icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

live betting - broadcast delays: the books are way ahead of the players

was watching the Dallas/LA NFL game yesterday while actively live betting on Unibet.

I'd notice price changes on markets I was betting were happening well before the snap of the ball etc.

I also noticed the game clock on the unibet site was 20 or so seconds ahead of the actual official game clock on the tv broadcast.

For example the in play game total price would adjust according to field position etc and I could basically tell what was going to happen on the next play on tv because of the odds change.

Now I was NOT watching online or streaming or satellite or cable tv, I was watching a live over the air (using an outdoor antenna) broadcast on NBC & switching between it and the Canadian channel (CTV) over the air broadcast.

The US feed (NBC) was a few seconds behind the CTV feed and unibet had access to the game approx 20 seconds ahead of that.

So remember, live bet during breaks in the game is a better idea than trying to bet while the game is being played.
    Last edited by icon; 09-14-20 at 02:35 PM.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

good thread. i have noticed the same when live betting hockey totals and baseball these past weeks.

fell victim in a game i was just looking at espn gamecast on. thought +3.5 at -140 was a steal and it turned out it was that price cause a HR was hit that did not appear on gamecast but the book knew about it.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 849

Oh yeah... this has happened to me multiple times.

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

It gets even worse when you try to place a bet and they delay that as well. Live betting makes no sense to me. The juice is much higher than pre-match lines and the books have huge time advantages.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by dmm View Post
    It gets even worse when you try to place a bet and they delay that as well. Live betting makes no sense to me. The juice is much higher than pre-match lines and the books have huge time advantages.
    I try and look for spots to bet live. Usually when I like the fave and they are behind you'll get a better price live than pregame obviously.

I made a live bet on a -500 moneyline with the Saints when they were up by 10 in the 2nd half. I try not to lay that much but it really looked like there was no way Tampa was coming back after the pick 6.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    I try and look for spots to bet live. Usually when I like the fave and they are behind you'll get a better price live than pregame obviously.

I made a live bet on a -500 moneyline with the Saints when they were up by 10 in the 2nd half. I try not to lay that much but it really looked like there was no way Tampa was coming back after the pick 6.
    i agree. i use live betting when a fave goes down 3 goals fast or 3 runs fast and i hope the better team then comes back. nice to get a good hockey team +3.5 goals especially cause they will usually make a push to come back.

basketball i am not as lucky with. things do happen fast and seems wagerweb is always changing the spreads on me after i bet. i hardly time it well.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153456

keep it simple, always wait until commercials to bet live

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

always been behind

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The signal is delayed by 15-20 seconds. So what you see on TV actually happens 15-20 seconds earlier.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I was at a bar once next to an open air stadium and we could hear the goals scored in a soccer game from when the fans screamed but on the TV the goal hasn't been scored yet.

sackdud
    sackdud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

espn.com on my computer actually has the plays 20 seconds ahead of the tv

bizarre

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

How are the books so much faster, they watch without a delay?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Yes it sucks football though might be 40 seconds between snaps. When I lived in Georgia had a very fast feed like the books not anywhere else though.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

There was a tennis site I had, I believe it was a Russian feed, only "live" feed I could find that was likely what the books used because they have to be ahead of most, by seconds in tennis usually.

JJ told me of how in Florida, australia too, they had people there working watching people with phones places wagers, believe it or not.