cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Derwin James to have knee surgery, out 6-8 months

derwin james that is

tough break if u drafted him as ur fantasy db

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29782333/chargers-derwin-james-knee-surgery-6-8-months

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24875

I was looking at a heavy Chargers bet in week one but may pump the brakes a little bit now with Derwin James and likely Mike Williams being out for the game. I still think the Chargers defense is going to be sneaky good this year, but it sucks losing a star in the secondary.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47610

Derwin James is a stud but he is injured more than he is on the field.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Chargers have some solid talent on defense, but are thin. On offense, are you really going to trust Tyrod Taylor? There is no way I take the Chargers and give 3 or more points on the road.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The Chargers have some solid talent on defense, but are thin. On offense, are you really going to trust Tyrod Taylor? There is no way I take the Chargers and give 3 or more points on the road.
    I think Taylor will fare better than people think. He is not a world beater but a decent system QB that can limit turnovers and be a good game manager. The head coach is familiar with him from buffalo.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24875

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Yeah, I do trust Tyrod Taylor. The reason he's still in the league is because he is serviceable at the very least. The Chargers had issues on the offensive line and I expect that they'll be better up front this year, given health. Tyrod's mobility in the pocket is also an upgrade from Philip's ancient legs. Losing Mike Williams hurts though because Tyrod throws a pretty good deep ball.

Whom I don't trust is Joe Burrow in his first ever career NFL start after a compromised off season. Although I think he's the real deal, the Chargers have two good edge rushers and pair of decent corners. Chargers spent one of their first round picks on LB Kenneth Murray out of Oklahoma and I think he'll be a major boon to the defense as well.

Overall I think there are just more question marks with Cincy than with L.A. The fact that it's a road game doesn't bother me. It's a late afternoon start so the Chargers shouldn't be sleepy and they certainly won't be road weary considering it's their first game of the year. Plus you won't have a Bengal stadium filled to capacity. It'll probably be sparsely populated, so it'll look like a high school crowd which is what the Chargers played in front of last year, should feel just like home.

JAKEPEAVY21

The Chargers are a cursed franchise plain and simple...

The Spanos family deserves it...rot in hell for bailing San Diego

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22950

Thats what happens when you kneel

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

SD has no chance of winning 5 games this year now.

They needed EVERY guy on D to have a career year to be relevant and cover up offensive deficiencies.

Not gonna happen now.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    SD has no chance of winning 5 games this year now.

They needed EVERY guy on D to have a career year to be relevant and cover up offensive deficiencies.

Not gonna happen now.
    If only they had Cousins