissed if messes with one of my triggers.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Only hope is if Biden gets re-elected and Trump agrees to a nation mask mandate immediately. If we wait until Biden is in charge in 3 months it could be too late to save football.

12 Last