chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

coinbase

i have tried to turn points into bitcoin twice. Both times it was turned down. I have always done it this way. The only thing i could think of is that coin base has figured out that it is from gambling forum or that the thread that coin base uses to transfer the buy was invalid from length of time. Can someone tell me how i should try to rectify this. In no way I'm complaining just looking for solutions.
    thank you

iBetSo
    iBetSo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

send to third party wallet before ever trying to go to coinbase. they arent down with anything gambling related. once youre in an unrelated wallet youll be able to go to coinbase without issue.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Who turned it down?

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15834

use the Blockchain wallet on your phone. why send to Coinbase when they report everything to their master?

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    use the Blockchain wallet on your phone. why send to Coinbase when they report everything to their master?

i pay my taxes and i am one of those unlucky ones that would get busted. i got audited 3 times and although i won every time...it was a pain in the ass.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I used some points to buy $100 of btc from store and sent it to electrum then cb with no issues.

CB is ridiculous now you can buy and sell but when you go to send btc now you have to send pic of ID every time now if you want it to go through without the 72 hour hold

later

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1945

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    I used some points to buy $100 of btc from store and sent it to electrum then cb with no issues.

CB is ridiculous now you can buy and sell but when you go to send btc now you have to send pic of ID every time now if you want it to go through without the 72 hour hold

later
    Yeah, almost every other time CB requires this. I have a photo of my CDL so I just upload and then take a selfie. It's annoying as hell though.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

chico i would help you man but you have been mean lately

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Let's keep thread on topic

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Yeah, almost every other time CB requires this. I have a photo of my CDL so I just upload and then take a selfie. It's annoying as hell though.

i intially had to show picture but that was 5 yrs ago.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

cool

iBetSo
    iBetSo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    i pay my taxes and i am one of those unlucky ones that would get busted. i got audited 3 times and although i won every time...it was a pain in the ass.
    IRS must be racist. Let’s cancel them.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Let's keep thread on topic
    off the meds today?

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

No, Coinbase is hard as hell to use. The solution is definitely get a wallet from somebody else to use as a buffer. But, Coinbase wants to make some money. So, if we deposit with them/transfer to a wallet and we are done with them/they are not making much. The beauty of Coinbase is you can deposit with an eft with little cost. In theory, you can even get it back some day but they do not want you to ever get anything back as they want you to use them spend every penny.

I use Kraken which is an exchange. Terrific to store in USD - terrific to deposit and withdraw via bitcoin / nightmare to deposit USD via wire/bigger nightmare to withdraw via wire to your bank account.
    Last edited by BuckyOne; 08-29-20 at 03:15 PM.