johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1412

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Do they still take action from you guys?

Can you make a bet at 5D right now for a game that settles today?

Or did they suspend activity as well?
    I think they said u can play until sept 21
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave johnnyvegas13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15601

Do they still take action from you guys?

Can you make a bet at 5D right now for a game that settles today?

Or did they suspend activity as well?
    I can place a wager.

soobv
    Update your status
    soobv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 904

Has anyone had refunds processed today? It's been over 24 hours and still nothing yet

Starion
    Starion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 414

Who owns 5dimes now that "Tony" is history? When I read about the details of his demise it immediately set off alarm bells when it referenced American LE involved in the case. Somehow I don't see his family continuing on business as usual. Any "loyalty" to american customers I would consider to be out the window.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    where is jjgold to tell us how great offshore is?

i've never had a problem or stress collecting on bets at mgm or collecting a 10k future at wynn... and never had them midstream tell me that the best i could get on a bet with big value is my money back
    Mr. Gold may be taking another long vacation away from SBR
    Let's keep an eye on his whereabouts, probably packing for Vegas right now.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

It's 100% obvious what is going on here now. Don't worry about getting paid. 5dimes Has to pay everyone to meet their future goal. It's all good. Inconvenience yes but, now understandable. Sleep well tonight, gamblers.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by soobv View Post
    Has anyone had refunds processed today? It's been over 24 hours and still nothing yet
    I just got an email response saying they will b refunded ASAP

like how long is that ???

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2182

Quote Originally Posted by Starion View Post
    Who owns 5dimes now that "Tony" is history? When I read about the details of his demise it immediately set off alarm bells when it referenced American LE involved in the case. Somehow I don't see his family continuing on business as usual. Any "loyalty" to american customers I would consider to be out the window.
    i always thought Tony was the “manager” of 5dimes, yes he founded it,but 5Dimes was owned by the investors, whom I would consider himself and others not wanting to be named. His wife was the one that hired the American investigators. The only “loyalty” Tony had to American customers was that’s where the money was. My guess is this move is to become bigger and better legally, or a complete sellout of the brand. No more Amazon gift cards, office equipment and gold bullion.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Ive never heard a book saying to improve they must leave the country and come back. what kind of bullshit is that really?

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    Ive never heard a book saying to improve they must leave the country and come back. what kind of bullshit is that really?
    U would think they woulda made this move during the long layover

not right before week 1

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16709

Yesterday when 5D announced leaving, they willingly transferred balance and outstanding bets to "sister book" Betanysports. Today they won't....WTF? Worse, a 3% fee will now be imposed for me to get my funds. Total BS, especially for a supposed A+ Book.

I remember when Pinnacle left the US market. It was orderly and consistent. Plus everyone got their money w/o being gouged. 5 Dimes giving a final FY to loyal clients.

Hap
    Hap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1628

Looks like they are free-rolling now. After I asked to have my pending bets cancelled and refunded, they graded as a loss my bet that Kamela would be president. I agree that it's very likely a loser, but it's not 100% decided.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Looks like they are free-rolling now. After I asked to have my pending bets cancelled and refunded, they graded as a loss my bet that Kamela would be president. I agree that it's very likely a loser, but it's not 100% decided.
    Cmon man

anyway for real futures yes we r all waiting ...

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

I will gladly pay the 3% to ensure this nightmare ends without it getting worse and saving the funds now.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Hank the US Treasury Dept can control the flow of funds around the world.
    They pinched once, years ago, and hurt everyone. Then there was the Patriot Act.

The US let's them operate, period. Never forget that.

That's the truth.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    They aren’t coming back , if they were and had a legal plan to return there wouldn’t be the questions being raised. It would have all been worked out in advance and wouldn’t have been rushed like this. Also wouldn’t sbr be aware of something as important to offshore if they were going to operate legally in the states, you would think so anyway

The General

5dimes could be miscalculating here for sure but the plan is to legitimatize and come back a betcris. I don't see it working, but to have a chance, 5dimes has to pay everyone of you.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    I can place a wager.
    Me too. But I am done. Just want my money and "winning futures" paid

capitalist pig

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    5dimes could be miscalculating here for sure but the plan is to legitimatize and come back a betcris. I don't see it working, but to have a chance, 5dimes has to pay everyone of you.
    So basically what your saying is the US government said be good-legal for a year, pay who you owe in the US quickly and we will let you possibly operate in the states. I really don’t see the government making a deal like that but what do I know. If this is the case then it would be smart to assume Heritage Bookmaker Betonline etc will be next to leave the US market so they can come back legally

The General

I don't believe there is a deal. I think 5dimes is solvent enough to take this risk. And, IMO, it will not work. But, to have any chance at all in an American legal market, they have to pay everyone currently. I believe they will do that because it's imperative that they do.
    Points Awarded:

capitalist pig gave The General 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

capitalist pig

That would be one heck of a risk to take if it wasn’t all pre arranged. I’m glad I just have $ at Heritage and don’t have to deal with this mess this time, but all of our offshore time may be running out if your theory is correct

The General

Black market sports betting is done in America. Why would a bettor partake in an illegal market when a regulated market is available and the perks are getting better and better with competition.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

What happened when the Greek left / Pinnacle left with their futures? How did they handle it?

There has to be a rest of the story here. They are handling it like they had a bad weekend and came in to the coffee room and said let's cash in and go.

Smells more like a DOJ ultimatum / "close up or we will prosecute". Tony's wife must be in a $Crowbar Hotel in some country that has extradition to the USA and this close it up story was invented by an 8th grader in his English writing class.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

[QUOTE=capitalist pig;29691454]That would be one heck of a risk to take if it wasn’t all pre arranged. I’m glad I just have $ at Heritage and don’t have to deal with this mess this time,

but all of our offshore time may be running out if your theory is correct[/QUOTE]
    I'm gettin that impression.

The General

Of course the American Dept of Justice knows all about this. Don't be naive.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    What happened when the Greek left / Pinnacle left with their futures? How did they handle it?

There has to be a rest of the story here. They are handling it like they had a bad weekend and came in to the coffee room and said let's cash in and go.

Smells more like a DOJ ultimatum / "close up or we will prosecute". Tony's wife must be in a $Crowbar Hotel in some country that has extradition to the USA and this close it up story was invented by an 8th grader in his English writing class.
    Good question about Greek everyone says that went smooth so futures prob settled right away

The General

Last I heard about 300 miles done. I dunno I'm not there.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Black market sports betting is done in America. Why would a bettor partake in an illegal market when a regulated market is available and the perks are getting better and better with competition.
    Until it's available every state and online, there will be a big market for Offshores.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 15805

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    Until it's available every state and online, there will be a big market for Offshores.
    Maybe it will b legal in every state soon enough

The General

Of course but within 2 yrs 40 states will be legal. Plan ahead and don't fall victim.

The General

Offshore black market sports betting is done in America. Hold on if you want and cuddle your dreams. Your choice. It's done and over...

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post

I think Greek/Betjamaica just transferred everything lock, stock, and barrel, including outstanding futures, to Heritage. Was smooth as could be. Pinnacle allowed their futures to stand until settled, and paid out when they were, even though they weren't serving the US anymore. I had a Political bet settled and paid out months after they left the US.
    There is definitely a date deadline that is being imposed on 5D, either self imposed or by someone externally. This is not being handled nearly as well as Pinny/Greek exiting the US.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    I think Greek/Betjamaica just transferred everything lock, stock, and barrel, including outstanding futures, to Heritage. Was smooth as could be. Pinnacle allowed their futures to stand until settled, and paid out when they were, even though they weren't serving the US anymore. I had a Political bet settled and paid out months after they left the US.
    There is definitely a date deadline that is being imposed on 5D, either self imposed or by someone externally. This is not being handled nearly as well as Pinny/Greek exiting the US.
    thx for info

I am not sure they r under an external deadline

says in the fine print account won’t b considered abandoned till sept 2021

I think they r doing this of the own accord

capitalist pig

If I remember right when Greek and Bet Jam transitioned to Heritage, we just woke up one morning and our funds and account info were in Heritage. There was no discussion , or any choices it was already done. Heritage then gave you the option to stay or cash out, I remember cashing out half with no issues that day via **. Been there ever since
    Last edited by capitalist pig; 09-08-20 at 07:36 PM.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15224

When they come back will I still have a $20 max bet?

First ... 13141516171819 ... Last