2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Just listened to this song

Great

What a lyrical genius

So many entendres
    He unquestionably super talented. I just didn’t relate to many his topics. He got a few songs I think are great, for most part I wasn’t playing him much in the car. I had a friend who listened to pretty much nothing but, I got more than my fill anytime got in his car, I always asked him if he was gay for dude. lol.

Is he still off the pills?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    He unquestionably super talented. I just didn’t relate to many his topics. He got a few songs I think are great, for most part I wasn’t playing him much in the car. I had a friend who listened to pretty much nothing but, I got more than my fill anytime got in his car, I always asked him if he was gay for dude. lol.

Is he still off the pills?
    Yeah think he hasn't done anything in a long time.

Tough for some people to relate to his stuff but if you just appreciate rap lyrics and flow, I really don't think he can be topped. Nas was also good for a stretch of time but Eminem made better beats, more hits, and kept that lyrical flow up for many more years. I don't really think we've ever seen a rapper like Em as far as artistry. He really takes his craft seriously. Most of these other guys come up with a song in like a day, whereas I can see Em slaving over his lyrics for awhile before he drops a song.

2daBank

Tough for some people to relate to his stuff but if you just appreciate rap lyrics and flow, I really don't think he can be topped. Nas was also good for a stretch of time but Eminem made better beats, more hits, and kept that lyrical flow up for many more years. I don't really think we've ever seen a rapper like Em as far as artistry. He really takes his craft seriously. Most of these other guys come up with a song in like a day, whereas I can see Em slaving over his lyrics for awhile before he drops a song.
    Wayne can be close with his flow, Wayne my dude, that guy prob does more drugs than me! Lol

Goat Milk

Wayne can be close with his flow, Wayne my dude, that guy prob does more drugs than me! Lol
    Wayne is amazing as well. He's on another planet.

Wayne Pac Eminem Nas Lupe -- love those guys. Would even throw Kanye in that mix. Never cared as much for Jay Z and since I loved Pac I kinda was Salty towards Biggie growing up but I appreciate him too.

2daBank

Wayne is amazing as well. He's on another planet.

Wayne Pac Eminem Nas Lupe -- love those guys. Would even throw Kanye in that mix. Never cared as much for Jay Z and since I loved Pac I kinda was Salty towards Biggie growing up but I appreciate him too.
    Lol. Yea I was never huge east coast fan but I appreciated jay and biggie later on. Nobody even wanted to let Kanye rap, just wanted his beats. Then he dropped college dropout and blew mf’ers away, That was a really really good cd.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Kobe was in his rookie year the last time eminem was popular

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Kobe was in his rookie year the last time eminem was popular
    Eminem didn't even drop his first album till Kobe won his first ring. Chill. Em had some of the best albums ever. No respect around here. SBR full of haters.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

It was a joke. Settle down.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

So, I think Eminem has always been a master of wordplay and rhyme, but he overdoes it at times. You can write a memorable, meaningful line without it being yet another pun. It can just wear on the listener when it's excessive and gimmicky

Example lyric: "Now you get to watch her leave out the window / guess that's why they call it window pane"

That's lame as fk. Is it clever? Only slightly. That doesn't make it a good line. Eminem is actually at his best when he's not trying to do some pun or wordplay with every line, but is just saying shit from his perspective

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Trailer trash that could make a few catchy rap songs back in the day and at the right time when rap was big and when CD's were selling in the stores.. He's been riding that gravy train til today. I see alot of drive in life but I don't see alot of talent there IMO..

Not that impressed!! He hit the rap bubble at the right time and cashed in.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lol clown trying to get attention

Washed up rapper
    google the sales of his last album that dropped without any promotion out of the blue in the middle of the night and get back to us JJ

no wonder you can't gamble on sports and win... not even a little

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    google the sales of his last album that dropped without any promotion out of the blue in the middle of the night and get back to us JJ

no wonder you can't gamble on sports and win... not even a little
    Please tell me you not daring to imply slim shady is maybe a tad more successful than JJ!! Pure nonsense.

According to many it sounds like his success was mostly dumb luck or unwarranted. We here at SBR have incredibly high standards to define success and apparently being one the best selling rap artist of all time doesn’t quite make the cut!!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Please tell me you not daring to imply slim shady is maybe a tad more successful than JJ!! Pure nonsense.

According to many it sounds like his success was mostly dumb luck or unwarranted. We here at SBR have incredibly high standards to define success and apparently being one the best selling rap artist of all time doesn’t quite make the cut!!
    nah a lot of posters here are just old as penetrate so they don't give a shit about rap

kind of like how huge rap fans of the 90s, early 2000s mostly hate and don't give a shit about any of the "mumble" "rappers" and only listen to a new artist once in a great while when someone decent comes along

circle of life lol

these guys just can't keep up with the lyrics or the meaning of the lines because they don't know the context behind most of it

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

eminem years ago "when I retire ill be spitting baby food on people"

he wasn't lying

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    nah a lot of posters here are just old as penetrate so they don't give a shit about rap

kind of like how huge rap fans of the 90s, early 2000s mostly hate and don't give a shit about any of the "mumble" "rappers" and only listen to a new artist once in a great while when someone decent comes along

circle of life lol

these guys just can't keep up with the lyrics or the meaning of the lines because they don't know the context behind most of it
    I fall into the category of not liking much the new stuff, some of it ok but given the choice ill always go with the stuff from the late 90s thru ‘10 or so.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I like rap in small doses.. Old school only..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Beastie Boys were tough.. Way better then Eminem..

Watch this old school Ireland live vid all the way thru on a good sound system and you will become a believer.. Beasties were solid!!!

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1240

Jibby you are whiter then a marshmallow.

This thread is so comedic. 40-50 year old men talking about something they know nothing about

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Eminem stats (since u boys like that stuff)...

net worth $230 million in 2019..

global record sales over 200 million...

10 number one albums on Billboard 200..

15 grammy awards...

8 American music awards...

17 Billboard music awards...

But I'm sure he's losing sleep over many of you boys and your dumbass opinions about him..

First 123