fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16988

basketball is so soft now that a hard foul looks like racism.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10345

I get what you are saying but cc’mon man, what next, Donald Trump is like Forest Gump. Yeah they maybe both semi-retarded but you would be diminishing the struggles of Forest Gump.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by Black Coffee View Post
    They wouldn't based on skin color... Ask PG13 and Pat Beverly if they love Dame Dollar... Dame busts their a$$e$ repeatedly.. PG13 and Pat still talk major sh*t to him..

It's competitive basketball..

Luka is ballin and he's very young... Just like any young player that comes into the league and starts to play really, really well, you're going to get tested... Every young player with major potential goes through this.. MJ, Isiah, AI, Bird, Kobe, Bron, etc..

It's competitive basketball...

It's more like a rite of passage..

If Luka lets them get into his head, then they've won.. If he keeps busting their a$$, then he's the man...
    Overall there is way more friendships and love now between players than there is hate. Very few rivalries but nothing like it was back in the day from the old guys you mentioned. Pretty much after the 90s players from all different teams started becoming friends. Pre 2000's there were very few players that had friends on opposite teams, they had a lot more competitive nature

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Not even Larry Bird 1.0 still, he still has work to do to even get into the Larry legend conversation just yet..

Young white boy with confidence and skills though for sure.. Bright future.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-31-20 at 05:35 PM.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They were the #1 offense in NBA history and mostly because of him.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Can't say categorically they're racist and can't say they're not. Kevin Garnett was terribly racist towards white Europeans in his time. Some others in today's game treat white opponents harsher than they do their own. Racism exists on both sides in all domains.

At the very least it's a culture clash. In the European game sportsmanship is celebrated -what is sport without it? A bunch of animals trying to kill each other that's what. If a player falls to the floor you help him up regardless of him being on your team or not. You treat the refs with respect etc etc... In America you have gamesmanship. People turn a blind eye, so if you're a winner you're a winner and no one cares how you did it. Says a lot about the society as a whole imo.

IBetYou

Not talking "hard fouls" either. Dirty plays... a karate chop, jumping on someone's ankles. Morris should be targeted by refs the rest of his career.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Yet another dumb thread filled with dumb statements from dumb people... No surprise here...
    They're fukkin with Doncic b/c he's good and if he wants to be the man, he's going to get his toughness tested repeatedly.. That's basketball.. Many of you choose to forget the abuse great players like Jordan and Pippen took from the likes of Laimbeer, Mahorn and the Bad Boy Pistons.. Allen Iverson got abused every night he played...

Tell me the first restaurant that tells Doncic that they won't serve him, that he must pick his food up in the back b/c he can't eat inside like others, that he must ride in the back of the bus and also use the "white boy" water fountain and restroom..

You boys are really stupid if you compare Jackie and Doncic.. That's beyond dumb...

It's no wonder all you boys lose your a$$ betting sports..
    That's not a terrible point, but it's close. Also something I considered and quickly dismissed. It's that typical one level type of thinking that you and King Mayan are known for. I am not mad at you guys, just public school education in general... It's been a long time since Jordan or Iverson played and that's if I am going to give you Iverson....

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I thought when I signed up last year I'd find some cool folks... talk some bets, talk some sh*t (not real, just fun), have some fun, yadda yadda...

I literally couldn't have been more wrong... I was waaaaaaay off...

I see a slew of mad and ignorant people.. it's Sad.. this place had potential...
    Yet when you signed up you chose as a screen name "Black Coffee"

You didn't want to be racial at all, just signed up to talk bets and find some cool folks...sure you did. LOL

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10345

Coffee the irony is these guys at sbr, many are broke diks who never amounted to anything in their lives. Many of them quit school, were unable to make vertical career moves, lots of debt, substance and gambling problems, abandoned their children and the list goes on and on. The only thing they have in their life is the same thing that has kept low class Caucasian’s in America enslaved for centuries, the idea they are still superior in race, despite their individual failures.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Coffee the irony is these guys at sbr, many are broke diks who never amounted to anything in their lives. Many of them quit school, were unable to make vertical career moves, lots of debt, substance and gambling problems, abandoned their children and the list goes on and on. The only thing they have in their life is the same thing that has kept low class Caucasian’s in America enslaved for centuries, the idea they are still superior in race, despite their individual failures.
    Even if we were low class caucasians

We're still doing better than the likes of you and blahcoffee

Isn't that what you idiots are rioting and looting about? LOL

IBetYou

The irony is a vast chunk of the white protesters are screw ups. Criminals and people with shitty jobs. The BLM cause is to help black poor people to ascend so by definition it's going to make it harder for white poor people.

A redistribution of wealth is something that would be easier for the majority to rally behind - and we still do live in a democracy thankfully - not this race crap.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    The irony is a vast chunk of the white protesters are screw ups. Criminals and people with shitty jobs. The BLM cause is to help black poor people to ascend so by definition it's going to make it harder for white poor people. Not really

A redistribution of wealth is something that would be easier for the majority to rally behind - and we still do live in a democracy thankfully - not this race crap. That's because a majority of people wish they had more money. Giving them other peoples' money because they voted for it isn't really democracy, or at least not a good one.
    IBetYou are you in the UK or where? Just wondering, no malice intended.

IBetYou

UK

You don't think it's a problem that the top 1% in America have almost half the money? That's not sustainable.

dlowilly

UK

You don't think it's a problem that the top 1% in America have almost half the money? That's not sustainable.
    Sure it is

Capitalism isn't a zero sum game

Meaning capital is not a bowl of mashed potatoes on the dinner table with a limited amount of servings. Some guy being ultra rich doesn't keep you from being able to make money. In fact, it creates opportunities for everyone else to give him something to spend it on.

Also, the poverty line in the US is considered well off in most of the rest of the world.

Where in UK?

IBetYou

England. Tax evasion a big problem in my country with the rich elite.

dlowilly

England. Tax evasion a big problem in my country with the rich elite.
    Anywhere taxes are high tax evasion will be high. It's pretty much baked in to the tax rates and the middle class who have a limited ability to get creative on their taxes get burned.

The thing is, the government is so wasteful things wouldn't be measurably better if they got all that revenue.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i bet dlo whitey has a luca doncic poster on his wall

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i bet dlo whitey has a luca doncic poster on his wall
    Fuk the NBA

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Fuk the NBA
    ur prob more of a hockey, swimming water polo and curling fan

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Trumps america

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    ur prob more of a hockey, swimming water polo and curling fan
    I'm a fan of whoever beat u in to the blubbering miserable little cuck u are today so I can laugh at u

LOL

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Anywhere taxes are high tax evasion will be high. It's pretty much baked in to the tax rates and the middle class who have a limited ability to get creative on their taxes get burned.

The thing is, the government is so wasteful things wouldn't be measurably better if they got all that revenue.
    What a cynic. Don't worry about homeless numbers exploding then or crime rate because the government is only going to waste the money anyway

dlowilly

What a cynic. Don't worry about homeless numbers exploding then or crime rate because the government is only going to waste the money anyway
    Cynic? Ur damn right I'm a cynic when it comes to government spending. If you think high homelessness and crime is the result of revenue shortage and not bad policy then I really don't know what to tell ya.

IBetYou

well neither one less important than the other -both a slap in the face of the working class

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    It’s like jail. You have to shank a fool to get respect. Toughen up or become someone’s bitch.
    damn you're ruthless calling little boy bron a bitch for almost 20 years now i have to say i can't disagree tho

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    It’s like jail. You have to shank a fool to get respect. Toughen up or become someone’s bitch.
    I think you meant prison not jail you are from Cali right?

First 12