Vikings2
    Vikings2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25688

Pelosi urges Congress to 'go big' on next virus aid package

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

By LISA MASCARO, AP Congressional Correspondent
    37 mins ago

Pelosi urges Congress to 'go big' on next virus aid package

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is poised to unveil the next coronavirus aid package, encouraging Congress to “go big” on aid to help cash-strapped states and struggling Americans. Voting is possible as soon as Friday.

But the bill is heading straight into a Senate roadblock. Senate Republicans said Monday they are not planning to vote on any new relief until June. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says there is no “urgency” to act.

“Let's get on with it," Pelosi said Monday night on MSNBC.
    “To those who would suggest a pause, I would say the hunger doesn't take a pause, the rent doesn't take a pause,” she said. “We have a big need. It's monumental.”
    The new package, the fifth since March, is expected to carry another eye-popping price tag. President Donald Trump has signed into law nearly $3 trillion in aid approved by Congress.

Its centerpiece is likely to be money to states and cities that are struggling to avoid layoffs in the face of skyrocketing health care costs and plummeting tax receipts during the economic shutdown. There will money for virus testing and another round of direct cash payments and unemployment benefits for Americans, Pelosi said. She has not disclosed the cost.
    On a conference call with House colleagues Monday, Pelosi urged them to “go big,” according to person unauthorized to discuss the private caucus call and granted anonymity.
    With the Capitol still partly closed, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., told lawmakers on the call there would be 72-hour notice before returning to Washington for the vote, which could come Friday, the person said.
    But Senate Republicans are in no rush to spend what could be trillions more on aid.
    “I don’t think we have yet felt the urgency of acting immediately," McConnell told reporters at the Capitol.
    McConnell said he has been in close contact with the White House, assessing the aid Congress has already approved in response to the virus outbreak and next steps.
    The White House convened a call with Senate Republicans earlier Monday, senators and aides said. “If we decide to go forward, we’ll go forward together,” McConnell said. His priority is to ensure any new package includes liability protections for health care providers and businesses that are reopening.
    Senate Republicans are not expected to act on any further aid until after the Memorial Day recess, according to a senior Republican aide unauthorized to discuss the planning and granted anonymity.
    The Senate is set to recess at the end of next week for a previously scheduled break, with senators scheduled to return June 1.
    The Senate recently reopened its side of the Capitol while the House remains largely shuttered due the the health concerns.
    Senators have been in session since last week, voting on Trump's nominees for judicial and executive branch positions and other issues. The Senate majority, the 53-member Senate Republican conference, is meeting for its regular luncheons most days, spread out three to a table for social distance. Democrats are convening by phone. Many senators, but not all, are wearing masks.
    At least a dozen Capitol police officers and other staff have tested positive for the virus, and at least one senator, Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, is in isolation at home after exposure from a staff member who tested positive. Other lawmakers have cycled in and out of quarantine.
    Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer warned that if Trump and congressional Republicans “slow walk” more aid they will be repeating President Herbert Hoover’s “tepid” response to the Great Depression.
    “It should be big and it should be bold,” Schumer said Monday.

Vikings2
    Vikings2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25688

Here comes the hand outs.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 344

Won't happen.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

hopefully it is 20 trillion

i could use a nice 10k check

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

go BIG or go home....

on second thought forget the big part

just go home, bitch

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

Ice cream

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Her attempt to really destroy the Economy is to give out more and BIGGER handouts even when the economy is starting to re-open... No one will ever want to come back to work even when the economy re-opens if you keep feeding them FREE money..

Trump will look bad after Corona is over in November then.

Dems are sneaky... So political..

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3668

Pelosi is a satan, Hilary 2.0, agent of Cabal.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13767

I'm against handouts and everything else but I think this is needed.
    I've had two family members die and a third now on a ventilator. Family businesses hanging by a thread and hope keeps fading.

I think we can do better than the $1,200 one time.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    go BIG or go home....

on second thought forget the big part

just go home, bitch

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Her attempt to really destroy the Economy is to give out more and BIGGER handouts even when the economy is starting to re-open... No one will ever want to come back to work even when the economy re-opens if you keep feeding them FREE money..

Trump will look bad after Corona is over in November then.

Dems are sneaky... So political..
    You make it sound like the payments or handouts will continue after the pandemic is over. Of course no one would work if they didn't have to, but they will have to eventually.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Dumbasses rather give handouts to Billionaires than their next door neighbor. Haters. No pussy does that to you.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1449

Let go big lot of people are struggling
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hot Jerry

mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings2 View Post
    Here comes the hand outs.

Really ?!

For that to happen it must be APPROVED by Mitch McConnell

then *passed* by the REPUBLICAN Senate...

then TRUMP has to *agree* and sign it into law.

Therefore, LOGICALLY, it would be ALL Pelosi's fault...

...well, and Hunter Biden too ...of course.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, Senate republicans will have something to say.

If it hits Trump's desk, he will sign it.

This might just be the start of negotiations, senate repubs might compromise somewhere along the way.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    You make it sound like the payments or handouts will continue after the pandemic is over. Of course no one would work if they didn't have to, but they will have to eventually.
    They are on unemployment and getting stim checks by the second round of BIG handouts.. Then the unemployment checks coming in never stops, you get lazy and don't wanna work anymore.. It happens.. Enabling..

Welfare generations is real..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How dumb is she ?

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

another bill would give people on social security a 5k lump sum payment- and then the 2k/mo. payment for a minimum 6 mos.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How dumb is she ?
    She never recoverd from that hit in the head...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

At least with Nancy, everyone gets a pen...

mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Her attempt to really destroy the Economy is to
    give out more and BIGGER handouts even when
    the economy is starting to re-open...

Really ?!

For that to happen it must be APPROVED by Mitch McConnell

then *passed* by the REPUBLICAN Senate...

then TRUMP has to *agree* and sign it into law.

Therefore, LOGICALLY, it would be *ALL* Pelosi's fault...

...well, and Hunter Biden too ...of course.

Last edited by mezmurized2; 05-12-20 at 12:36 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I know people in SO Cal now that are making more money staying at home with the Stim check and unemployment benefits then they did working full time at their jobs before Corona hit..

That tells me something is a miss..

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Jibbby is going to die!

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    hopefully it is 20 trillion -LOVE IT and AGREE !!

i could use a nice 10k check
    - YES - YES - YES !!

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

I know people in SO Cal now that are making more money staying at home with the Stim check and unemployment benefits then they did working full time at their jobs before Corona hit..

That tells me something is a miss..
    Or that the job has no hope and won’t get them anywhere in life. The only people making more on stim and unemployment are the people that have dogshit jobs with no chance to ever get out of it. Jibby wants the toilets cleaned and the floors swept, doesn’t care if it’s basically slave labor. That’s his way

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

Maxine Waters' grand-kids will be selling her pen on Ebay in a couple years.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

YOU GO NANCY - the whole nation LOVE YOU and stands behind you !!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Or that the job has no hope and won’t get them anywhere in life. The only people making more on stim and unemployment are the people that have dogshit jobs with no chance to ever get out of it. Jibby wants the toilets cleaned and the floors swept, doesn’t care if it’s basically slave labor. That’s his way
    True, but there is something to be said if you worked hard all day long and come home tired after that and earned that little money honestly!!

You feel good inside after a hard days work rather then just sitting on your ass drinking beer and doing drugs daily out of work and waiting for that free money to come in the mail monthly.. Dead end life you are looking at if you choose that.. You have no purpose.

I'd rather work the janitorial job scrubbing toilets all day long and earning my little pay if I had that choice and come home tired and fulfilled daily. You then have a purpose in life even if it's a low level job that pays crap.. You earned that little pay and you will feel good about yourself. I bet that little pay you earned will go a long way also..

RSPK!!! I'll shake your hand and say good job bud..

Money hard earned will last longer because you worked for it, quick free money is spent and lost to drugs and or what ever and goes out the window fast.. It's a Godly thing..

That's keeping it real fellas!!

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

True, but there is something to be said if you worked hard all day long and come home tired after that and earned that little money honestly!!

You feel good inside after a hard days work rather then just sitting on your ass drinking beer and doing drugs daily out of work and waiting for that free money to come in the mail monthly.. Dead end life you are looking at if you choose that.. You have no purpose.

I'd rather work the janitorial job scrubbing toilets all day long and earning my little pay if I had that choice and come home tired and fulfilled daily. You then have a purpose in life even if it's a low level job that pays crap.. You earned that little pay and you will feel good about yourself. I bet that little pay you earned will go a long way also..

RSPK!!! I'll shake your hand and say good job bud..

Money hard earned will last longer because you worked for it, quick free money is spent and lost to drugs and or what ever and goes out the window fast.. It's a Godly thing..

That's keeping it real fellas!!
    I disagree. They are both dead ends. That little money will barely support you and if you have children it definitely won’t. And those jobs will often lead to broken homes and turmoil because you can’t afford life and that causes stress among the family. There’s no purpose in life to working a dead end job with no prospects. All you’re doing is working for someone else’s purpose, to benefit them in that type of job. Maybe attach that money to a stipulation to go back to school or learn a trade, fine I could be ok with that but other than that unemployed or working a dead end job for very little pay is the same. One could argue that that unemployment check may give them more time with their family. Also you just assume every person who is on unemployment sits at home and drinks beer and does drugs. That’s a stigma that you learned either from your parents or from hearing it among your friends. Not everyone is like that

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I disagree. They are both dead ends. That little money will barely support you and if you have children it definitely won’t. And those jobs will often lead to broken homes and turmoil because you can’t afford life and that causes stress among the family. There’s no purpose in life to working a dead end job with no prospects. All you’re doing is working for someone else’s purpose, to benefit them in that type of job. Maybe attach that money to a stipulation to go back to school or learn a trade, fine I could be ok with that but other than that unemployed or working a dead end job for very little pay is the same. One could argue that that unemployment check may give them more time with their family. Also you just assume every person who is on unemployment sits at home and drinks beer and does drugs. That’s a stigma that you learned either from your parents or from hearing it among your friends. Not everyone is like that
    If you are working a job with "no hope" then why are you there? Why are you not either learning a trade or something new that will fill you with a purpose? There has to be some personal responsibility in there. There are people who bust their tails on 2-3 jobs for their families because they have hopes for better tomorrows. There are some who sacrifice for their families. There are some who just had the government stomp all over their dreams and futures by closing them down because people got scared and the so-called smart people who are supposed to know viruses lied about their numbers and data. No one calls them into account for how wrong they got this.

And how would Nancy know what America needs? She has been at home with her ice cream. She has kept the House from being in session. DiFi has been complaining about the Senate having to work since she is 159 years old. Nancy isn't much younger, so she wasn't going to risk herself. She is insulated in her home and knows nothing about what goes on in fly-over country.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Why not? Lets go really big.

"We have to pass the bill to see what's in it."

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

this bill will finish off the old folks quicker than any fantasy virus

a young nation of lazy slugs we will be ripe for invasion

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Can someone explain, very simply, short and sweet, why I should give a f about the deficit?

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Anyone who got laid off is getting juiced up unemployment.

Why do we need for bailouts?

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    another bill would give people on social security a 5k lump sum payment- and then the 2k/mo. payment for a minimum 6 mos.
    For what? People on social security did not lose their income.

All they are doing is making sure the rest of us never get social security.

123 Last