Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Hey Microphone

I checked, if you use viabtc paid accelerator service, they want $44

Im willing to bet youd be happy to pay that to end this nightmare.. I can vouch for the service, I just used it yesterday after waiting 28 hours for a confirmation, and mine confirmed 10 minutes later in the next block

https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator

Droopy Dog,
    I sure would pay it. Let me check it out. Thank you for helping.

Mic

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I was able to get your transaction in to the free ViaBTC accelerator. It will confirm the next time ViaBTC mines a block. Could be the next block or it could be a few hours.
    Points Awarded:

Microphone gave Kaabee 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

deeppckts
    deeppckts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Get a wallet that shows how many satoshis it's intending to send to get your tx confirmed. Have it always set to high. If it says high (200 satoshis), then you know the blockchain is really congested and you might want to wait or send a higher fee. If it says like 75-100 satoshis, you'll be good with any reasonable fee.

I always send for 50 satoshis more than what HIGH recommends and it's really fast.

Kaabee

And there ya go. ViaBTC mined the next block

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    And there ya go. ViaBTC mined the next block
    I tried before you the free one and it said, paraphrased, it was full try again later. Went to lunch and was going to do the pay one. Thanks to you and Droopy for checking this personally. I truly appreciate it.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR

Quote Originally Posted by deeppckts View Post
    Get a wallet that shows how many satoshis it's intending to send to get your tx confirmed. Have it always set to high. If it says high (200 satoshis), then you know the blockchain is really congested and you might want to wait or send a higher fee. If it says like 75-100 satoshis, you'll be good with any reasonable fee.

I always send for 50 satoshis more than what HIGH recommends and it's really fast.
    Thanks for advice, I'm keeping this all for reference.

deeppckts
    deeppckts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

The accelerators seem to have helped me in the past... but when it finally gets confirmed you never really know if it was cause of the accelerator or it would've happened anyways.
    I'd certainly never use one that requires payment for the acceleration.

Kaabee

It's quite easy to know if it was the accelerator. Just check your position in the priority. If you get confirmed when your priority is greater than the transactions included in the block then it was the accelerator that did it.

In his case he was like 65,000/150,000. It may have been several more days to get confirmed.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    It's quite easy to know if it was the accelerator. Just check your position in the priority. If you get confirmed when your priority is greater than the transactions included in the block then it was the accelerator that did it.

In his case he was like 65,000/150,000. It may have been several more days to get confirmed.

The last I looked it was just over 65000. I find it hard to believe I jumped up in line by fate. I admit I'm surprised the free accelerator worked that quick as I was ready to spring $45. But maybe the jump in line isn't as clear cut as I say. I'm not a BTC expert so maybe there's more to this.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

I’ve been pending since noon Monday.....it’s bullshittt

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    I’ve been pending since noon Monday.....it’s bullshittt
    Did you try any of this? I was just after noon Tuesday, 48 hours and the above really worked.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post

I tried before you the free one and it said, paraphrased, it was full try again later. Went to lunch and was going to do the pay one. Thanks to you and Droopy for checking this personally. I truly appreciate it.
    The ViaBTC accelerator resets on the hour.

So you need to submit as close to 1 second after the hour as possible to get in when it gets busy.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The ViaBTC accelerator resets on the hour.

So you need to submit as close to 1 second after the hour as possible to get in when it gets busy.
    Good to know Opti thanks.

Dr. Fager
    Update your status
    Dr. Fager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7167

From Coinbase to Exodus wallet: Transaction placed 10/28/20 at 6:18pm EST. Still pending in Blockchain as of this post, the fee was $1.75. If the pay more for the fee option was available I would have done so, but I don't see it offered on the Coinbase website.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fager View Post
    From Coinbase to Exodus wallet: Transaction placed 10/28/20 at 6:18pm EST. Still pending in Blockchain as of this post, the fee was $1.75. If the pay more for the fee option was available I would have done so, but I don't see it offered on the Coinbase website.
    i don't see it either when i use coinbase. my fee is always like 2.99 or 3.99 if i remember correctly.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    send with a Priority higher fee next time

also if the "network" is busy, nothing much helps during those times

you can check the Mempool size next time before you send, to see what you're up against:

https://www.blockchain.com/charts/mempool-size

https://www.blockchain.com/charts/mempool-count

Right now, it looks pretty jammed up

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Coinciding with the upwards price spike today, the Bitcoin mempool looks very busy.

Be aware if you are planning to send or receive bitcoin, you should consider paying a higher fee,

or perhaps even a better strategy will be to wait for the upcoming days to see if the situation has improved.

Check the network congestion at the links provided in the quoted post.

You might also consider using Altcoins such as Litecoin or Ethereum to avoid Bitcoin transaction congestion.

One of the problems the congestion can cause, is when expecting to send or receive at the current market price, by the time your transaction is actually processed - the bitcoin market price could significantly change.

First 12