Skull City
    Update your status
    Skull City's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Kelly and rounding stakes and mug betting

Hello folks,

I would ike to adress two points.

First point,

first off, i'm not an arbuser, i'm a value punter and using Kelly for my stakes.

We've all heard here and there that in order to not let the bookies flag you it's advised to round your stakes to the closest 5 and 10, ok make sense but..

I'm obviously already rounding my stakes to avoid the cents but not the to closest 5 and 10.

So what if your stakes strategy is based on Kelly ? I think being able to stake a very specific amount is the purpose of using Kelly so if i was to round my stake to the closest 5 or 10 wouldn't be a downgrade and less efficient Kelly strategy ?

For the Kelly users, do you round your stakes or go with your initial Kelly ?

Second point,

i think mug betting or any kind of strategy that may you think you can fly under bookie radar is useless in long term. Soon or later a succesful punter would be limited or banned no matter how careful they are.

The reason is that i think a bookie can simply bypass all those little effort you made to fly under the radar but at the end you can't hide your deposits and withdrawals. So if bookies just limit their monitoring to only on how much deposits or withdrawals you made it can become pretty much clear how much benefical or not you are to them. So simply said i'm not even sure bookies track every punters move, they just wait them out of the gate.

I'd like to hear your take on this.

Skull City
    Update your status

Bump just in case some users missed the post..Would like to have some feedbacks, thanks.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

who is this guy ?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Practically nobody using Full Kelly while sports betting and surving over the long haul.

It's just the way it is.

The best of the best making it with partial Kelly though.

There are many strategies to flying under the radar, too, not sure I want to get into them here.

Skull City
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    who is this guy ?
    If your 54,866 messages are like this one you should be a next level troll..

Sam Odom

newbie dissing on Sammy

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19189

If you are an originator and you are really good books can see that and welcome you as a golden goose they can tail. Kelly is not a miracle answer. The only thing that matters is whether the player can identify value.

Skull City
    Update your status

Hey BuckyOne,

Never said Kelly is a miracle answer or whatever, just asking if roundig the Kelly stake may have a impact on its efficency and bankroll in the long term.

Kelly is very profitable to me because i precisely know my edges and values and the reason i'm using it.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Skull City View Post

Kelly is very profitable to me because i precisely know my edge and values and the reason i'm using it.

Really?

precisely

not trolling you dude but are you selling anything ?

Skull City
    Update your status

Not trolling either nor selling something don't worry

Sam Odom

Skully , waiting on you to post some plays winners

Skull City
    Update your status

I said i precisely know my edges, doesn't mean my edges are 100% correct. Why should i share some plays winners since nobody as shared my sweat in the hard work i had to put to achieve my results. You may say "but "Skully", you didn't came here before to ask for advises or ideas.." well i did come to ask a simple question in this same post but i saw how many response i got, see, i have good edges not only in gambling..

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19189

Quote Originally Posted by Skull City View Post
    Hey BuckyOne,

Never said Kelly is a miracle answer or whatever, just asking if roundig the Kelly stake may have a impact on its efficency and bankroll in the long term.

Kelly is very profitable to me because i precisely know my edges and values and the reason i'm using it.
    Very interesting. If you know your precise edge - why vary one penny from what Kelly says? You still need to bet at the book with the best price in the marketplace. Your balance can be spread out at 50 places.

As far as exposing yourself as a sharp your winning % has already done that. Those kind of places that sweat winners and payouts are doing you a favor by kicking you out and paying you. You do not want to be there anyway and win big bucks and get stiffed. The only way to get a good number at those joints is for a number to get stale or they made a mistake with the number - they are not there to compete with the marketplace - they clone to the max and get pissed if somebody nails them for value.

If you can do what you say you can - the world is your oyster - you have sportsbetting by the nuts!

Spread it around - play every place - beat everybody - go to Vegas - go to Reno - get everybody - do not just pound one place into the ground.
    Points Awarded:

turbobets gave BuckyOne 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

semibluff gave BuckyOne 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24876

Whole lotta poppycock in this thread.

OP was laid off from Chuck E. Cheese and now looking to supplement his unemployment stubs with an underground tortoise racing hedge fund racket. What a clown show!