hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22778

there hasn't been any since the 90's wake up

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    What you mean? 2000s were the best defensive teams ever. Pistons Spurs Celtics and Lakers. 90s weren't real defense.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Scoring too easy
    These games are hard to watch. Playoffs will be different though.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

were overs 6 for 6 today nba ?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

JJ there is zero pride rn in the nba, these guys are oing he absolute minimum to get paid. They dont give a single fukk about the product
    Points Awarded:

unde0087 gave The Kraken 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

somebody had hit a nice 6 for 6 parlay today

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Gonna start betting every over from now on. It's because no fans to pump guys up to d up. Plus shooters much more relaxed

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1424

Ya lotta overs

will that continue

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24749

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    JJ there is zero pride rn in the nba, these guys are oing he absolute minimum to get paid. They dont give a single fukk about the product
    That's not what I've witnessed at all. Lofty final scores don't equate to minimal effort, it's just the nature of the modern game. The bubble games so far have been very hard fought. The players look like they wanna be there. Playoffs right around the corner, coaches getting their guys tuned up.
    Points Awarded:

sosawestbrook gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    That's not what I've witnessed at all. Lofty final scores don't equate to minimal effort, it's just the nature of the modern game. The bubble games so far have been very hard fought. The players look like they wanna be there. Playoffs right around the corner, coaches getting their guys tuned up.

Goat Milk

First 2 days have been awful games

No toughness at all

That will change as we approach playoffs

Ppl always say Modern this and modern that but you don't see 150 to 150 in a playoff game even in this day.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Ya exactly why the Jordan vs LeBron debate is the dumbest fukin thing ever. When Jordan played people protected the rim and there was things like traveling and double dribbles that refs called. Now you can stop dribbling at half court and make a layup and it isnt traveling the guy just took 2 euro steps, 3 afgany steps, and a Russian 2 step.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave unde0087 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    First 2 days have been awful games

No toughness at all

That will change as we approach playoffs

Ppl always say Modern this and modern that but you don't see 150 to 150 in a playoff game even in this day.
    That game went to overtime, you clown.

And if those two teams meet in the playoffs, you'll absolutely see shootouts in the series more often than not.

The only games that were awful were the ones that featured rosters decimated by personnel issues i.e. the Wizards and Nets games, but even those were competitive for a spell. The rest have had outright postseason intensity, as much as one could expect in an arena with virtual fans anyways.

You must be wearing your corona mask over your eyes, goatboy.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 08-01-20 at 12:35 AM.

Goat Milk

That game went to overtime, you clown.

And if those two teams meet in the playoffs, you'll absolutely see shootouts in the series more often than not.
    You wouldn't see anything close to that score tonight, overtime or not.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ya exactly why the Jordan vs LeBron debate is the dumbest fukin thing ever. When Jordan played people protected the rim and there was things like traveling and double dribbles that refs called. Now you can stop dribbling at half court and make a layup and it isnt traveling the guy just took 2 euro steps, 3 afgany steps, and a Russian 2 step.
    Lebron had to go through Boston, who was way better than any team Jordan ever faced including the Bad Boys and the Knicks.

Pierce Ray Allen KG Rondo Perkins Posey Tony Allen....list goes on....one of the best defensive teams of all time.

Jordan shits on Lebron but Jordan's era did not feature better defense than the 2000s with Boston Spurs Lakers and Pistons. Pistons were holding the Lakers star studded team of Kobe Shaq Malone Payton to like 80 ppg in the finals.

sosawestbrook

Grizz-Blazers was one of the best games of the season & Rockets-Mavs was right up there as well..you gotta be tripping to think otherwise.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Grizz-Blazers was one of the best games of the season & Rockets-Mavs was right up there as well..you gotta be tripping to think otherwise.
    Awful games

I literally watched James Harden allow guys to run right past him, as in he stood there. He started playing defense in the final 2 min of the game.

I've never seen worse defense in the last 2 years than those 2 games.

If that's a good game to you, then so be it.

sosawestbrook

Awful games

I literally watched James Harden allow guys to run right past him, as in he stood there. He started playing defense in the final 2 min of the game.

I've never seen worse defense in the last 2 years than those 2 games.

If that's a good game to you, then so be it.
    Ima keep it 100 with you it sounds like you lost a bet & you are upset. if the defense is as bad as you say, then bet the over every game & you should keep your pockets nice and healthy. especially on a day like today..right?

Eddy Munny

Goatboy is just emotional right now, I think he did lose a bet.

He says those two games are the worst defense he's seen in two years, so either he hasn't watched any basketball in the last two years, or he's an emotional basketcase rattling off as much hyperbole as he can. The thing is, both of those games went to overtime, and both were hotly contested throughout. You can read players' body language, they were trying to win, they weren't just simply going through the motions. Furthermore, the Grizzlies have to win games in the bubble if they want to advance so they're effectively in the postseason right now.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 08-01-20 at 12:55 AM.

sosawestbrook

I just don't get it. if the defense is abysmally bad across the board then there is cash to be made. did any of you "back in my day" guys take the over today? it went 6/6. sounds like free money to me. does anybody even understand why that happened? golden child got you guys in a frenzy day & night..like clockwork.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Ima keep it 100 with you it sounds like you lost a bet & you are upset. if the defense is as bad as you say, then bet the over every game & you should keep your pockets nice and healthy. especially on a day like today..right?
    I took Houston and Portland. I got lucky. I posted Houston on this site before the game started in another guy's thread.

Yeah, over would have been good today.

Goat Milk

Mavs are one of the worst closing teams in the NBA

Never think that an NBA game is over

Never play those kinds of odds

I took Houston +568 when they were down by 11 in the 4th quarter

Goat Milk

Goatboy is just emotional right now, I think he did lose a bet.

He says those two games are the worst defense he's seen in two years, so either he hasn't watched any basketball in the last two years, or he's an emotional basketcase rattling off as much hyperbole as he can. The thing is, both of those games went to overtime, and both were hotly contested throughout. You can read players' body language, they were trying to win, they weren't just simply going through the motions. Furthermore, the Grizzlies have to win games in the bubble if they want to advance so they're effectively in the postseason right now.
    Won about 400 today and swept the board. Didn't lose a game.

Eddy Munny

Won about 400 today and swept the board. Didn't lose a game.
    Yeah but your two sides both eek'd out victories in overtime, leaving your nerves fried, which is why you're in here lamenting the defenses and grossly exaggerating the lack thereof. The games definitely weren't awful and I'm not even normally an advocate of the NBA. I'm just an investor.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    ...the guy just took 2 euro steps, 3 afgany steps, and a Russian 2 step.

Goat Milk

Yeah but your two sides both eek'd out victories in overtime, leaving your nerves fried, which is why you're in here lamenting the defenses and grossly exaggerating the lack thereof. The games definitely weren't awful and I'm not even normally an advocate of the NBA. I'm just an investor.
    I've been gambling for 20 years. I don't get nervous. Only time you'll ever see me lament on here is if I lost a massive wager in the thousands, or if one of my favorite players loses a championship, and most of those players are retired, or gone in some other way.

If you enjoyed the games then you enjoyed them. Keep attacking me all you want. I will take the high road and let my bets do the talking like they always do.

Eddy Munny

I've been gambling for 20 years. I don't get nervous. Only time you'll ever see me lament on here is if I lost a massive wager in the thousands, or if one of my favorite players loses a championship, and most of those players are retired, or gone in some other way.

If you enjoyed the games then you enjoyed them. Keep attacking me all you want. I will take the high road and let my bets do the talking like they always do.
    But you didn't let your bets do the talking, you donkey.

You said the bubble games are awful and that two in particular represented the worst you've seen in 730 days.

You said all that hogwash, not your bets.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These players are all too friendly with each other especially now in the bubble

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

That was basically an all star game