flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Players contracts and salaries during Covid19

The world has never been through something like this and it will continue to get worse. Will this affect people going to games. MLB is about to start.. Will players contracts be affected?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

why would they mlb contracts guaranteed

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i wonder same thing............. also, do these teams/leagues have business interruption insurance?

my guess is players won't get paid if they aren't games.......... if you have one year left at $18MM and you are a stiff, will your contract be extended for the missed games? or out of luck? i strongly assume the latter.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    The world has never been through something like this and it will continue to get worse. Will this affect people going to games. MLB is about to start.. Will players contracts be affected?
    There was a flu pandemic almost exactly 100 years ago that killed 10s of millions in less than a year.

In the 1980s the AIDS scare was worse than this, so far.

But I agree we are going to see a lot of sports playing with no crowds this year. And possibly more than a billion people infected and 10s of millions dead before this is in control.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Come June this will be filed with SARS and H1N1.

Wegmine9
    Wegmine9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2216

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    There was a flu pandemic almost exactly 100 years ago that killed 10s of millions in less than a year.

In the 1980s the AIDS scare was worse than this, so far.

But I agree we are going to see a lot of sports playing with no crowds this year. And possibly more than a billion people infected and 10s of millions dead before this is in control.
    Or not

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Wegmine9 View Post
    Or not
    What % of the population do you think this may spread to?

15% of the population is well over 1 billion people. a 1% fatality rate would equal 10 million. 3% the WHO say is current would be 30 million.

But I think it is looks likely more than 15% will be infected. Maybe 2 or 3, or 4 times that many.

Why? Because the quarantined cruise ships show that it transmits more easily than cold or flu and there is zero chance of a vaccine in 2020.

What is the logic to say that at least 15% of the world won't be infected eventually? Or that at least 1% of them won't die?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

ive been making a killing off of facemasks and antibacterial products

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What % of the population do you think this may spread to?

15% of the population is well over 1 billion people. a 1% fatality rate would equal 10 million. 3% the WHO say is current would be 30 million.

But I think it is looks likely more than 15% will be infected. Maybe 2 or 3, or 4 times that many.

Why? Because the quarantined cruise ships show that it transmits more easily than cold or flu and there is zero chance of a vaccine in 2020.

What is the logic to say that at least 15% of the world won't be infected eventually? Or that at least 1% of them won't die?
    Here ya go Wegmine9.

Never too late to answer seeing as you are taking shots at me about this comment now.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Eventually salaries will be lower

Law of Economics