Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Penny Hardaway Accuses G-League Of Player Tampering

The former Memphis star turned Memphis head coach said in a video interview to media released Friday that he disagrees with the league's latest on-court approach.

“For me, I didn’t think the G League was built—and I could be wrong—to go and recruit kids that want to go to college out of going to college,” he said. “I thought they were going to be the organization that was going to be, if you want to go overseas or you absolutely did not want to play college 100%, that this would be the best situation for you before you go into the NBA.

“But taking guys out of their commitments [or] they’ve already signed and continuing to talk to their parents, it’s almost like tampering. I really don’t agree with that.”

The G League's pathway program is already having a direct impact on the Tigers' program. Sports Illustrated All-American Player of the Year Jalen Green was expected to join Memphis had he not elected to forgo his collegiate career in favor of joining a non-NBA team affiliated franchise.

Next year, Green, and a number of other top high school prospect Class of 2020, will take part in the G League's one-year developmental program.

Per Sports Illustrated's Jeremy Woo, the salary range for the top prospects in the pathway program is believed to be in the range of $500,000, including incentives and sponsorship opportunities.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Oh no! You mean it’s only gonna be the guys who truly want their degree, who receive scholarships. What a shame.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

G League will kill college hoops

Huge mistakes

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

when he was coaching high school kids i wonder if he gave two fukks around this

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A fight between cousins regarding University of Memphis basketball coach Penny Hardaway led to a physical altercation and attempted murder charges being filed against a Mid-South man.

According to police, first responders were called to the 1100 block of Haynes on July 3 after a man was shot in the chest.

The victim told police that he was inside the home when he got into a fight with his cousin over whether or not Hardaway was a good coach. The verbal altercation escalated and that’s when Tyrone Taylor allegedly punched the man in the face before pulling out a gun and firing.

Taylor was taken into custody on Thursday and charged with attempted second-degree murder, employment of a firearm and being a convicted felon in possession of a gun.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Yeah, g league LOL

Have fun playing in front of 25 people and the vast majority will be paid jack shit

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    ..The victim told police that he was inside the home when he got into a fight with his cousin over whether or not Hardaway was a good coach. The verbal altercation escalated and that’s when Tyrone Taylor allegedly punched the man in the face before pulling out a gun and firing....
    WTF?