BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Big 10 and Pac 12 have gone to conference games only this season. The SEC Commish has a "high to very high" concern about football being played in 2020. The Big 10 Commish is "very concerned" about the 2020 season. The handwriting is on the wall.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The Big 10 and Pac 12 have gone to conference games only this season. The SEC Commish has a "high to very high" concern about football being played in 2020. The Big 10 Commish is "very concerned" about the 2020 season. The handwriting is on the wall.
    yes, they are providing the clues as to where their minds are, no doubt about it. i believe they will have to decide this month, they cannot wait until august or even worse, sept. they have to get kids out on the practice field for at least one month before a game can be played. there are too many fluid and moving parts here. they are dragging out the decision as long as they can to completely cancel it but we are moving that way extremely fast, basically daily.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Sucks for Notre Dame. They had USC, Stanford, and Wisconsin on their schedule and have to cancel all three. I was actually planning on going to the game at Lambeau with ND-Wisky and have to cancel now. Sounds like ND will add two ACC games to their schedule to go with the other 6 they already have on there. Not sure they're officially going to join the conference or not but will play a full ACC schedule.

I personally think the Committee should go to a 6-team playoff this season. SEC champ, ACC champ, Big 10 champ, Big 12 champ, Pac-12 champ, and Non-Power 5/ND. Top two seeds in the poll get a bye.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

With records for Covid-19 increases being set every day, the Pro's would be crazy to have the season start on time, much less the Colleges. No way in hell I play this season. Even a mild case of the virus can cause permanent damage. We simply do not know. Definitely not worth the risk IMO.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 858

With records for Covid-19 increases being set every day, the Pro's would be crazy to have the season start on time, much less the Colleges. No way in hell I play this season. Even a mild case of the virus can cause permanent damage. We simply do not know. Definitely not worth the risk IMO.
    Trump said it’s a hoax. I think they play.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Even if they play it'll be almost impossible to last the season with no cases because of different circumstances including guys sneaking out or bringing girls in to bang periodically, can't resist the temptation

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Just cancel the whole season

This is pointless
    Well stop voting liberal then you idiot!

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Why are soo many gamblers liberal??? JFC

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    Even if they play it'll be almost impossible to last the season with no cases because of different circumstances including guys sneaking out or bringing girls in to bang periodically, can't resist the temptation
    True.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It would be good if there was only conference games every week at least it’ll be much more competitive, a lot of those nonconference games are terrible

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    It has changed. It's gotten worse! Every state outside NY and NJ are worse now. Spikes everywhere
    Reportedly worse. We don't know what the numbers were before widespread testing. Pointless to speculate number, imo, when we will never know how accurate the information truly is.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Agree with the o.p

What is the point to limiting games to only the conference!
    That's one of the dumbest things I've heard this year

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Agree with the o.p

it was to free up another three our four weeks of the season so they can resched games that might have to be canceled due to conf games needing canceling because of positive COVID clusters etc

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

This conversation is all about nothing. With the skyrocketing surge in Covid-19, the season is finished. Too many idiot young people out there who just do not get the message. L.A. County leads the way. Maybe they should put the warnings in Spanish as well as English. At least most of the people in L.A. would understand them if they did that.

homie1975

This conversation is all about nothing. With the skyrocketing surge in Covid-19, the season is finished. Too many idiot young people out there who just do not get the message. L.A. County leads the way. Maybe they should put the warnings in Spanish as well as English. At least most of the people in L.A. would understand them if they did that.
    TX and FL significantly lower in pop vs CA in the multi millions but their cases are higher daily now than CA

Rank State July 2019 Estimate
    1 California 39,512,223
    2 Texas 28,995,881
    3 Florida 21,477,737

Covid Cases

CA 346,445
    FL 301,810
    TX 285,772

per CAPITA, CA doing better than TX and FL

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Homie. STOP trying to defend that s**thole state that California has become. You have to be a complete and total FOOL to live in a State where the main goal is to tax it's residents as much as possible so they can feed, clothe, house and give free health care to a bunch if illegals who live there. The State drives wealthy White Americans like myself out, and replaces them with with minimum wage or illegal workers who pay little or no taxes. The Public School System K-12 is terrible, ranking between 37th and 38th depending on who you want to believe. There is NO defense for California and the Liberal fools who control the State, and the fools who allow them to tax people to death. You have to look for two states who have a worse rate than California, yet you totally ignore the 47 States who are doing much better than California. That is a LOSER'S defense.

homie1975

BD I was just comparing TX and FL since you singled out CA

I haven't crunched the numbers bet I already know that per capita CA is amongst the best ratios of cases vs poplulation in the entire country. Our governor seems to be a bonehead but many counties are following suit so it's widespread nonsense in this state.

As far as how we've done vs COVID when compared to the other 49 states? We are amongst the best.

TX and FL numbers per capita exceed us. Again just two examples because they are the 2nd and 3rd most populous states in the union.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Agree with the o.p

it was to free up another three our four weeks of the season so they can resched games that might have to be canceled due to conf games needing canceling because of positive COVID clusters etc

It really is all for the flexibility. Not just to reschedule, but as the Big 10 pointed out, logistically it becomes a lot easier to cancel the season when there was less travel, and other schools to worry about.

Limiting to just conference play is just the first step to cancelling altogether.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    It really is all for the flexibility. Not just to reschedule, but as the Big 10 pointed out, logistically it becomes a lot easier to cancel the season when there was less travel, and other schools to worry about.

Limiting to just conference play is just the first step to cancelling altogether.
    agreed, and it is awful to imagine this Fall with no College Foots. Just awful.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

If they had to start today, I think the league would be held hostage by UCLA and USC being up in the air.

Los Angeles might impose some serious restrictions.

homie1975

If they had to start today, I think the league would be held hostage by UCLA and USC being up in the air.

Los Angeles might impose some serious restrictions.
    yes the spread is pretty bad over here and those schools would definitely be under restriction. Maybe CAL and Stanford also ??

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

yes the spread is pretty bad over here and those schools would definitely be under restriction. Maybe CAL and Stanford also ??
    It's kind of weird. We hardly hear much out of the bay area.

Like what happened in Seattle with downtown being overrun, I would have bet the farm it would have happened in SF first...lol.

It's shutdown and very quiet over there, even when it came to riots and protests.

Stanford, one of the largest athletic deparmtents in the country with 36 or so sports just cut, I think it was 11, of those programs. Major budget issues.

But even being up here, and closer to the bay, there is surprisingly little "big" news.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The Rose Parade Association make it much easier to go to a Spring Football season by canceling the Parade until the Spring, probably Memorial Day. While their are many events normally run that weekend, the Auto Races (Indy 500 and Coke 600) and run on the Sunday before the Holiday. That means that if the season is pushed back to the Spring, The Rose Bowl Game would probably be played on Memorial Day itself. Certainly not the best solution to the problem, but a potential solution none the less. Personally, I would much rather see the season cancelled and resume normal activities in 2021, but that is just one man's opinion.

homie1975

^ BD - CFB power 5 conf don't give a hoot what the rose parade is doing. i don't think it matters one bit that the parade is canceled. if the season gets canceled it is because of the unnatural spike going on in AZ, CA, FL and TX

i am telling you guys - the eyes of the USA and the sports world (specifically CFB and the NFL) are currently on those 4 states

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I doubt we see CFB this year. Too much liability on the universities, unless they make the players sign a waiver that will never happen. Can you imagine the scandal when a player dies of Covid? A lot of linemen are overweight and not really in excellent shape.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I doubt we see CFB this year. Too much liability on the universities, unless they make the players sign a waiver that will never happen. Can you imagine the scandal when a player dies of Covid? A lot of linemen are overweight and not really in excellent shape.
    1000% agree on everything you said in this piece. if it were your son would you let him play after signing a waiver releasing the university, conference, NCAA of all liability? absolutely no way.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I get the feeling a flood of cancellations are coming.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I get the feeling a flood of cancellations are coming.
    They are delaying the inevitable. I can see the NFL restart because the players get paid and sign a contract, so their liability is low. If administrators decide to play CFB, they are going to look like evil, money grabbers that don’t care about the kids.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    They are delaying the inevitable. I can see the NFL restart because the players get paid and sign a contract, so their liability is low. If administrators decide to play CFB, they are going to look like evil, money grabbers that don’t care about the kids.
    Yeah and the numbers themselves dictate it. Even when you count the staffing, there are so many more NCAA people involved, so many teams, so many more people to be concerned with across the nation.

I read the NBA bubble cost them some 150 million to pull off, and they left some teams out.

Not sure if the NFL is looking at any kind of bubble situation but it would crazy if they tried now.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

It's only 3 pm on the Best Coast (only joking about that moniker) and we have so far nationally:

61,109 new cases
    782 new deaths

two words: Virulence and Velocity

this Fugger is getting stronger. the CFB is all but canceled, just a matter of time now

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Interesting read here and I put the chart in the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Who are we kidding?

Does anyone really believe kids will be on campus this fall?

Several FCS conference have already canceled football.

Keep voting for those democrats!

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...inous-warning/

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

The Pac-12 Conference announced Monday morning football’s media days are being postponed “until further notice.”

Media days were scheduled to run next week, July 29-31.

The full statement from the conference:

In light of the decision by the Pac-12 CEO Group to schedule Conference-only play and to delay a move to mandatory athletic activities, the 2020 Pac-12 Football Media Days presented by 76® has been postponed until further notice. Originally set for July 29-31, the event will be rescheduled at a later date to be determined.

homie1975

Over 1100 covid deaths today. It's going the wrong way

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

Over 1100 covid deaths today. It's going the wrong way
    Lets not forget who cause most of those deaths?

NY PA NJ CA MI MN deaths=70,898=near HALF of US total deaths

@NYGovCuomo 32535
    @GovMurphy 15756
    @GavinNewsom 7611
    @GovernorTomWolf 7968
    @GovWhitmer 6355
    @GovTimWalz 1573

ALL DEMOCRATS

First 123 Last