CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Ucf.........100-1 !!!

Hey guys, really pressed for time here. Will do a write-up with some angles/reasons to bet this long shot. This is a really good team, that is flying under the radar !.............................100-1

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

I like where your head is at, but it seems to me that the fact that their conference is pretty darn good this year serves as an opportunity for them to lose a game this year much more so than it gets them a seat the table. SEC will very much want two teams this year. Basically. Clemson needs to lose for this to play out...

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153480

don't you think that's still underpriced for all the politics they'd have to overcome?

CappinTerp

UCF @ 100-1..........I have never seen such a longshot look so attractive !! Of course this is my own perception, but here are the reasons/angles. UCF has been an up and coming program for the last 10 years, recruiting many players away from the power 5 conferences. In last seasons Fiesta Bowl, they played a powerful LSU team that had one of the country's best interior lines on both sides of the ball. Throw in a great QB like Joe Burrow along with a high level talent at the skilled positions and that is a very competitive team. UCF lead 14-7 in 1st Q, down 4 pts. at half and lost 40-32. In this years edition of UCF football, they loose only 3 starters on defense and 3 on offense. The Knights return QB Dillion Gabriel, who last season threw for 3,653 yards,29 TD's and only 7 interceptions ! UCF also returns 6 of 7 top ground gainers and 6 of 7 top receiving yards from WR's/TE. This team is deep and talented ! Last season they lead the nation in tackle's for loss, 2nd in total offense, 3rd in defense pass efficiency and 5th in scoring offense. The AAC is a much stronger conf. this season,this should help with the Voters. In this covid season any thing can happen,with teams playing fewer games. And with the power 5 teams knocking each other off, I can believe that the Voters will be more likely to have an non-power 5 team leapfrog over the bigger names
    The bottom line: It takes a lot of things to fall into place and a little luck for any team to win it all. UCF has the goods to do this............................AND AT 100 - 1 !!!!!! is a big price !!!

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

100-1 to do what?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Big Ten returning to play kills this bet.

Wrongside

Who will be the QB? Possible uncomfortableness there too, no?

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Big Ten returning to play kills this bet.
    ....not really they play 8 games in 8 weeks,then conf.cham. There is no room for error.Just one game postponed ( covid)......it will be impossible to make up. Still for myself,with all teams playing , putting down $75 to win $ 7,500, is a risk/reward that I am OK with.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

they would be 13+ point dogs in both semi and a potential miracle final and that is if they somehow get picked which seems like a at least 5-1 longshot on top of that. 100-1 seems light

nothing wrong with playing a good feeling find you like for a season good value for $20 and have some fun it is 100-1. BOL here

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Who will be the QB? Possible uncomfortableness there too, no?
    ...thier QB is back...3,653..29 TD's 7 int. Uncomfortable at ​100 - 1 ??

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    ...thier QB is back...3,653..29 TD's 7 int. Uncomfortable at ​100 - 1 ??
    I know the current QB is real good and a fiery sob, but Milton has no shot to take back the reigns?*

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/70c0b56...c-d4ed891fa691
    *I guess I'm ignorant of the situation....

How do you post a non-YouTube video, btw?
    Last edited by Wrongside; 09-23-20 at 12:25 PM.

LT Profits

....not really they play 8 games in 8 weeks,then conf.cham. There is no room for error.Just one game postponed ( covid)......it will be impossible to make up. Still for myself,with all teams playing , putting down $75 to win $ 7,500, is a risk/reward that I am OK with.
    I don't know if I missed something but is there significance to playing 8 games? Does it matter if they play 7 as long as Championship Game is played?

CappinTerp

I don't know if I missed something but is there significance to playing 8 games? Does it matter if they play 7 as long as Championship Game is played?
    No you did not miss anything,it's the way I see it,how will the voters react to a 7-0 reg season vs a 10-0 team ? A lot depend on who bets who and margin of victory. The case I am making is to bet a small amt. of money at a very big price.

LT Profits

No you did not miss anything,it's the way I see it,how will the voters react to a 7-0 reg season vs a 10-0 team ? A lot depend on who bets who and margin of victory. The case I am making is to bet a small amt. of money at a very big price.
    I hear ya. But you would think that a 7-0 team that then wins the Big Ten Championship knocks out any non-major.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post

I know the current QB is real good and a fiery sob, but Milton has no shot to take back the reigns?*

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/70c0b56...c-d4ed891fa691
    *I guess I'm ignorant of the situation....

How do you post a non-YouTube video, btw?
    Milton will be out for at least 3-4 weeks, they are both good..this whole team is very good. As for posting something.....I know little about it..........................bol

CappinTerp

I hear ya. But you would think that a 7-0 team that then wins the Big Ten Championship knocks out any non-major.
    LT,that is a great question, it would be close but no lay up for that Big 10 team.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

COVID kills the season.. no championship game thus no winner..all those who bet futures will have to fight to get there money back.

Unfortunately that is a possibility this year.

CappinTerp

One thing I forgot in write up : This UCF team is not a flash in the pan. Over the last 3 seasons they have won 35 games !