firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    This is like, when the Japanese were in the middle of bombing Pearl Harbor, demanding that the US commander in charge provide an ETA on when he would make it stop. It's not like someone spilled coffee on a server and they just need to swap it out. They are fighting an active attack here. The situation may not be entirely under their control.

Do you want them to just make up a bullshit time to please you temporarily? Or should they continue working on the problem and update us when they have something solid?
    I'd prefer if this didn't happen all the time
    That would solve everything

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by deeppckts View Post
    I predict the site is back up and working, but slowly, by midday tomorrow. If it's not working by Sunday afternoon then it could be a while.

Maybe someone who they screwed on a line move had enough and decided to blow up their servers.
    Great insight, JFC

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by newfiepicks View Post
    I severely doubt it's a DDOS attack. DDOS attacks don't last this long. They use cloudflare to help mitigate DDOS attacks and the first errors I saw with the site was cloudflare not able to access the underlying BOL servers.

I don't know where they locate their servers but I assume if if was a major equipment failure at their data center you would hear of other sites impacted.
    I agree. Which makes it likely that personal information might’ve been compromised. I definitely think users should be told if that’s the case. They should also state if this is impacting pending wagers or if the cyber attack may have knocked them out, which could impact people hedging at other sites. I just don’t feel the “we are working to resolve this as soon as possible” is enough of an answer.

CamNewtonOutfit
    CamNewtonOutfit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 908

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    I agree. Which makes it likely that personal information might’ve been compromised. I definitely think users should be told if that’s the case. They should also state if this is impacting pending wagers or if the cyber attack may have knocked them out, which could impact people hedging at other sites. I just don’t feel the “we are working to resolve this as soon as possible” is enough of an answer.
    Perhaps they signed onto all our accounts and put in bets like Jets -21 odds -110 for $1 million

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

BTW - One of the reasons that I believe they are under DDoS attack (besides using deductive reasoning), is that the site was acting funky yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing what I was seeing was the very beginnings of an attack starting to have its effect on their servers.

Edit: To be clear, this balance issue was happening sporadically and would always end up fixing itself after a few refreshes or navigations, which is why I didn't freak out and contact support.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Why would a DDOS cause that? DDOS would only make make it hard or impossible to access the site.
    The wording "aggressive cyber attack" doesn't sound like DDOS.

BTW - One of the reasons that I believe they are under DDoS attack (besides using deductive reasoning), is that the site was acting funky yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing what I was seeing was the very beginnings of an attack starting to have its effect on their servers.

Edit: To be clear, this balance issue was happening sporadically and would always end up fixing itself after a few refreshes or navigations, which is why I didn't freak out and contact support.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

The only thing to me is if they are under a DDOS attack why not just come out and say that? It would ease everyone’s mind that that’s all it is.

footballfish
    footballfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1725

On the BetOnline webpage, it says: "At BetOnline, all customer deposits are held in an insured escrow account, either in cash or cash equivalents." Hopefully that's true

ChocMilk23
    Day to Day
    ChocMilk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Why is anyone worried about their money being taken�� the money is in a bank just like all businesses it isn’t a weed shop... come on ppl common sense

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Why would a DDOS cause that? DDOS would only make make it hard or impossible to access the site.
    The wording "aggressive cyber attack" doesn't sound like DDOS.
    Because the purpose of a DDoS attack is to consume system resources to the point where the system cannot perform. Before a system reaches the ultimate point of failure, that consumption of memory and other resources can have very strange effects on the behavior of an application. Seeing data anomalies (or more precisely, display anomalies) like this is very common.

Source: I've spent years load and stress testing web based applications for Fortune 500 clients. A stress test is essentially a self-inflicted DDoS attack, where you see how hard you can push the system before it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    The only thing to me is if they are under a DDOS attack why not just come out and say that? It would ease everyone’s mind that that’s all it is.
    They have. A "cyber attack" is a category which obviously includes DDoS. It may not be as specific as you want, but this is what their management is comfortable releasing at the moment. What difference does it make to use right now? How will it change what you do in the meantime?
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 10-16-20 at 09:41 PM.

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

Saw the same thing starting a few days ago. They said they could see the correct balance on their end.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by ChocMilk23 View Post
    Why is anyone worried about their money being taken😂 the money is in a bank just like all businesses it isn’t a weed shop... come on ppl common sense
    This
    SPOT ON

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by Barrakuda View Post
    Saw the same thing starting a few days ago. They said they could see the correct balance on their end. Oh
    Interesting. If you saw it a few days ago then perhaps its an unrelated defect in their system - a coincidence.

Barrakuda

Interesting. If you saw it a few days ago then perhaps its an unrelated defect in their system - a coincidence.
    Looks like it was Wednesday (Oct 14), actually, when it started for me.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

BTW - One of the reasons that I believe they are under DDoS attack (besides using deductive reasoning), is that the site was acting funky yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing what I was seeing was the very beginnings of an attack starting to have its effect on their servers...
    Last night they may have been having trouble too, when today's MLB was first trading.

I noticed an issue.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Why is anyone worried about their money being taken�� the money is in a bank just like all businesses it isn’t a weed shop... come on ppl common sense
    Of course BOL would never hold BTC in a wallet ONLY in cold storage right??????????

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

We got games and people crying over 1 site. Wild. That is like an alcoholic crying that his favorite drink is off the shelf. There are 50000 others.

BOL

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    We got games and people crying over 1 site. Wild. That is like an alcoholic crying that his favorite drink is off the shelf. There are 50000 others.

BOL
    Some guys only like McDonald's fries. I prefer arby's.
    Points Awarded:

ChiLLx gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4063

Happened on my account as well when you went to pending. When you hit sports the correct balance reappeared.

EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4063

Quote Originally Posted by EasyCover View Post
    Happened on my account as well when you went to pending. When you hit sports the correct balance reappeared.
    Referring to the $-99,999.00 balance figure.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Some guys only like McDonald's fries. I prefer arby's.
    I like KFC wedges the best

Those Taco John's Ole's are quite good as well

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

dimaggio8
    dimaggio8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 907

Not worried about this. Should be up and running tomorrow.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Who is that brother down there?
    No clue man. We got games.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Honestly, if she was smart she would have opened her own store. But she is semi-newly married and didn't want to work anymore.

She would have put Arby's out of business.

Barrakuda

Almost no way it's a DDOS attack, or else their site wouldn't load at all.

I suspect it's the same crew that attacked STATS Perform. They decided to rebuild all of their databases rather than pay the ransom. It's been a week and they are still working on it. I just hope BOL has backup servers.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

LMAO Funny what have you done in here?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    LMAO Funny what have you done in here?

No clue. Was that even a nude? I don't think so. Prolly still get a ban anyways.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I put it in FLyMe, we just need to get into DDD's thread now.

The more alien roast beef the merrier.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I put it in FLyMe, we just need to get into DDD's thread now.

The more alien roast beef the merrier.

That POS didn't respond to my text last night. Nor did Booya. fuk them.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    That POS didn't respond to my text last night. Nor did Booya. fuk them.
    Sounds like DDD had a long night...

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    I woke up today and told myself, "Hey self, I know I've gotten my ass pounded...

CamNewtonOutfit
    CamNewtonOutfit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 908

Still down as of 11:41 am cambodia time

solring
    solring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3434

Apparently, you've never heard of Full Tilt...

...or Bet Islands...

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by Barrakuda View Post
    Almost no way it's a DDOS attack, or else their site wouldn't load at all.

I suspect it's the same crew that attacked STATS Perform. They decided to rebuild all of their databases rather than pay the ransom. It's been a week and they are still working on it. I just hope BOL has backup servers.
    This is not necessarily true. It depends on what component of the architecture they are targeting and how.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Free FunnyBeef!!!

First ... 78910111213 ... Last