1. #1
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 25,296
    Betpoints: 26

    Devonta Freeman Overvalues Himself

    Devonta Freeman may have some unrealistic expectations for himself this offseason coming off a rough year, and the veteran running back now needs a new agent.

    Michael Silver of NFL.com reports that Freemanís agent, Kristin Campbell, has terminated her relationship with the 28-year-old. Campbell negotiated Freemanís last contract with the Atlanta Falcons, which was a four-year, $41.25 million extension.

    The Seattle Seahawks made Freeman an offer back in May, and itís possible Campbell felt that was a fair deal that the two-time Pro Bowler should have taken. Freeman turned it down and the Seahawks signed Carlos Hyde. There have since been reports that Freeman is willing to sit out the 2020 season if he doesnít get an offer he deems fair.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  2. #2
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 25,296
    Betpoints: 26

    I read in the media that Tampa Bay Buccaneers are interested. A number of teams are interested, but we can’t negotiate through the media, the Buccaneers can reach out to me directly ..

    - Devonta Freeman 6/8/20

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  3. #3
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 89,007
    Betpoints: 60

    Freeman was a product of shannyís offense who makes just about any running back look good. Since shanny left as OC to take over in San Fran freeman just been a guy, a guy who seems to be nicked up a lot.

  4. #4
    pavyracer
    Julia Alex.
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 67,916
    Betpoints: 2042

    He should wait until season starts. Then once running backs start dropping like flies due to covid-19 he will sign for a very good deal.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/10/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  5. #5
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 89,007
    Betpoints: 60

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    He should wait until season starts. Then once running backs start dropping like flies due to covid-19 he will sign for a very good deal.
    I canít see any team giving him a big deal. One their rbís go down they will plug in a 5th rounder on the minimum.

  6. #6
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 21,061
    Betpoints: 14

    2-3 years ago he was worth that. His numbers and availability(been injured quite a bit) are on the downswing the past few years. I'd rather just go with a low priced rookie as well. He won't have a job next season if he sticks to his guns.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  7. #7
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 89,007
    Betpoints: 60

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    2-3 years ago he was worth that. His numbers and availability(been injured quite a bit) are on the downswing the past few years. I'd rather just go with a low priced rookie as well. He won't have a job next season if he sticks to his guns.
    It was the shanny effect. That Mosart kid in San Fran thinks he should get a big raise now. If he was smart instead of asking for a trade he would show out for a entire year on the 2 mil or so he stands to make then cash in next season.

  8. #8
    Hman
    All Of My Kindness Is Taken For Weakness
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 17,397
    Betpoints: 473

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I read in the media that Tampa Bay Buccaneers are interested. A number of teams are interested, but we can’t negotiate through the media, the Buccaneers can reach out to me directly ..

    - Devonta Freeman 6/8/20
    They've been talking about this for weeks, but believe Tampa lost interest because he does indeed want too much

  9. #9
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 21,061
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    It was the shanny effect. That Mosart kid in San Fran thinks he should get a big raise now. If he was smart instead of asking for a trade he would show out for a entire year on the 2 mil or so he stands to make then cash in next season.
    Running back is not the position to play if you want to get paid. No team is going to make big investments at that position anymore. Can just plug in a rookie with fresh legs as you said.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  10. #10
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 89,007
    Betpoints: 60

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Running back is not the position to play if you want to get paid. No team is going to make big investments at that position anymore. Can just plug in a rookie with fresh legs as you said.
    True. You can still do pretty well for yourself but def not getting the kind of money wrs will be. The duel threat guys like mccaffery still making out good, he just got a huge extension this offseason.

    Dallas prob already starting to regret the Zeke deal, his numbers have dipped some pretty much every season and McCarthy never been known for coaching great rushing attacks.

  11. #11
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 5,681
    Betpoints: 8518

    running backs are worthless, they should grab money whenever they see it

  12. #12
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 89,007
    Betpoints: 60

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    running backs are worthless, they should grab money whenever they see it
    I disagree they worthless but the ones with value are when they on the rookie deals. That lsu kid kc drafted gonna have a big year catching passes out of backfield in that offense me thinks. I got down on him to win rookie of the year at +700 i think.

Top