ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Out of all the misses, why the PAT? Smh
    why did they audible out of a Henry run on 3rd and 1? even if Tanneloser thinks a run blitz is coming just hand it off and let the big guy drag them for a yard. timeout... go for the TD then

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Lock missed a wide open TE on the goal line on the first half.

Then he over threw a wide open WR for a TD late in the 4th.

The Titans missed three FGs and an extra point and still won. Thats how bad Denver is coached.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 09-15-20 at 12:36 AM.

Cardsfan55
    Update your status
    Cardsfan55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1956

Are sports legit rigged? Shocked.....

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

And the Broncos should have been calling timeouts to preserve time for their final drive.

Had they done that, Titans would've gotten in more plays and might've gotten a TD.

I would fire the guy immediately. He didn't use his timeouts! I've never seen that in my life!

sackdud
    sackdud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    Drew Lock is absolutely horrific. Game over if he was actually accurate.
    yep secure pocket, plenty of time. reciever open by 5 yeards and overthrows him by 10 feet

guy is garbage

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

And the Broncos should have been calling timeouts to preserve time for their final drive.

Had they done that, Titans would've gotten in more plays and might've gotten a TD.
    they still easily had a couple shots for a TD if Henry converts the 3rd and 1. they had 2 timeouts to use.

no reason to audible to a pass and throw ANYTHING

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    I would fire the guy immediately. He didn't use his timeouts! I've never seen that in my life!
    hoodie didn't call a timeout in the superbowl, let the clock run down and what happened malcom butler int

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17840

could have at least made that extra point. thanks for the loss kicker.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Cardsfan55 View Post
    Are sports legit rigged? Shocked.....
    2nd MNF game of night after first favorite covered and final game of week 1....

it's always some fishy sort of crap going on

JoeCool20

And the titans coach used a timeout himself to run a play to cover the spread and tankyhill overthrew the guy!

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    in some fairness to Fangio, Jeudy dropped the 1st down slant which he could've possibly scored on and the 3rd down deep ball wasn't Lock's first read
    It's called preparation. If you practice the plays and scenarios enough you don't choke in all the big moments. Denver fell apart on offense and defense when it mattered the most. Teams with good coaching will make those plays.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

And the titans coach used a timeout himself to run a play to cover the spread and tankyhill overthrew the guy!
    QB audibled to that play after looking at the defense... does he not know what his rb Henry is capable of?

this is why the titans won't win SHIT

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    2nd MNF game of night after first favorite covered and final game of week 1....

it's always some fishy sort of crap going on
    You guys are always crying conspiracy. Too many factors to be so certain it was refs fault.

Lock puts a little less arm into that pass and Denver wins...shit happens...I cant believe I still bet on this shit

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    I cant believe I still bet on this shit
    That pretty much sums it up.

It’s like flipping a coin and losing juice every other game.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    they still easily had a couple shots for a TD if Henry converts the 3rd and 1. they had 2 timeouts to use.

no reason to audible to a pass and throw ANYTHING
    I get what you're saying but I was actually glad they took a shot at the end zone, being that was Tenn's best shot to cover the spread. The play was there for the taking, Tannehill just sailed it a tad. I think had they ran the ball and picked up the first down, the Titans would have been content to run the clock down and kick the field goal. Maybe they run the ball once more against a stacked line but it's likely going to end up a FG attempt unless Henry gets in. The fact that the Broncos inexplicably ate their timeouts kinda fukked the sequence in terms of getting a Tenn cover.

JoeCool20

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    hoodie didn't call a timeout in the superbowl, let the clock run down and what happened malcom butler int
    I'm a Gawja guy. Let's don't talk about Super bowls. If ATL runs the ball 3 times after Julio's great catch, then Matt Bryant gets to walk off his great career with a bunny field goal and we win the super bowl... AND Julio's catch goes down as one of the best in history. Instead we lose the whole damn game and you won't ever hardly see his beautiful catch.

sackdud

vangio walks away with 2 timeouts

thats at least 60 seconds

if he played it right they would have gotten the ball back with 1:17 and 1 timeout

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

You guys are always crying conspiracy. Too many factors to be so certain it was refs fault.

Lock puts a little less arm into that pass and Denver wins...shit happens...I cant believe I still bet on this shit
    i hit a live under 39.5 bet with -101 juice

you can't tell me audibling to a pass on a 3rd and 1 when you have timeouts left and time to score a td and HENRY at RB is a logical decision

then the pass.... even worse

NardVa

Vic Fangio is in over his head. The reason it took him more than 30 years in the NFL to make head coach is because he doesn't have it. This guy needs to go back down to a position coach.

sackdud

Quote Originally Posted by sackdud View Post

if he played it right they would have gotten the ball back with 1:17 and 1 timeout
    plus a timeout gives his D a chance to rest

JoeCool20

I have never seen anything like that in my life in pro football.

How will he explain that in the press conference?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

I really think Fangio played it right. I know it sounds crazy. Look. If he takes his timeouts Tennessee scores a TD probably. By him not taking them, he was forcing the Ghost to make the kick. Even though it was closer.....he obviously has been rattled. Don't forget that they BLOCKED a kick earlier in the game too. He did it right. Maybe if he had 15 extra seconds for McManus to attempt a long field goal.

He really probably thought the best chance was Ghost missing. Otherwise, they need a TD to win with NO TIME (Under a minute left).

Fangio really played it the only way he could with what he had on the table IMO

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Him not taking timeouts was his read on how titans couldn't score. You still take em to give your offense more time

Not sure what he was thinking

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Imagine someone that had Vegas Knights tonite. Probably figured with less than 10 minutes left they win easy. Sometimes that stuff happens. I wonder if VEGAS DAVE had the Knights...........and gave it out too.

JoeCool20

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I really think Fangio played it right. I know it sounds crazy. Look. If he takes his timeouts Tennessee scores a TD probably. By him not taking them, he was forcing the Ghost to make the kick. Even though it was closer.....he obviously has been rattled. Don't forget that they BLOCKED a kick earlier in the game too. He did it right. Maybe if he had 15 extra seconds for McManus to attempt a long field goal.

He really probably thought the best chance was Ghost missing. Otherwise, they need a TD to win with NO TIME (Under a minute left).

Hey man GREAT "other side" comment! But I have to say no to that. Because this is pro football,

if he calls his timeouts, then the other guy runs it right up the middle. And even if he tries a TD play

your pro defense gets a chance to intercept it! NO WAY is the ball going in the air if he uses his TO's!

Not in the pros!

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153420

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    It's called preparation. If you practice the plays and scenarios enough you don't choke in all the big moments. Denver fell apart on offense and defense when it mattered the most. Teams with good coaching will make those plays.
    Jeudy dropped the 1st down pass which would've likely sealed the game, you can't blame that on Fangio. Titans defense was expecting 3 straight vanilla running plays on that sequence and their DB's weren't anywhere near the LOS on 1st down. i liked the aggressive yet relatively safe playcalling there, he just simply dropped the ball.

Fangio's main mistake was on the 4th down playcall in the 1H and arguably not using timeouts at the end of the game. keep in mind though that if Fangio did call TO's at the end of the game, the Titans might've scored a TD instead.

sackdud

no he didnt. you make TEnn lose possession as fast as possible. whether its a FG or a TD you need 1;30 left for lock, and most likely if he calls timeouts the D rests and TENN does not take any chances to the endzone, too risky

then you are getting the ball back with a decent amount of time left and 1 timeout

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Him not taking timeouts was his read on how titans couldn't score. You still take em to give your offense more time

Not sure what he was thinking

My point is is if he does take them then he is giving Titans more likely chance to punch it in the end zone. It affected Vrabel's play calling because now he has to think FG with time ticking away. So, he would've been left with no timeouts and if Titans got another first down........then they can run the clock out anyway as well. At least, this way I think he was hoping for a longer kick from Ghost to attempt. Then, they gave up more yards.

Like I said, he was in a tough spot and situation. You really aren't looking at the game in detail about this. If Titans have more time to punch it in then he's left having to score a TD with no TO's. He put it on GHOST to make the kick. Can't fault him in this situation.

I understand why he did what he did.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

If the Titans score a touchdown, so be it... But I'd rather take my chances with a minute and change to score a touchdown in response, than 17 seconds to score a field goal. And in the event the Titans don't score a touchdown but settle for FG, getting the ball back with over a minute and only needing three for the win is gravy, compared to what actually happened.

I mean the Titans were so deep in DEN territory you have to assume Gostkowski hits a gimme.

sackdud

if he thinks hes going to miss the kick you still make him attempt it at 1;30 instead of :17

he was a deer in the headlights and had no clue what to do

JoeCool20

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    Jeudy dropped the 1st down pass which would've likely sealed the game, you can't blame that on Fangio. Titans defense was expecting 3 straight vanilla running plays on that sequence and their DB's weren't anywhere near the LOS on 1st down. i liked the aggressive yet relatively safe playcalling there, he just simply dropped the ball.

Fangio's main mistake was on the 4th down playcall in the 1H and arguably not using timeouts at the end of the game. keep in mind though that if Fangio did call TO's at the end of the game, the Titans might've scored a TD instead.
    OMG Jeudy from Alabama costing a pro game win and D-Swift from UGA costing the Lions a pro game win!!

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

no he didnt. you make TEnn lose possession as fast as possible. whether its a FG or a TD you need 1;30 left for lock, and most likely if he calls timeouts the D rests and TENN does not take any chances to the endzone, too risky

then you are getting the ball back with a decent amount of time left and 1 timeout
    Timeouts don't help either side rest any more than the other. They both are 100% effort and running around. Don't see how that helps them more than Tenn. To's CAN stop momentum sometimes and help with play calling. But even then, they can second guess and be wrong. Like I said, watch it all over again and see what I mean. He was in a pickle. Without a doubt. So, he forced Ghost to kick.

You are assuming they will stop the Titans by him taking a timeout(s). What makes you think they stop them? Titans were still passing down there and almost scored on one.

JoeCool20

Denver coach is now on interview trying to explain his non timeout fiasco!!

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Denver coach is now on interview trying to explain his non timeout fiasco!!

channel?

NardVa

If he was counting on a blocked or missed kicked at such close range (which is rare) then he is dumber than what I thought. Praying to the football gods is not what I consider smart coaching.

First ... 23456 Last