1. #561
    hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-20
    Posts: 109
    Betpoints: 2311

    Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Looks like they are free-rolling now. After I asked to have my pending bets cancelled and refunded, they graded as a loss my bet that Kamela would be president. I agree that it's very likely a loser, but it's not 100% decided.
    This both sucks and makes me feel a little better about my decision to have all my futures transferred to BAS. I had a few thousand on some presidential candidates (who are not Trump/Biden), and I was doubtful that they would refund those even if technically they should wait for the election to be decided.

    Basically, if they would have refunded those, then it would have been better for me to get everything refunded. If they didn't refund those election bets, it would be better for me to keep everything and get them transferred.

    I expected them to screw people so it looks like I made the right call in the transfer.

  2. #562
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 22,781
    Betpoints: 523

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    If I remember right when Greek and Bet Jam transitioned to Heritage, we just woke up one morning and our funds and account info were in Heritage. There was no discussion , or any choices it was already done. Heritage then gave you the option to stay or cash out, I remember cashing out half with no issues that day via **. Been there ever since
    would of been nice if that happened here

  3. #563
    RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-27-16
    Posts: 8,006
    Betpoints: 2478

    Well, now I'm I the waiting period for the Bitcoin to clear. They said 3-4 days.

    I think I might get totally out of offshore. At one point I had 4, now I'm down to one and I think it would be better to get out of their markets. Not sure what I want to do but this does not look good for offshore..

    I might be out of sports betting until this settles.

  4. #564
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 44,786
    Betpoints: 5793

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    That's the truth.
    Bullshit, they have ZERO control over Bitcoin

  5. #565
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 79,816
    Betpoints: 3986

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Bullshit, they have ZERO control over Bitcoin
    Bitcoin trades because they let it, make no mistake.

    Most users, probably including you, attached some kind of ACH banking system info to your bitcoin, as you couldn't trade without that "verification" taking away the truly anonymous aspect of BTC.

  6. #566
    Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-16-13
    Posts: 2,767
    Betpoints: 1368

    Do you guys recommend staying with them as an EU customer?

  7. #567
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 22,781
    Betpoints: 523

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    Do you guys recommend staying with them as an EU customer?
    I dunno what they r doing w futures an US customers is not very nice

  8. #568
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 44,786
    Betpoints: 5793

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Bitcoin trades because they let it, make no mistake.

    Most users, probably including you, attached some kind of ACH banking system info to your bitcoin, as you couldn't trade without that "verification" taking away the truly anonymous aspect of BTC.
    So they allow north korea and Iran and anyone else who wants to evade detection do it?

    No sir

  9. #569
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 79,816
    Betpoints: 3986

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    So they allow north korea and Iran and anyone else who wants to evade detection do it?

    No sir
    I don't think you understand quite what we're saying here.

    It's cool.

  10. #570
    stake1
    stake1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-18
    Posts: 16,090
    Betpoints: 85

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I don't think you understand quite what we're saying here.

    It's cool.
    Waste of time trying to “teach” him. He’s very low IQ

  11. #571
    Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-08-08
    Posts: 2,391
    Betpoints: 5205

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    I think Greek/Betjamaica just transferred everything lock, stock, and barrel, including outstanding futures, to Heritage. Was smooth as could be. Pinnacle allowed their futures to stand until settled, and paid out when they were, even though they weren't serving the US anymore. I had a Political bet settled and paid out months after they left the US.
    There is definitely a date deadline that is being imposed on 5D, either self imposed or by someone externally. This is not being handled nearly as well as Pinny/Greek exiting the US.


    Funds got flipped from Bet Jamaica to Heritage. You could stay and enjoy their "perks" or Heritage wrote you a check.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/15/2022


  12. #572
    stake1
    stake1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-18
    Posts: 16,090
    Betpoints: 85

    Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Offshore black market sports betting is done in America. Hold on if you want and cuddle your dreams. Your choice. It's done and over...
    Maybe if you post this very same thing another dozen times? You may gather support for your cause

  13. #573
    Starion
    Starion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-07
    Posts: 149
    Betpoints: 414

    As I recall, to enforce the offshore ban last time they went after the processing side of the business to shut it down. Ultimately, if you can't get your money back to spend it, gambling is pointless. Targeting processors and jailing the owners when they set foot on american soil for just changing flights proved very effective.

    This is where I think BTC is vulnerable. All they'd have to do is ban conversions from usd to btc and it would be game over.

  14. #574
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 79,816
    Betpoints: 3986

    Exactly. The power is in the US Treasury.

    That's how they can enforce sanctions as well.

    On another note, I wonder if BAS has 5D's risk managment files.

  15. #575
    BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-15
    Posts: 2,592
    Betpoints: 12276

    This is a massive number of players to get paid. What do you think? 10k players / maybe 25K??? 10 k players x 1k average comes to ten million to move with btc. Just makes no sense the way that they have handled futures and open parlays, etc. Like, whoever is in charge now does not know much about the sportsbook business.

    In a way, I can see it. Ownership can pay everybody 50 million to get out and walk with 50 million it might be worth it. What if it is something like the linesmakers walking out? Thought they were deserving of a raise and did not get it. An incompetent linesmaking team could get tagged for big numbers pretty quick and cost the ownership a bundle.

    Has agents and credit players got anything to do with it? Never heard of that here but wasn't that a big problem for Pinnacle?

  16. #576
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 2,892
    Betpoints: 6801

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    This is a massive number of players to get paid. What do you think? 10k players / maybe 25K??? 10 k players x 1k average comes to ten million to move with btc. Just makes no sense the way that they have handled futures and open parlays, etc. Like, whoever is in charge now does not know much about the sportsbook business.

    In a way, I can see it. Ownership can pay everybody 50 million to get out and walk with 50 million it might be worth it. What if it is something like the linesmakers walking out? Thought they were deserving of a raise and did not get it. An incompetent linesmaking team could get tagged for big numbers pretty quick and cost the ownership a bundle.

    Has agents and credit players got anything to do with it? Never heard of that here but wasn't that a big problem for Pinnacle?
    These are some wacky ideas - they aren't closing for good, just pulling out of the US. I find it hard to believe that "whoever is in charge now does not know much about the sportsbook business".

    The obvious answer is probably the correct one. They are pulling out for legal reasons. Either they want to try to clean the slate so that they can re-enter the market legally, or they are feeling heat from the feds and need to walk away. Maybe a little of both.

  17. #577
    turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-13-06
    Posts: 816
    Betpoints: 11837

    Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Offshore black market sports betting is done in America. Hold on if you want and cuddle your dreams. Your choice. It's done and over...
    You made your point, enough already.

  18. #578
    Venom OG
    Venom OG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-17-11
    Posts: 89
    Betpoints: 358

    The timing of this announcement, the way 5Dimes is handling futures, and their recent behavior tells the real story IMO.

    They picked September 25 as the last day to withdraw funds -- literally two days before all winning MLB win total futures would have been graded, and no more than a week before NBA Finals futures would have been settled. This way they don't have to pay out any winning bets but they can collect on losers. All the potential winning futures surely amount to no small sum that they are basically going to be able to get away with.

    On top of that, they make the announcement at a time when tons of people are depositing to place NFL bets and futures, and forcing them to complete a 1x rollover. If you were a book and you wanted to pick a set of dates to maximize the amount of money you could steal, without outright confiscating customer accounts, you could hardly pick better ones than making the announcement September 7 and ending transactions with U.S. customers on September 25.

    The fact that this happened right after a period where no one was betting for over four months is no coincidence IMO. Like a lot of businesses, 5Dimes likely was operating very close to the margins, i.e. they had a lot of debt that they would have been able to pay back on time except in the case of a huge crisis. Then when the crisis hits, they hit insolvency.

    The fact that they have been showing a pop-up of casino gaming options after every log-in for the last month or so, has been an annoyance that seemed a fishy to me from the start, and for me it's another piece of the puzzle. It seemed out of character for them, and reeked of them being desperate for money. I have seen several businesses that I've patronized for years go out of business and right before they did, they invariably started to do things out of character for them, things that reeked of desperation.

    As for the argument that leaving the U.S. market in order to come back at a later date makes any kind of sense -- it doesn't at all. There is no deal with the DOJ. The DOJ can't touch 5Dimes, if they could they would have done so long ago. I've seen some people say that the climate changed when legal competition came into the fold. Full Tilt Poker got busted by the DOJ at a time when there was no legal competition at all, and there was no deal made either. Nothing changed legally that would have affected 5Dimes' operations -- at all.

    To me, all this adds up to the fact that by far the most likely scenario is that 5Dimes is going out of business and they came up with some story that they thought of when they were high or something, in order to reduce panic. If they had any plans on coming back to the U.S. market, this is not the way they would be handling this, because in the end what they are doing amounts to thievery, and no one is ever going to trust them again.

    I've personally used 5Dimes as my primary book for the past nine years, and I know there are people here who've been with them much longer. Yesterday was a sad day for sure, as 5Dimes was a super solid book IMO, even if customer service when it came to getting paid was not always the best. Like everyone else, I am crossing my fingers that all of our accounts are settled in a somewhat fair manner, and that we can move on to another book and keep it pushing. Best of luck to everyone in that regard.
    Points Awarded:

    pologq gave Venom OG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 9 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1, Nittany Lion, Huego, Barrakuda, Microphone, pologq, JohnGalt2341, JAKEPEAVY21, and Stryder

  19. #579
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 9,570
    Betpoints: 12530

    Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post
    This both sucks and makes me feel a little better about my decision to have all my futures transferred to BAS. I had a few thousand on some presidential candidates (who are not Trump/Biden), and I was doubtful that they would refund those even if technically they should wait for the election to be decided.

    Basically, if they would have refunded those, then it would have been better for me to get everything refunded. If they didn't refund those election bets, it would be better for me to keep everything and get them transferred.

    I expected them to screw people so it looks like I made the right call in the transfer.
    how is BAS, same limits same lines as 5dimes?

  20. #580
    BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-15
    Posts: 2,592
    Betpoints: 12276

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    These are some wacky ideas - they aren't closing for good, just pulling out of the US. I find it hard to believe that "whoever is in charge now does not know much about the sportsbook business".

    The obvious answer is probably the correct one. They are pulling out for legal reasons. Either they want to try to clean the slate so that they can re-enter the market legally, or they are feeling heat from the feds and need to walk away. Maybe a little of both.

    I find it really hard to believe any operator that knows anything about futures bets would have bungled it this badly. Also, I have rarely believed much of what an offshore cs rep says because they may not know the truth and are coached on what to say. I agree with you about the legal reasons as most likely.

    Just about everybody can just walk away from a job. A little harder to close a business like this. If it is for legal reasons, and has to be done in two weeks then each futures bet should have been rerated and paid out at the yes/no prices now available. For example: to refund a futures bet yesterday on the Milwaukee Bucks was stupid as it had a value of maybe 2 bucks for every 100. Open legs just get closed out with no action on that leg and the bet gets paid on the action so far. If Joe Biden was bet at +120 and it is even money now the player gets his bet of 100 back and an extra 10. Somebody on Trump gets 85 or so. The player can then go make his bet somewhere else at current prices and does not get hurt and the book does not make money or lose money on that bet.

    I should have said, Like, whoever is in charge now either does not know much about the sportsbook business or does not care if the futures players are treated fairly and just cares about closing the door as fast as possible! For all we know half of the work force is gone already.

    Guess, it is all speculation / hope you are right and they stay in business.
    Points Awarded:

    JohnGalt2341 gave BuckyOne 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  21. #581
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 75,300
    Betpoints: 5135

    We're all getting stiffed.. I'm convinced. No way 5dimes can take care of every American withdraw now, it's a massive drain on their account and finances..

    I'm prepared for the stiff.. I got good money in the book right now also.. The money funnel going out for 5dimes must be massive right now.. What is in it for them to continue this payout process to Americans now that they will no longer do business with them?

    This book might completely fold.. Players outside of America might be screwed as well.. This book is done think.. Out of business soon.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/12/2022


  22. #582
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 721
    Betpoints: 1534

    So I have pending bets on the Miami Heat to win the East at +1250 and +1150. 180 to pay over 2k..

    Is 5Dimes saying, that they are going to refund these wagers if they aren't settled before their deadline for payouts?

    At the same time, I had the Brooklyn Nets to win the East that were just settled as losses within the past few days. All of my NBA futures besides the Heat ones were graded as losses. So they are planning to freeroll???

  23. #583
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 9,570
    Betpoints: 12530

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    We're all getting stiffed.. I'm convinced. No way 5dimes can take care of every American withdraw now, it's a massive drain on their account and finances..

    I'm prepared for the stiff.. I got good money in the book right now also.. The money funnel going out for 5dimes must be massive right now.. What is in it for them to continue this payout process to Americans now that they will no longer do business with them?

    This book might completely fold.. Players outside of America might be screwed as well.. This book is done think.. Out of business soon.
    idts they took the money out of my acct processing thurs for wire, if they were going to stiff us theyd just close down shop no warning..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

  24. #584
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 721
    Betpoints: 1534

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom OG View Post
    The timing of this announcement, the way 5Dimes is handling futures, and their recent behavior tells the real story IMO.

    They picked September 25 as the last day to withdraw funds -- literally two days before all winning MLB win total futures would have been graded, and no more than a week before NBA Finals futures would have been settled. This way they don't have to pay out any winning bets but they can collect on losers. All the potential winning futures surely amount to no small sum that they are basically going to be able to get away with.

    On top of that, they make the announcement at a time when tons of people are depositing to place NFL bets and futures, and forcing them to complete a 1x rollover. If you were a book and you wanted to pick a set of dates to maximize the amount of money you could steal, without outright confiscating customer accounts, you could hardly pick better ones than making the announcement September 7 and ending transactions with U.S. customers on September 25.

    The fact that this happened right after a period where no one was betting for over four months is no coincidence IMO. Like a lot of businesses, 5Dimes likely was operating very close to the margins, i.e. they had a lot of debt that they would have been able to pay back on time except in the case of a huge crisis. Then when the crisis hits, they hit insolvency.

    The fact that they have been showing a pop-up of casino gaming options after every log-in for the last month or so, has been an annoyance that seemed a fishy to me from the start, and for me it's another piece of the puzzle. It seemed out of character for them, and reeked of them being desperate for money. I have seen several businesses that I've patronized for years go out of business and right before they did, they invariably started to do things out of character for them, things that reeked of desperation.

    As for the argument that leaving the U.S. market in order to come back at a later date makes any kind of sense -- it doesn't at all. There is no deal with the DOJ. The DOJ can't touch 5Dimes, if they could they would have done so long ago. I've seen some people say that the climate changed when legal competition came into the fold. Full Tilt Poker got busted by the DOJ at a time when there was no legal competition at all, and there was no deal made either. Nothing changed legally that would have affected 5Dimes' operations -- at all.

    To me, all this adds up to the fact that by far the most likely scenario is that 5Dimes is going out of business and they came up with some story that they thought of when they were high or something, in order to reduce panic. If they had any plans on coming back to the U.S. market, this is not the way they would be handling this, because in the end what they are doing amounts to thievery, and no one is ever going to trust them again.

    I've personally used 5Dimes as my primary book for the past nine years, and I know there are people here who've been with them much longer. Yesterday was a sad day for sure, as 5Dimes was a super solid book IMO, even if customer service when it came to getting paid was not always the best. Like everyone else, I am crossing my fingers that all of our accounts are settled in a somewhat fair manner, and that we can move on to another book and keep it pushing. Best of luck to everyone in that regard.
    Gotta agree with most if not all of this. Sadly I've been posting that the writing has been on the wall for 5Dimes for the last year or so. Not really surprised, but really hope they don't scam me on my Miami Heat Eastern Conference Futures by grading them as no action whilst collecting my money on all teams I bet that were eliminated (Nets for a bunch).

  25. #585
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 75,300
    Betpoints: 5135

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    idts they took the money out of my acct processing thurs for wire, if they were going to stiff us theyd just close down shop no warning..
    Let me know if you get the money and really get funded. Processing does not mean the money will hit your account.. Good thing is you got in early so maybe you'll be lucky. Still I just thought this entire deal over..

    How does a book fund every American cashing out all at once? That's crazy? Has this ever happened before with any book? I never seen it happen like this..

    5dimes is being sucked dry now if they honor this withdraw system with ALL American players.. That's all I know. That's just using simple common sense!!!!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/12/2022


  26. #586
    ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-30-10
    Posts: 25,248
    Betpoints: 3604

    i used 5dimes for a couple weeks once and that was it

    just didn't like it

    very happy about my decision now

  27. #587
    EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-01-11
    Posts: 557
    Betpoints: 750

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Let me know if you get the money and really get funded. Processing does not mean the money will hit your account.. Good thing is you got in early so maybe you'll be lucky. Still I just thought this entire deal over..

    How does a book fund every American cashing out all at once? That's crazy? Has this ever happened before with any book? I never seen it happen like this..

    5dimes is being sucked dry now if they honor this withdraw system with ALL American players.. That's all I know. That's just using simple common sense!!!!
    Pinnacle funded all American accounts almost 20 years ago. But it was not coming off of a money drain like the pandemic. Rationally I think they are screwing people on futures, but plan to pay out. If they don't they are finished. And if they thought they were finished they would just disappear without all this dialogue.

  28. #588
    EasyCover
    EasyCover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-01-11
    Posts: 557
    Betpoints: 750

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    i used 5dimes for a couple weeks once and that was it

    just didn't like it

    very happy about my decision now
    Very helpful.

  29. #589
    ksufan19
    ksufan19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-08-08
    Posts: 9
    Betpoints: 288

    The doom and gloom scenarios don't ring true if they are still staying open for non-US customers. Worldwide I imagine they will still have a sizeable customer/cash base.

  30. #590
    15805
    15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-12
    Posts: 3,520
    Betpoints: 15011

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    If I remember right when Greek and Bet Jam transitioned to Heritage, we just woke up one morning and our funds and account info were in Heritage. There was no discussion , or any choices it was already done. Heritage then gave you the option to stay or cash out, I remember cashing out half with no issues that day via **. Been there ever since
    I remember when ACES GOLD folded right after the Pats beat St Louis in the super bowl as a 14 pt underdog & I
    got none of my 32 thousand I still had in AG. Now I have 6,000 in 5D now not as vulnerable! Maybe I'll
    got all the 6000 back, I think I might!

  31. #591
    nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-06
    Posts: 8,308
    Betpoints: 12

    Is the poker room 5d has shared with other books ??

  32. #592
    Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-06
    Posts: 6,076
    Betpoints: 18301

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    idts they took the money out of my acct processing thurs for wire, if they were going to stiff us theyd just close down shop no warning..
    Yep, at least they are being upfront about it. My account with Carib just "magically" closed in June - No email, no notice on the site, the book just took the funds and left. Brutal!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/19/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/15/2022


  33. #593
    Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-18
    Posts: 745
    Betpoints: 7083

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom OG View Post
    The timing of this announcement, the way 5Dimes is handling futures, and their recent behavior tells the real story IMO.

    They picked September 25 as the last day to withdraw funds -- literally two days before all winning MLB win total futures would have been graded, and no more than a week before NBA Finals futures would have been settled. This way they don't have to pay out any winning bets but they can collect on losers. All the potential winning futures surely amount to no small sum that they are basically going to be able to get away with.

    On top of that, they make the announcement at a time when tons of people are depositing to place NFL bets and futures, and forcing them to complete a 1x rollover. If you were a book and you wanted to pick a set of dates to maximize the amount of money you could steal, without outright confiscating customer accounts, you could hardly pick better ones than making the announcement September 7 and ending transactions with U.S. customers on September 25.

    The fact that this happened right after a period where no one was betting for over four months is no coincidence IMO. Like a lot of businesses, 5Dimes likely was operating very close to the margins, i.e. they had a lot of debt that they would have been able to pay back on time except in the case of a huge crisis. Then when the crisis hits, they hit insolvency.

    The fact that they have been showing a pop-up of casino gaming options after every log-in for the last month or so, has been an annoyance that seemed a fishy to me from the start, and for me it's another piece of the puzzle. It seemed out of character for them, and reeked of them being desperate for money. I have seen several businesses that I've patronized for years go out of business and right before they did, they invariably started to do things out of character for them, things that reeked of desperation.

    As for the argument that leaving the U.S. market in order to come back at a later date makes any kind of sense -- it doesn't at all. There is no deal with the DOJ. The DOJ can't touch 5Dimes, if they could they would have done so long ago. I've seen some people say that the climate changed when legal competition came into the fold. Full Tilt Poker got busted by the DOJ at a time when there was no legal competition at all, and there was no deal made either. Nothing changed legally that would have affected 5Dimes' operations -- at all.

    To me, all this adds up to the fact that by far the most likely scenario is that 5Dimes is going out of business and they came up with some story that they thought of when they were high or something, in order to reduce panic. If they had any plans on coming back to the U.S. market, this is not the way they would be handling this, because in the end what they are doing amounts to thievery, and no one is ever going to trust them again.

    I've personally used 5Dimes as my primary book for the past nine years, and I know there are people here who've been with them much longer. Yesterday was a sad day for sure, as 5Dimes was a super solid book IMO, even if customer service when it came to getting paid was not always the best. Like everyone else, I am crossing my fingers that all of our accounts are settled in a somewhat fair manner, and that we can move on to another book and keep it pushing. Best of luck to everyone in that regard.
    This is the sharpest post I have seen yet.

    I've been with 5D since 98 -- literally betting 300+ days a year there for 22 years. This is not going to end well.

  34. #594
    Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-18
    Posts: 745
    Betpoints: 7083

    Over/under on the date 5 Dimes gets removed from the top of the Posters' Poll (last updated c. 2014)?

  35. #595
    spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-17-15
    Posts: 1,105
    Betpoints: 7994

    So if they're insolvent and this was a last chance cash grab by them, why would they allow non-us residents to continue playing?

    Perhaps they assume the foreigners will stop playing too but the potential cash from the rollover of us residents is enough to make it worth it?
    Last edited by spro23; 09-09-20 at 04:58 AM.

First ... 14151617181920 ... Last
Top