deeppckts
    deeppckts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Sports strategy MYTHS

1. "Look at QB A with a long, time consuming drive, and the best part is that you take time away from Tom Brady who's stuck sitting on the bench."

WRONG. All that matters is offensive drive EFFICIENCY. The only time this is a good idea is if you expect to be a huge dog, then killing the clock INCREASES VARIANCE to your advantage by shortening the game. Otherwise, how long your drive took is meaningless.

2. "I only use my closer during a save situation"

The SAVE statistic is about as arbitrary as any. Bases loaded, 2 outs, up 5 runs = save? Use your best reliever when an OUT or OUTS are most valuable. For example, bases loaded 0 outs, up 1-4 runs in the 7th inning.
    Basic logic eluding MLB for decades. Thank goodness for the RAYS who have not given a shit about this retarded statistic for years!

3. "I only go for 2 in a blowout."

Why?? Aside from score considerations late in the game, go for 2 whenever the expected value of it is greater than the expected value from the PAT. For some teams with great red zone offenses, they should be going for TWO on their first touchdown of the game! But who does??

What coach/commentator BUNGLES drive you nuts the most?????

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I'm a little older, but....

Bill Parcells won 2 NFC Championships and 2 Super Bowls keeping the other teams offense off the field, even though he had a great defense

The 2nd SuperBowl against the Bills was the greatest example of that

Shannahan won 2 SuperBowls in Denver doing the same thing

Ball control played a huge strategic role in the NFL in those years, but today's game is totally different

I liked it much better then