DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8452

The numbers are in for Sunday Night Football

The numbers are in, and it's an unmitigated disaster for the Woke BLM-NFL millionaires!

NBC’s Sunday Night Football Ratings Crash Nearly 30% for Woke Opening Weekend

The Sunday Night Football clash between the Rams and the Cowboys was supposed to halt the ratings crash the NFL has experienced so far in the 2020 season.

Spoiler alert, it most certainly did not halt the ratings crash.

According to DEADLINE Hollywood, ratings for NBC’s only weekly NFL game, were down a shocking 28%.
    Putting on the two teams with big national followings, SNF snared a 4.7 in early ratings among adults 18-49 and 14.81 million viewers last night.

In numbers certain to change, that’s a fall of 28% in the ratings and a hard decline of 23% in sets of eyeballs from what the September 8, 2019 official start of SNF snagged in the early numbers of its opening game of last season. While the early Nielsen data lacks West Coast numbers, which is kind of important when you have a team from the mega-market of LA playing, this result is going to be hard pill for the NFL and NBC to swallow.

These results are disastrous for the NFL. Not just because the numbers themselves are bad, but because of the teams that played on Sunday Night Football. The Dallas Cowboys have possible the largest national fan following in the country, and the Los Angeles Rams play in the second largest media market in the country. In addition, both teams have star talent and are very competitive with playoff aspirations for this season. By all measures, the game should have performed extremely well in the ratings.

DEADLINE continues:

To add some further context, the 33-3 pummeling of the Pittsburgh Steelers by then reigning Super Bowl champs the New England Patriots last year went on to pull in an audience of 22.2 million on NBC, which was pretty much even with SNF’s 2018 season premiere. That 2019 figure inched up to 22.7 million when digital platform viewing was added in.

Also, at this point, last night’s SNF is down nearly 10% in the key demo from the early results of the the Kansas City Chiefs near blowout season opener win over the Houston Texans on September 10 this year. That primetime game at Arrowhead Stadium did have a scattering of fans (just over 17,000 in a venue built for more than 76,000) and a strong and blunt social justice and anti-racism message from the league and players – which was booed by said fans. In what may be indicative of where the NFL is already drifting, last night’s SNF was much more subdued in its stance over such issues and saw only a few players take a knee during the national anthem.

Every NFL game saw a protest of some sort, during the anthem and/or pregame ceremonies. The league’s social justice movement is no doubt responsible for the plummeting numbers which had largely leveled off and actually begun to show improvement last season. It’s also important to note that NBC didn’t even show the full display of social justice demonstrations from the Rams and Cowboys. ESPN, who is slated to televise two Monday Night Football games this evening, has said they will show social justice demonstrations. Meaning, the numbers for those games could potentially be even worse for ESPN.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Sports isnt priority anymore
    Points Awarded:

dxp gave nyplayer33 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I don't understand what the big deal is, just start watching a half hour after kickoff time and skip the bullsht

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I couldn't give a shit what the ratings are, or whatever narrative these stories are trying to push

I'm thrilled the nfl is back and watch every minute of it

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Good

fukk them

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Having a garbage game start at 10:30 tonight should help

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I couldn't give a shit what the ratings are, or whatever narrative these stories are trying to push

I'm thrilled the nfl is back and watch every minute of it
    your watching it but we all know you have no $$ on it, broke dikk scumbag

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Having a garbage game start at 10:30 tonight should help
    hahahahaha

while i enjoy football, i am not a super fan of the night games on any night. i will watch but there are more options and such, on tv and off. for me, redzone is my thing. i can't just sit and watch a game straight anymore. red zone spoils me.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I said many times black social issues bad business any industry
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave jjgold 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    hahahahaha

while i enjoy football, i am not a super fan of the night games on any night. i will watch but there are more options and such, on tv and off. for me, redzone is my thing. i can't just sit and watch a game straight anymore. red zone spoils me.
    Yeah red zone is awesome for sure. All the good action without the bs.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    Vern got out the “pump” last night Posted in his Brady is finished thread that he was “air betting” Dallas -6’ +$1.95

dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    right to the point and dead on. while so many people couldn't wait for sports to get going, that was to be expected with die hard fans. but there are TONS of people out there that are struggling or can't even pay their bills.. let alone worry about cable and sports. fortunately, nothing changed in my life due to covid, but i've barely been watching any games. it's not the same right now.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    kinda the way I feel as well. Ya it was nice to see it back yesterday but it didn't have the same feel as before. With all the uncertainty of even having a season at all and then having one, I would have though I would have been extra super excited on Sunday. Heck, in years past, it was hard sleeping the night before week 1 Sunday. Not this time.

It really does amaze me how out of touch these multimillionaire players, the owners and the League is. They know they are dividing their fans heading into the season with all this BLM nonsense. They heard the backlash. They saw the decline a couple seasons ago. But they went through with it anyways.

All we heard the last week and all day Sunday was all these huge contracts they are getting. Mahomes and Watson getting almost one billion yaddy yaddy yadda. And then you get this great guy saying something this ...

How can he be so naive? No one is against their message. We just don't want to see it and hear about it during the games.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

The 20 minutes of repeated player protests, helmet sticker zooms, and commentary from millionaires telling everyone else what white privilege is, well turned off their fan base. Only people watching are fantasy and the bettors. Others are the hardcore fan-boys, wearing their jerseys

stevek173

Nothing will ever be the same.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Yep fk these guys. Didnt watch one game yesterday when Ive watched every game my whole life in the past. I knows there's others like me. I hope the ratings are so bad I hope they all have to take a pay cut.

Thanks for posting I was looking for this Info earlier.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    kinda the way I feel as well. Ya it was nice to see it back yesterday but it didn't have the same feel as before. With all the uncertainty of even having a season at all and then having one, I would have though I would have been extra super excited on Sunday. Heck, in years past, it was hard sleeping the night before week 1 Sunday. Not this time.

It really does amaze me how out of touch these multimillionaire players, the owners and the League is. They know they are dividing their fans heading into the season with all this BLM nonsense. They heard the backlash. They saw the decline a couple seasons ago. But they went through with it anyways.

All we heard the last week and all day Sunday was all these huge contracts they are getting. Mahomes and Watson getting almost one billion yaddy yaddy yadda. And then you get this great guy saying something this ...

How can he be so naive? No one is against their message. We just don't want to see it and hear about it during the games.

for sure

can't they just do their protests at home behind their locked doors, with the curtains closed and lights turned out? maybe in a closet? Preferably late late at night, when i'm asleep

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

30% unemployment rate under Trump during pandemic = 30% less people can afford cable

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Nothing will ever be the same.
    Probably.

I miss the Dan Marino, Jim Kelley, John Elway, Lawrence Taylor days.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I'm glad to see the NBA and NFL getting punished with their ratings for making BLM a main front to their sport.. It's non stop pumped into your brain while watching sports now and I don't like it. We got the message already now I just wanna see the sport be played..

BLM is a hoax, cops don't target blacks.. 99% of cops are good cops also. This movement is fake news and a load of crap!! Wrongful death cop killings don't happen very often in America and when they do it happens to all races and not just blacks..

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

the average person on the street today, to not care about pro sports, i heard it so many times, they think the money these players are getting is crazy, i know it no fans today, but when fans can go to see the games, think how much money for the average fan spend to see 1 damn game.Plus they are sick of the blm stuff, we see these thugs tearing up our american cities on a daily thing, we dont want to see this crap in our sports period....

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    for sure

can't they just do their protests at home behind their locked doors, with the curtains closed and lights turned out? maybe in a closet? Preferably late late at night, when i'm asleep
    I sense some sarcasm there.

Maybe decades ago where there wasn't any social media and only a few channels on TV I would be open to perhaps modify my thinking on the subject of protesting at work. But today, there are tons ways to get your message out. Especially if you are an athlete. No reason to do it on game day. I mean, have you not heard about BLM until you watched an NFL game?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Could it also be that many people are watching the games on streams since Dish services and Cable prices are ridiculously high?

I mean, I do and I know a lot of other people that do as well.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Overload of BLM makes people sick. Not that they don't care, it but it's like a commercial that plays every hour for months.
    What ever the message you couldn't give a fuk....you just hate it!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The people who are cheering about the lower ratings in this thread all watched the game last night on TV. You can't make this up.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

I think the NFL/Sports is setting a bad precedent by ‘Saying Their Names’. Yes, the police shootings are tragic - but George Floyd? Jacob Blake? They’re still career criminals with histories of domestic abuse, sexual assaults, robberies, etc. - - not exactly role models for the youths watching the games.....

Kermit

There are protests and rioting right now in Lancaster over a man who attacked a cop with a knife when the cop responded to a domestic Disturbance call, and it's all on his body cam video.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/14/police...-pennsylvania/

https://lancasteronline.com/news/loc...363aa941f.html

Justified shooting all on video and the mob still doesn't care. All they want to do is riot now every time the cops try and do their jobs.

There was also a incident in Detroit a few months ago where people violently protested over a criminal shooting at a cop point blank at the cop's head and another cop shooting and killing him.
    Last edited by Kermit; 09-14-20 at 12:11 PM.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

think how many boos the players would be getting, if fans was allow back in

Kermit

People aren't stupid. They know that the crime is the problem and not the police.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I don't understand what the big deal is, just start watching a half hour after kickoff time and skip the bullsht
    This.

Almost every sport I watch now I DVR and start watching an hour or two later.

Fast-forward through all the pregame nonsense and commercials.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm numb to all the BLM commercials and constant BLM woke commentary now to be honest in all sports.. I just tune it all out every chance I can, I turn the channel during it or mute the volume and or fast forward the BLM commercials with the DVR. Get up take a leak during it, etc. If they kneel I turn the channel also.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-14-20 at 12:06 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

How much more content is there YoY? 1000% maybe more? Couple that with the different ways to consume content. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Neilsen company disappears in the next 10 years. Ma and Pa aren't gathering around the old cathode ray tube anymore.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    I think the NFL/Sports is setting a bad precedent by ‘Saying Their Names’. Yes, the police shootings are tragic - but George Floyd? Jacob Blake? They’re still career criminals with histories of domestic abuse, sexual assaults, robberies, etc. - - not exactly role models for the youths watching the games.....
    They were also both high on drugs at the times of their deaths and resisting... Don't forget to mention that.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    LOL

Want to bet on that asshole?

Didn't think so

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10