goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You think a random Indian guy or random Chinese or white would get heard more without help?

This is all bullshit bro. There will always be some dumbass cop killing a person of all types of backgrounds.

Most NBA players NEVER cared before Floyd. You think all of the sudden they woke up?

Please. It's all James
    Its more than just cops killing people. That was the springboard yes, but theres so many more problems than that. Education is the biggest. I know you hate James and thats fine, I dont either but I honestly dont care if any NBA player likes Floyd, what they are doing will hopefully impact some. And its a problem no matter how much SBR doesnt think a problem exists it does.
    And no a random indian, chinese, white would not get heard by themselves thats correct. Problems dont get heard until the masses get behind it. One voice no matter the race will never get heard. But just like after 9/11 when people consistently were racist against every Muslim person, it didnt get heard at first because no one dared to say anything because it made them seem unpatriotic. It took masses to say not every Muslim is a terroist. And even now there are still some people that think that.
    The generalizations that our society makes against all cultures is bullshit and ridiculous

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Nobody interested in 7 inning baseball games or "terrorist logos" on a hoops court. Two stupid leagues and that is what their rating are trash
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/14/2021

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6296

Not surprised about the NBA. They deserve the low ratings. They reap what they sow.

More surprised about the MLB. I figured ratings would be down, but not that far down.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1662

Good rendition of Star Spangled banner before Bucks/ Rockets.

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6296

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Good rendition of Star Spangled banner before Bucks/ Rockets.
    My guess is the idiot players ruined it by kneeling with their BLM garbage shirts.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Not surprised about the NBA. They deserve the low ratings. They reap what they sow.

More surprised about the MLB. I figured ratings would be down, but not that far down.
    low ratings or best ratings in MLB since 2011. Who cares about facts, those dont matter smh

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14426

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Its more than just cops killing people. That was the springboard yes, but theres so many more problems than that. Education is the biggest. I know you hate James and thats fine, I dont either but I honestly dont care if any NBA player likes Floyd, what they are doing will hopefully impact some. And its a problem no matter how much SBR doesnt think a problem exists it does.
    And no a random indian, chinese, white would not get heard by themselves thats correct. Problems dont get heard until the masses get behind it. One voice no matter the race will never get heard. But just like after 9/11 when people consistently were racist against every Muslim person, it didnt get heard at first because no one dared to say anything because it made them seem unpatriotic. It took masses to say not every Muslim is a terroist. And even now there are still some people that think that.
    The generalizations that our society makes against all cultures is bullshit and ridiculous
    Dude, nobody cares. BLM isn't an authentic movement anyways, it's propaganda funded by powerful people with deep pockets who care nothing about black people, or whites for that matter. It takes a lot of money to plaster "Black Lives Matter" on anything and everything and keep it in everyone's face 24/7. It's basically Budweiser, Apple, Coca-Cola etc. It's not some grassroots movement launched by concerned citizens that just happened to take the nation by storm.

Systemic racism is a myth anyways. Minorities in this country have as good as they ever have. There will always be pockets of ignorant people, but generally speaking everyone has the same opportunity as the next guy. Ironically, a lot of black people who become very successful, reflect on their rise to the top and comment that it wasn't white people who tried to hold them back, but other blacks in their own community.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

When a coach draws up a play in today's NBA

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm not watching the NBA because they don't play defense. I could care less about kneeling for the anthem and the other buffoonery.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/21/2021

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I used to be such a big fan of the NBA growing up. It felt like such a privilege to grow up in the 80's and watch such stars as Dr. J, Magic, Bird, Jordan, and Malone. The rivalries were real. The Celtics and Lakers respected, but despised each other. Everybody hated the Pistons, and they returned the favor. Chills would literally go down my spine when the playoffs came around and I heard the NBA CBS theme. Brent Musberger or Dick Stockton would give you the story and history of whatever series was going on while it played with many highlights showing.

When the Rockets finally won an NBA Championship in 1994, I didn't talk to my wife for 3 days. Why? Because she wanted me to come to bed with 4 minutes left in Game 7 against the Knicks. She tried to lay down the law, and when I totally ignored her demands with my focus fixated on what was about to happen in NBA annals, a pillow and blanket were semi-violently thrown at me on the couch. I didn't care. What I had waited my entire childhood to happen, a championship for one of my Houston teams, was about to finally come to fruition as I watched Olajuwon dominating Ewing unmercifully. I could say that this moment might have been the start of the demise of the love in my marriage, but that's another story for another time.

Why do I share all of this? That love is gone. I can't even push myself to watch a game now. It just looks fake. Guys are best friends after the game. You see high fives on missed free throws. Three point shots are thrown up with nobody underneath to rebound. I can say BLM has totally soured me on the game, and it has contributed to it, but it was really the final straw in a long developing problem that I really didn't realize until the pandemic. I'll study stats and make bets on the game, but my investment of time in their TV product is over. The 80's NBA was a long time ago, buried somewhere next to my patronage for the league.

- KLC

Those were the days. This was a keeper Brent and Richie Powers!

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/21/2021

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Dude, nobody cares. BLM isn't an authentic movement anyways, it's propaganda funded by powerful people with deep pockets who care nothing about black people, or whites for that matter. It takes a lot of money to plaster "Black Lives Matter" on anything and everything and keep it in everyone's face 24/7. It's basically Budweiser, Apple, Coca-Cola etc. It's not some grassroots movement launched by concerned citizens that just happened to take the nation by storm.

Systemic racism is a myth anyways. Minorities in this country have as good as they ever have. There will always be pockets of ignorant people, but generally speaking everyone has the same opportunity as the next guy. Ironically, a lot of black people who become very successful, reflect on their rise to the top and comment that it wasn't white people who tried to hold them back, but other blacks in their own community.
    I like the preface “generally speaking”. I think that pretty much summed up my point

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Gamblers still watch
    Gamblers are mostly watching scoring updates and box scores on their phone........

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14426

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I like the preface “generally speaking”. I think that pretty much summed up my point
    What point is that? That you have no point at all?

In a population of 350 million you aren't going to have 100% of anything for anyone. That's why I said "you will always have pockets of ignorant people" and that ignorance includes racism, among other things. But the idea that widespread systemic racism is holding down hoards of blacks from pursuing their dreams is an outright fallacy.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    No one watches sports in early August. People are being busy on the beach infecting other people right now.

Sad but true

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6568

If you’re not watching sports, why the Fukk are you here? This is a sports/gambling forum. GTFOH with your political agendas. Stop the fukking whining and either post a play or shut the hell up. When did SBR become full of pussies? Sad, how easy it is to get sand in your vaginas.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2021

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7739

NBA playoffs should generate a spike.

Maybe throw in an ESPN 30 for 30 ten-part miniseries on Black Lives Matter for good measure.
    I think I saw Part One of that miniseries tonight -- It was called the NBA Countdown Show...
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2021

175 pts

3-QUESTION

goduke

What point is that? That you have no point at all?

In a population of 350 million you aren't going to have 100% of anything for anyone. That's why I said "you will always have pockets of ignorant people" and that ignorance includes racism, among other things. But the idea that widespread systemic racism is holding down hoards of blacks from pursuing their dreams is an outright fallacy.
    Let’s compare the education system. Also let’s talk about white flight. And then tell me the opportunities are the same for young black kids.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    When a coach draws up a play in today's NBA

175 pts

3-QUESTION

JIBBBY
    Have a nice day :)
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I hope BLM ruins all sports....
    They're sure trying hard to ruin all sports with all this BLM crap you see and hear 24/7 when watching that's for sure. Jamming it down our throats.. NBA especially!!

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Betpoints: 1979

Poor Blacks

They have no rights since 1860

First 12