Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Daryl Morey Steps Down As Rockets GM

Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey is stepping down after 13 seasons in the position, a source told The Athletic, confirming multiple media reports.

Rafael Stone, executive vice president of basketball operations, and Assistant General Manager Eli Witus will be taking over front office duties.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14344

Too much of China did him in.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Have enjoyed what Morey and D'Antoni where able to accomplish - pretty amazing what you can do with an owner like Leslie Alexander. Will be interesting to see what Tilman does since all his businesses are struggling due to the COVIDs and he doesn't seem to want to spend any money on winning.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26295

Now he can say anything he wants without NBA/China pressure.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Where's the outrage from lebum?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

His teams constantly underachieved. Analytics at its worse. He was fired.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Rockets 8 years in a row in the playoffs believe it or not is the longest current streak in the league.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Rockets Owner Tilman JFertitta says new general manager Rafael Stone will make the call on who Tillman hires as their next head coach: “Daryl (Morey, who’s acting in an advisory capacity) will give his input. (Rockets CEO) Tad (Brown)will give his input. All of basketball ops..”

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Houston a mess

Zero talent after watching all the teams this year

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

John Lucas has the support of James Harden and Russell Westbrook to become the Rockets head coach, per @TheSteinLine

If it comes down to who the players want as the coach, it will be John Lucas.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Former Rockets general manager Daryl Morey took out a full-page newspaper advertisement to thank the city of Houston, Rockets fans, James Harden and more this past weekend.

“Thank you for an amazing 14 years. Your love, support and energy has meant the world to me,” Morey wrote. “My family and I came to Houston as yankees, nervous about how the city would welcome us and honored that [previous owner] Leslie Alexander had trusted me to help run a legendary franchise. I came into an organization with Hall of Fame players Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady already in place and a championship legacy built by Houston legends like Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler.

“Walking into work on the first day was exciting, daunting and inspiring. Soon enough, the nervousness washed away and we came to feel like adopted Texans. What followed was the most amazing 14 years of my life.”

Morey dedicated the final part of his ad to Harden, who he credits for ‘changing his life’ during their time together in Houston.

“An entire page could be dedicated just to James,” Morey wrote. “He not only transformed my life but also revolutionized the game of basketball — and continues to do so — like almost no one has before. The game is played differently because of James, and on every playground in the world, the next generation of talent is studying and imitating his game.”