ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Houston

so you are in the midst of making a comeback on the road after being down dd and you are up 1 and score again and you GO FOR 2 to try and go up 9...

ON THE ROAD

after all hard work to get the lead

you fail... now up just 7

give up the late score... go to OT... lose the toss then your crappy worn out defense gives up a td to lose the game?

was hoping Titans would take an L to help out Colts but noooo... Houston still a bunch of losers

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Had Houston +5.5

What a bunch of worthless cunnts

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Defense probably would have given up the 2 point conversion anyway if the lead was 8. Romeo had much more confidence in his offense than his defense. If I were coaching the Texans, I would have done the same thing going for 2. I really wanted to slap that announcer with the card, for when you go for 2, in the face.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Going for 2 definitely the correct call, if you get it you are guaranteed to win

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Going for 2 definitely the correct call, if you get it you are guaranteed to win
    no

you force the other team to score and also convert the 2 pt conversions... which are FAR FROM GUARANTEED

HELLO

the Ravens lead shrunk down to 8 on the road and they gave up a late score but STOPPED the 2 point try and WON

Houston lost

some of you guys would make the worst decisions imaginable if you were a coach

this isn't madden

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

I hate this team's defense....especially when they are playing Tennessee.

Should have used a timeout before the TD pass. It was their only chance...when your d is that bad.

Wrongside

I guess I really don't mind the going for two. I mind just about everything else...especially that the books don't give me the -3.5 live option after the 4th Q. We knew what was coming...

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I guess Romeo isn't the only dumb shit out there

Lots of people members of the Bill O'Brien club

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    I guess Romeo isn't the only dumb shit out there

Lots of people members of the Bill O'Brien club
    Why was it a dumb call?

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Why was it a dumb call?
    I think it could be considered a dumb call if you don't believe in it . Lotta Johnny come late-lies to some of these new fads (aggressively going for it on 4th down as well), when it is not that big of a difference...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

LOL I knew moving back the extra point and all this 2 point conversion nonsense would fukk up spreads but no one bats an eye.

Uncertainty makes sports betting unbeatable but since most lose anyway, no one cares.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Taylor Lewan will have a MRI Monday to get into the severity of his knee injury. As Jay Glazer reported it's possible it's a torn ACL for Titans Pro Bowl LT.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Titans are the first team in NFL history with a 350+ yard passer (Ryan Tannehill, 364) AND a 200+ yard rusher (Derrick Henry, 212) in the same game

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

It really comes down to this... Do you want the game decided by your offense or your defense? Who do you trust more? Well in the case of the Texans, offense is their strength, defense not so much.

If the Texans convert, game over. And if they don't convert, you're still up 7. Basically you're free rolling a potential win from the two-yard line. That's a pretty good deal when your defense is getting worked over.

You play to your team's strength, like you would in any other scenario.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 10-18-20 at 10:05 PM.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    It really comes down to this... Do you want the game decided by your offense or your defense? Who do you trust more? Well in the case of the Texans, offense is their strength, defense not so much.

If the Texans convert, game over. And if they don't convert, you're still up 7. Basically you're free rolling a potential win from two-yard line. That's a pretty good deal when your defense is getting worked over.

You play to your team's strength, like you would in any other scenario.
    Well said. For some reason people don't understand the entire point is to WIN the game, not play for OT

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Texans defense is terrible. They could not close the game out. Crennel is a defensive guy, blame him for the 601 yards his D allowed

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

It depends whether you trust your offense more than your defense. Whether your chance of converting is better than your chance of stopping. That's it. So you think each offense has a 55% chance to convert, then you go for it.