Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Explain the logic with Fan Duel's "Cash out" feature.

I had a three team parlay at Fan Duel and after I made the bet I realized I had the wrong match for the third leg of the parlay. I decided to let the other two matches play out and if I won, I would cash it out at that point. (The mistaken selection was a little later.) I was offered to cash out after I won the first leg, but I wanted to wait for the second to hit. It did and I was not offered the cash out feature ever again on that parlay. Of course the mistaken selection lost.

I talked to them to find out what is the logic and I was told it was up to the trader's decision whether I would get the option. What could possibly change for that trader to allow me out of the parlay at one point and then not let me do it later on??? What in his mind makes it a no go??

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I had a three team parlay at Fan Duel and after I made the bet I realized I had the wrong match for the third leg of the parlay. I decided to let the other two matches play out and if I won, I would cash it out at that point. (The mistaken selection was a little later.) I was offered to cash out after I won the first leg, but I wanted to wait for the second to hit. It did and I was not offered the cash out feature ever again on that parlay. Of course the mistaken selection lost.

I talked to them to find out what is the logic and I was told it was up to the trader's decision whether I would get the option. What could possibly change for that trader to allow me out of the parlay at one point and then not let me do it later on??? What in his mind makes it a no go??
    If the last game has gone off the board and is not offered live you won't get a cashout offer at most books.

Was that the case?

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

The logic behind 'Cash out'? Forcing the player into making bad decisions.

Why didn't you hedge your parlay at other books?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never ever use cash outs the juice is a rip off

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4551

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Never ever use cash outs the juice is a rip off
    This is inaccurate.

1) Fan Duel usually will let me cash out of my bet for 100% if the line hasn’t moved.
    2) If the live line is off, the cash out offer will be off as well (for better or worse).
    3) Sometimes the cash out offer is slightly better than betting the other side.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If the last game has gone off the board and is not offered live you won't get a cashout offer at most books.

Was that the case?
    Nope. That's what I don't understand. The last match had not gone off yet for about 5 minutes and yes I should have just hedged it out. I was just playing off a bonus that gave me for that account.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone using a cash out feature please stop gambling and then go study math

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Back to the OP's question -

Talking about straight bets, not a parlay.....

I have noticed sometimes (not every time) when I'm holding ticket for a straight bet with a game in progress - my side decidedly ahead and will likely finish to win the game - the book will not offer the cash out option.

Would figure the book could offer some price to cash out at a discount. Based on what the live odds are as the game progresses.

Maybe the book thinks the discount is so small they would be paying out nearly the full win anyway at that point, so why not just let it ride and maybe the other side comes back to win late.