homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

So many OL likely have underlying health issues and if one gets it they have to sit the whole group out.

They kept saying "we want to play" so that if it gets scrapped they dont get blamed. They can say hey we wanted to play.

NFL is not ready yet. It is crazy.

Trust me Banker, on this subject I'm playing chess vs checker players

homie1975

Jacksonville already said NO FANS AT GAMES

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Come back on 9/1 and we'll talk then, Dude.

I hope I am wrong because I cannot imagine the Fall with no football but the NFL is heading to the ICU in critical condition right now while CFB is on life support and in grave danger.

Facts.
    I'd bet you but I'm broke. Shutting down ANYTHING for a disease with a 0.27% fatality rate
    was complete overreaction from early on. That number is even LOWER for the late-teens and
    early-twenties demographic. It's damn near zero.

But nothing would surprise me now in 2020, the Year of Unrivaled Stupidity on so many levels....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ByeShea

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by cybersharp View Post
    I'd bet you but I'm broke. Shutting down ANYTHING for a disease with a 0.27% fatality rate
    was complete overreaction from early on. That number is even LOWER for the late-teens and

But nothing would surprise me now in 2020, the Year of Unrivaled Stupidity on so many levels....
    You're assuming the total infected plus asymptomatics totals 50M but we don't know the true asymptomatic number
    number.

Deaths vs cases = 3.9%

Again, chess vs checkers

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

There could be 1 game played in NOV. and you win.

How about we bet 1500 bet points that the over/under is 3.5 games. NO team plays O3.5 in calendar year 2020?

Why would I wager that? Cfb greed. They may try to force it.

Oh wait we cannot bet points because YOU'RE NOT A PRO

yes I've been running my mouth and I've been right

Covid. Stock market V shape recovery preduction in april. You're right - running my mouth and have been right

No go Pro and let's wager 1500 bet points that O/U 3.5 games for any FBS team is the number. I'll take U3.5
    I don’t want to bet points. Points mean nothing to me. Money means nothing to me.

What does mean something, is not seeing you and Mike Huntertz spreading your liberal cuck bullshit about a virus that affects nobody under 80.

No the bet is the loser never posts on this site again. I’ll bet you over 3.5 games.

Alabama will play at least 4 college football games. So will Illinois. So will most colleges. Now there won’t be nearly as many fans in the stands because these idiots are restricting attendance (Illinois is only allowing 20% of stadium capacity) , but there will be college football.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The average age of the latest Covid-19 patients continues to drop substantially, proving once again that the young people of today do not have a brain in their head.
    Yes, because for anyone under 80, and who is not a gigantic obese slob already on their death bed, it’s as harmless as the common flu.

If you are under 40 and in good health, you have a higher chance of dying from a lightning strike or in a car accident driving to college, than you do of getting Covid in a college campus and dying.

It makes no sense whatsoever to not have school. None. I recommend everyone listen to Clay Travis show Outkick. He’s the only person in the sports media calling out what a farce this is. It’s willful ignorance of statistics that is politically motivated. Country 10% full of scared cucks. It’s pathetic this 10% sets policy over everyone.

homie1975

Novel means "new" so there is much to learn.

Jury still out on potential long term health damage to internal organs.

Vaccine will take minimum one year as human trials start this month at Moderna and take 12 mos to track results and side effects etc.

Contrary to what many believe, COVID 19 will be here past election day.

Bioweapons are real, they shouldn't be taken lightly.

Chess vs checkers

cybersharp
    Update your status

You're assuming the total infected plus asymptomatics totals 50M but we don't know the true asymptomatic number
    number.

Deaths vs cases = 3.9%

Again, chess vs checkers
    Not sure what that ratio in bold above signifies; it lacks clear context. What IS quite clear is the CDC's
    official estimate of the COVID-19 fatality rate: 0.27% as I stated above. Not sure what 50M you're
    referring to, either.

That's one out of every 371 people! Mostly older, sick people, which actually scares me because I'm 68
    but enjoy good health.

Healthy, strong college aged males playing football? Why NOT allow this? It's crazy not to.

You can put away the chessboard too. I'm just putting facts into what I believe is proper context.

homie1975

Not sure what that ratio in bold above signifies; it lacks clear context. What IS quite clear is the CDC's
    official estimate of the COVID-19 fatality rate: 0.27% as I stated above. Not sure what 50M you're
    referring to, either.

That's one out of every 371 people! Mostly older, sick people, which actually scares me because I'm 68
    but enjoy good health.

Healthy, strong college aged males playing football? Why NOT allow this? It's crazy not to.

You can put away the chessboard too. I'm just putting facts into what I believe is proper context.
    Boy all of those smaller conferences who scrapped football already for the Fall must have some real "brain surgeons" working for them, huh? LEADERS who made it to the top making the decision to scrap football. what fools, right?

the only reason the Power 5 have not done it yet is one reason: MONEY. that's why this is dragging out so long.

and FYI, 3.9% of KNOWN CASES in the USA have died. what we do NOT know is how many asymptomatics are walking around, how many already had it but it was undiagnosed, and how many Never had it.

right now, 3.9% of ALL KNOWN CASES have been fatalities.

until we know who had it and recovered, who has or had it and was asymptomatic, we will simply not know what the TRUE IFR is.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

The problem with ncaa playing is it a bad look, if kids not in school and you not paying these “student athletes” even if we agree the risk is next to nil it doesn’t matter. There to many crazies who don’t agree with the risk being almost 0. It just impossible to justify it. The pros getting paid a different story, they grown men earning a living just like many of us are going to work doing the same thing (weighing the minimal risk vs reward).

2daBank

Homie we all know those fatality numbers are being skewed drastically. Not to mention the death rate when young healthy ppl contract it is close to 0!! The fact older ppl with mostly preexisting conditions sometimes die is irrelevant when talking about the rest of us athlete or not! Please don’t quote me one of the 4 cases a younger healthy person has died from it!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    The problem with ncaa playing is it a bad look, if kids not in school and you not paying these “student athletes” even if we agree the risk is next to nil it doesn’t matter. There to many crazies who don’t agree with the risk being almost 0. It just impossible to justify it. The pros getting paid a different story, they grown men earning a living just like many of us are going to work doing the same thing (weighing the minimal risk vs reward).
    unfair to ask 19-23 year olds to stay in a "bubble" for 3-4 mos and not get see mom, dad, grandma, grandpa

WHAT PART DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND: WE MUST PROTECT OUR ELDERLY AND IMMUNO-COMPROMISED. YOUNG PEOPLE MAY NOT BE AFFECTED BUT CAN STILL EASILY SPREAD IT. NO SYMPTOMS YET STILL CARRYING VS COLD/FLU WHERE THE SYMPTOMS ARE OBVIOUS. COVID IS A BEAST. BIOWEAPON.

ALSO: TONS OF OL AROUND THE COUNTRY ARE OBESE AND VERY LIKELY HAVE UNDERLYING HEALTH ISSUES. MAJOR RISK

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

The University of Texas sent out an email to season ticket holders yesterday saying their plan is to play a full college football season with the stadium at 50% capacity.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Not even close. I had it in Mar/April in an area that was overrun, know plenty of people as well. And there's a new "spike" that's hitting the youngsters. I know 2 people who were hospitalized, 0 fatalities.

Over half the fatalities were in nursing homes - and even then most of those fatalities were due to covid-positive patients being returned to them.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Not even close. I had it in Mar/April in an area that was overrun, know plenty of people as well. And there's a new "spike" that's hitting the youngsters. I know 2 people who were hospitalized, 0 fatalities.

Over half the fatalities were in nursing homes - and even then most of those fatalities were due to covid-positive patients being returned to them.
    tell that to the people at the top of the conferences who also scrapped football in the fall.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

2daBank

unfair to ask 19-23 year olds to stay in a "bubble" for 3-4 mos and not get see mom, dad, grandma, grandpa

WHAT PART DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND: WE MUST PROTECT OUR ELDERLY AND IMMUNO-COMPROMISED. YOUNG PEOPLE MAY NOT BE AFFECTED BUT CAN STILL EASILY SPREAD IT. NO SYMPTOMS YET STILL CARRYING VS COLD/FLU WHERE THE SYMPTOMS ARE OBVIOUS. COVID IS A BEAST. BIOWEAPON.

ALSO: TONS OF OL AROUND THE COUNTRY ARE OBESE AND VERY LIKELY HAVE UNDERLYING HEALTH ISSUES. MAJOR RISK
    I have no sympathy for big fat ppl, less of them riding the fat carts at wal mart the better!

What don’t you get about the elderly and immune comprised should be the ones STAYING INSIDE and away from the rest of us! How selfish are they to think life should stop for all of us just cause they at risk!!! If I was old and decrepit I would protect myself by staying away from others as I hope they continue their lives and play sports so I have something to watch while I’m inside quarantining!!!

They don’t need to stay in bubble. Most them don’t see parents or grandparents much during school year. How hard is it to get a test before going home for holiday?

But like I was saying, it the drama queens like you why I think ncaa so unlikely to play. Congrats. You on crack If you think nfl gonna pass up all that tv money over some interweb whiners such as yourself.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

5 percent of the people in the world yet 25 percent of the deaths with a jackass in charge. Lets keep listening to him and see if things change. Open up all of those schools!! This is such an early stage in this rotten disease but we have guys crying for sports because it takes up a big part of their lives. How pathetic can your life be if sports are your lifeline?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    5 percent of the people in the world yet 25 percent of the deaths with a jackass in charge. Lets keep listening to him and see if things change. Open up all of those schools!! This is such an early stage in this rotten disease but we have guys crying for sports because it takes up a big part of their lives. How pathetic can your life be if sports are your lifeline?
    I enjoy being pathetic, and expect to be entertained. Carry on.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

tell that to the people at the top of the conferences who also scrapped football in the fall.
    I don't talk to them - but if you think 1 out of every 25 people who get Covid die then you're dealing in complete falsehoods.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Could see where only the Sec plays games

homie1975

I have no sympathy for big fat ppl, less of them riding the fat carts at wal mart the better!

What don’t you get about the elderly and immune comprised should be the ones STAYING INSIDE and away from the rest of us! How selfish are they to think life should stop for all of us just cause they at risk!!! If I was old and decrepit I would protect myself by staying away from others as I hope they continue their lives and play sports so I have something to watch while I’m inside quarantining!!!

They don’t need to stay in bubble. Most them don’t see parents or grandparents much during school year. How hard is it to get a test before going home for holiday?

But like I was saying, it the drama queens like you why I think ncaa so unlikely to play. Congrats. You on crack If you think nfl gonna pass up all that tv money over some interweb whiners such as yourself.
    you don't think the players see their families before and after games in a normal non-pandemic year?

i am calling this like it is and you cannot handle it. sorry. i am telling the truth. if i was in the minority or not thinking like a Leader does (i happen to Lead teams) then i would not know as much as i do.

loudmouths in the majority or minority do not make the decisions, the Virus makes the decisions and the Leaders follow.

it is happening all over the country.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i will miss CFB as much as anyone. NO ONE ON EARTH WILL MISS IT MORE THAN I WILL. i have been a diehard fan of CFB since i was 10 yrs old in 1985. 35 straight years i follow scores and games every sat even when i am out of town (Rarely happens in fall unless wedding or funeral). i plan all my major life events around the CFB calendar so they do not interfere with Fall Saturdays.

but i have to face the reality and it sucks: i see NO PATH to playing a college football season this Fall.

i hate saying it, i hate it, but the case spike the past 4 weeks fukking ruined everything.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

The WUHAN-VIRUS has the last word...

cybersharp
    Update your status

and FYI, 3.9% of KNOWN CASES in the USA have died. what we do NOT know is how many asymptomatics are walking around, how many already had it but it was undiagnosed, and how many Never had it.
    Then HOW do you explain the CDC's stated fatality rate of 0.27%? Are you saying
    they're wrong, and that you know more than they?

And by the way, ALL those smaller-conference schools who cancelled football did so
    for one reason: CASH. Football isn't a cash cow for them -- more likely a traditional
    burden they tolerate for student morale purposes. They aren't getting MILLIONS
    from TV and rich graduates like the big boys do.

No doubt the cancellation of football was a relief for them; more emphasis on ACTUAL
    education. Not to mention they probably dismissed their coaching staffs too...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You just said everything we need to know about you in one sentence. "I'd bet you but I'm broke." You are broke because you are totally stupid, have absolutely no knowledge about sports, or what you are talking about. This place is littered with losers. Now we get another one.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 247

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    The WUHAN-VIRUS has the last word...

This is basically my mind minus the corona

homie1975

Then HOW do you explain the CDC's stated fatality rate of 0.27%? Are you saying
    they're wrong, and that you know more than they?

And by the way, ALL those smaller-conference schools who cancelled football did so
    for one reason: CASH. Football isn't a cash cow for them -- more likely a traditional
    burden they tolerate for student morale purposes. They aren't getting MILLIONS
    from TV and rich graduates like the big boys do.

No doubt the cancellation of football was a relief for them; more emphasis on ACTUAL
    education. Not to mention they probably dismissed their coaching staffs too...
    it would be .39% not .27% because CDC estimates the true infection rate is about 10 times the Positive rate of 3.985M

by the way if everyone gets in the USA, 331 mil people, a .27% death rate is 893,700 people dying.

compare that the max flu deaths in one season of 85,000 in 2016/17
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Nappyx

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Could see where only the Sec plays games
    If the optics weren’t so bad the SEC would play with full stadiums. All of the students at one SEC school must be covid tested before arriving on campus, that tells me that the schools are still trying to play a season. Each school is on their own though. Zero leadership and big announcements coming at the end of the month. What tells me more than anything is that there Are zero marketing and commercials on the first game of the season and this is late July.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

i just left walmart... thats all ima say.

cybersharp
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You just said everything we need to know about you in one sentence. "I'd bet you but I'm broke." You are broke because you are totally stupid, have absolutely no knowledge about sports, or what you are talking about. This place is littered with losers. Now we get another one.
    F*ck you, you arrogant prick. I've forgotten more about sports than you ever knew, and I don't
    feel any need to prove it. BTW, you can disagree with someone without insulting them, or making
    clownish assumptions about them.

Try it sometime.

cybersharp
    Update your status

it would be .39% not .27% because CDC estimates the true infection rate is about 10 times the Positive rate of 3.985M

by the way if everyone gets in the USA, 331 mil people, a .27% death rate is 893,700 people dying.

compare that the max flu deaths in one season of 85,000 in 2016/17
    Definitely a staggering comparison, except for one thing: that admitted ASSUMPTION that
    everyone in the USA will get this superflu in a single year. Without being TOO optimistic, I
    think that it's pretty unlikely that EVERYONE will catch it.

But I admit I'm no epidemiologist, so perhaps I AM way off when I stated that COVID-19
    is barely more deadly than normal flu. I have no knowledge of what a REALISTIC estimate
    would be.

BTW, thanks for discussing this rationally without being a complete jerk-putz about it. Some
    other guy above could learn from your good example.

homie1975

Over 1100 covid deaths today. It's going the wrong way

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

F*ck you, you arrogant prick. I've forgotten more about sports than you ever knew, and I don't
    feel any need to prove it. BTW, you can disagree with someone without insulting them, or making
    clownish assumptions about them.

Try it sometime.
    You can't prove it because you are nothing but a blowhard lying piece of feeces. You know NOTHING about sports and the more you run your uneducated mouth, the more you prove it. You are nothing more than a broke little boy looking for attention. Go back home to mommy. By the way, I would love to rearrange your face if you ever get enough money to meet me.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Why would you want to watch 19 year olds kids play backyard football when NFL is coming on in like a month? "Oh, they play with so much heart!" F outta here. They play with wild emotions. Emotions lead to mistakes, leads to sloppiness. You want to watch pewee league or you want to watch technicians?

Football is a craft like any other. The best players are older, plain and simple.

College sports are a horrible product, always have been, always will be.

The things you see that are "amazing plays" are really foolish mistakes by the defense/offense in reality.

First 1234567 ... Last