Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Biggie who is your trainer at Woodbine?
    sorry you can easily find out my personal info that way

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    sorry you can easily find out my personal info that way
    Sure, understood. Back in the day (80's) I was friends with Scott Fairlie, Gord Cowie, Vito Armata, Robbie King, Jack Lauzon, Billy Lane etc.
    As a teen I worked summers at Ft Erie for Conrad Cohen and a short stint with Glenn Magnusson.
    My best friend owned horses from 1984 to about 2008 when he finally had enough.
    I found out one of my old buddies died today in Saratoga. Retired jock David Piques.

RIP Dave!

Last edited by icon; 08-27-20 at 06:47 PM.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

littlekona to add to this most of the online books offering horse racing wagers cap winnings at like 25k.
    ADW's pools USA is where they play the computer guys not offshore like we do LOL. They are contributing to the Pools BUT with rebates and super computer are profitable and are ones that hit many of the huge tickets we see or 100's of consolations daily to keep pools growing

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1264

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Sure, understood. Back in the day (80's) I was friends with Scott Fairlie, Gord Cowie, Vito Armata, Robbie King, Jack Lauzon, Billy Lane etc.
    As a teen I worked summers at Ft Erie for Conrad Cohen and a short stint with Glenn Magnusson.
    My best friend owned horses from 1984 to about 2008 when he finally had enough.
    I found out one of my old buddies died today in Saratoga. Retired jock David Piques.

RIP Dave!

quite a bit younger then you..... you may know my father he has had many at fort Erie back in the 90's

as for me all those names are foreign to me..... What did you do at fort in summers hot walker?
    Last edited by biggie12; 08-27-20 at 07:00 PM.

icon

quite a bit younger then you..... you may know my father he has had many at fort Erie back in the 90's

as for me all those names are foreign to me..... What did you do at fort in summers hot walker?
    I was a groom. Chose Ft Erie for the summer because I wanted to party, grew up in Rexdale and started out walking hots at Stafford Farms.
    Used to ride my bike from Kipling Ave along Rexdale Blvd to the backstretch on weekends. Back then the powerhouse stables were Kinghaven Farms, BKY Stables and Sam-Son Farms.

Used to side hustle for a few small trainers taking their horses to Greenwood to run, I'd ride the transfer van from Woodbine to Greenwood and then paddock the horse - usually a longshot with no chance, never won a race doing that but I got paid $30 and got to smoke weed in the back of the transport van with the other grooms and horses. Then I'd walk home from Woodbine at the end of the night stoned out of my mind and get up and go to school the next day.

I even used to hang out at greenwood with one of my highschool teachers that bet the horses. I'd call him Mr Stewart and he'd say "call me Jim", was weird because I was still in a couple of his classes. We'd talk horses etc at school and other students had no clue what we were talking about.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1264

thats hilarious times haven't changed much. I can confirm most of groomers and hot walkers at woodbine are still stoned 90% of the time. They love when i come to watch the morning walk around and give them a nice package... gotta keep the crew going unfortunately just the crew, our horses don't smoke weed... Maybe some kind of �� up the ass before a race to really get them going

icon

thats hilarious times haven't changed much. I can confirm most of groomers and hot walkers at woodbine are still stoned 90% of the time. They love when i come to watch the morning walk around and give them a nice package... gotta keep the crew going unfortunately just the crew, our horses don't smoke weed... Maybe some kind of �� up the ass before a race to really get them going
    Haven't been to Ft Erie in years. I knew Daryl Ezra, Chris Tuttle, Josh Robillard, his ex wife Julie Mathes and a few jockeys in the early 2000s.

Used to love the Ft, but its hardly the same, many of the old characters I knew are now dead. Plus racing just isn't the same. I remember going to the Plate at Woodbine with my old man in the 70s and 80s and the parking lot was full and people parked on the grass right up to the curb on Rexdale Blvd. There were 30,000 people there many times. Racing was big, now its all slots and cheating trainers. Cough cough, N McKnight.

First 12