LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

MLB Cover The League Contest - Win $250 in BTC or Free SBR Pro!

MLB Cover The League Contest 2020

Want to win $250? Of course you do! Then join our MLB
    Cover The League Contest starting MONDAY, AUGUST 3RD, 2020

For
    SBR PRO MEMBERS. Prize is $250, WINNER TAKE ALL

OPEN TO EVERYONE

IF YOU ARE A NON-PRO YOU WILL WIN A FREE SBR PRO MEMBERSHIP GOOD FOR ONE YEAR and the contest will continue until an SBR PRO wins.

How to play

Simply select one MLB team to WIN per day. It is that easy, if your team wins you then remove them from your 30 team list. If your team loses, they can be used again on a future date.

The next day select a different team (or even the same team if they lost the previous day), and then the next day do the same.

Winner is decided by who selects ALL MLB teams to win first.

You do not need to make a pick every day, although it would obviously be to your advantage to do so.
    Also, this is one contest where you are allowed to join late at any time, keeping in mind doing so is a disadvantage.

Remember that a selected team's games must go 9 innings (or 8.5 if the team is home) for a win to count. 7-inning Doubleheader
    games must go 7 innings (or 6.5 if the team is home) for a win to count.

If no SBR PRO has selected ALL MLB teams to win by the end of the regular season, the winner will be whoever has the most team wins. If there is a tie for most team wins, tiebreaker will be earliest date of final win. If that occurred on same day, grand prize will be split.

===============================

SELECTIONS MUST BE MADE ON DAY THAT GAME IS PLAYED WITH 2 EXCEPTIONS:
    1-Pick can be made IMMEDIATELY for first day of the contest August 3rd
    2-If the entire league is off on any day, even if due to PPDs, plays can be entered for next day games are scheduled.

OTHERWISE, NO PICKING IN ADVANCE.

PPD/Cancelled/Shortened game voids that day's selection.
    NO SUBSTITUTIONS OR CHANGES ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON.

Contest starts on August 3rd.

Picks must be made prior to the SCHEDULED start of selected game.

NO EDITING.
    EDITING = DQ

***IF THE SEASON GETS SUSPENDED***

If the season gets suspended BEFORE SEPTEMBER 6TH, this contest is CANCELLED.

If the season gets suspended AFTER GAMES ARE PLAYED SEPTEMBER 6TH, the Grand Prize goes to the SBR Pro with the most team wins at time season is suspended.
    If there is a tie for most team wins, again the tiebreaker will be earliest date of final win, and if that occurred on same day, grand prize will be split.

Cash Prize Winner(s) are paid in Bitcoin and must PM their wallet info to SBR Genie. Winners have 30 days to claim their prize.
    Last edited by spider; 08-15-20 at 01:14 PM.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51625

Thanks LT! So nice to see the contests back!

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Woohoo

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16957

I was so close on the hockey contest until they shut it down!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

LT, any word on how they are wrapping up the original 2020 NBA & NHL "Cover the League" contests from Jan-March that got shut down by COVID? I posted a comment on each of the original threads this week. Here it is:

Not sure how Spider wants to wrap up these NHL & NBA "Cover the League" contests but I propose the top 4 tied in the NHL and the top 2 tied in the NBA split the prize money. Yes, I'm tied with ArunSh for the top spot in the NBA but why completely scrap the contests? It took a month and a half of work for the 6 of us to have the lead and that effort should be worth something. Even if I wasn't leading I'd say the same thing. Final decision up to SBR, but considering the freak nature of this situation, I say pay the current leaders.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

L t you are great.

tradeout
    Become A Pro!
    tradeout's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 55282

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    ..I say pay the current leaders.
    how do you define 'leaders' in this type of contest?

Art Vandelay

Quote Originally Posted by tradeout View Post
    how do you define 'leaders' in this type of contest?
    Easy. In the earlier contest (Pre-Covid), there was a 4-way tie in the NHL and a 2-way tie in the NBA, entrants who had the fewest teams left to cover when the contest got halted.

tradeout
    Become A Pro!
    tradeout's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 55282

Easy. In the earlier contest (Pre-Covid), there was a 4-way tie in the NHL and a 2-way tie in the NBA, entrants who had the fewest teams left to cover when the contest got halted.
    the specifics of that contest is you have to cover all teams and it doesn't matter you have only 1 team left, you can still lose to someone with 5 teams yet to cover.

Art Vandelay

Quote Originally Posted by tradeout View Post
    the specifics of that contest is you have to cover all teams and it doesn't matter you have only 1 team left, you can still lose to someone with 5 teams yet to cover.
    How can you lose to someone with 5 teams left when the contest is halted, no way to finish. Leaders at the halt split the prize.

jillmark
    Update your status
    jillmark's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5046

Thanks again for yet another contest! Count me in!

LT Profits

LT, any word on how they are wrapping up the original 2020 NBA & NHL "Cover the League" contests from Jan-March that got shut down by COVID? I posted a comment on each of the original threads this week. Here it is:

Not sure how Spider wants to wrap up these NHL & NBA "Cover the League" contests but I propose the top 4 tied in the NHL and the top 2 tied in the NBA split the prize money. Yes, I'm tied with ArunSh for the top spot in the NBA but why completely scrap the contests? It took a month and a half of work for the 6 of us to have the lead and that effort should be worth something. Even if I wasn't leading I'd say the same thing. Final decision up to SBR, but considering the freak nature of this situation, I say pay the current leaders.
    ***We will make a decision on what to do with pending NBA/NHL Cover the League over the next few days***

Art Vandelay

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    ***We will make a decision on what to do with pending NBA/NHL Cover the League over the next few days***
    Thanks LT, appreciate it!

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Again, just because you are “tied” with someone, does not make you or the person you’re tied with the winners. This contest was halted without the ability for everyone who was still in the hunt to make their picks and win the damn thing.

Several players including myself were well within the ability to win with the remaining picks that were still left to play.

The only reasonable and fair thing to do, would be to split the prizes among the players who had 5 or less teams left to cover all.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tradeout

Art Vandelay

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Again, just because you are “tied” with someone, does not make you or the person you’re tied with the winners. This contest was halted without the ability for everyone who was still in the hunt to make their picks and win the damn thing.

Several players including myself were well within the ability to win with the remaining picks that were still left to play.

The only reasonable and fair thing to do, would be to split the prizes among the players who had 5 or less teams left to cover all.
    The point is: When the contests ended due to COVID, 4 guys in the NHL contest and 2 in the NBA contest had the most teams covered. Those are the straight numbers, not people "still in the hunt". I understand that you guys still had a shot if the contest had continued but that was not possible. Only standings to go by were the guys with the most teams covered at the end of the contest. Let LT determine how this plays out.

Zlaniner
    DUB NATION 415
    Zlaniner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13084

​play ball !!!

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

In,

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Good luck

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post

The point is: When the contests ended due to COVID, 4 guys in the NHL contest and 2 in the NBA contest had the most teams covered. Those are the straight numbers, not people "still in the hunt". I understand that you guys still had a shot if the contest had continued but that was not possible. Only standings to go by were the guys with the most teams covered at the end of the contest. Let LT determine how this plays out.
    I side with Art here, this is no different than a shortened sporting event. Consider a baseball game called after 5 innings, the winner is the team that is leading even though the opposing team is still "in the hunt" with more at-bats left. You can make the "in the hunt" argument for just about anything really, we'd have to go with the finite leaders IF we decide not to cancel.

LT Profits

The NBA and NHL Cover the Leagues have been CANCELLED in regards to BTC payouts. There MIGHT be consolation prize for leaders.

LT Profits

OK regarding NBA and NHL:

The leaders in each contest will evenly divide 1000 pure Betpoints
    Each member 1 game back gets 200 Free Play points
    Each member 2 games back gets 50 Free Play points

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

in it

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

In.

Art Vandelay

OK regarding NBA and NHL:

The leaders in each contest will evenly divide 1000 pure Betpoints
    Each member 1 game back gets 200 Free Play points
    Each member 2 games back gets 50 Free Play points
    Thanks LT, I'm fine with it - Should keep everyone happy. Let's hope these upcoming contests can be played to conclusion!

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51625

Thanks LT, I'm fine with it - Should keep everyone happy. Let's hope these upcoming contests can be played to conclusion!

Thanks very much SBR! Very appreciated - frankly had forgotten all about those contests lol (been several months and naturally been bigger things on most people's minds) so a nice surprise!

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22668

Tough times LT., you're doing a super job.
    Much appreciated!

hockey7251
    hockey7251's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16209

This is a Great Contest!

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

great contest thanks for set up and grading...in it

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Could you add the contest start date on the first line of these, that way you can hover over the thread and see when they start?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Great!!

I’m in it to win it....

LT Profits

Rememers guys, this contests starts TOMORROW (Monday), with the deadline being the start of the game that you select.

I do not see any entries yet and while yes, you can jump in at any time, why give other members a head start?

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

LT you do know that in the 1st post it says you must pick the day of the game.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by soli View Post
    LT you do know that in the 1st post it says you must pick the day of the game.
    Well who put that stupid rule in? (Oh wait... )

Let me relax it for Day 1.

1234 ... Last