Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    The same he did while coaching Army. There's a reason he went to the ACC. Don't hate.

(I'm a Carolina fan by the way, but can't dispute greatness).
    I certainly don't "hate" Coach K, I only said he's been spoiled by coaching DUKE.

Coach K at Army, 1975-80
    73–59 record and one NIT berth in five seasons.
    Lost first game in the NIT berth to Rutgers.
    Last season (1979-80) finished 9-17.
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/army/

first 3 seasons at Duke with regular players
    17-13, 10-17, 11-17. Then Duke started becoming "DUKE" as we know it, because the NCAA modernized.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

He ain't no Robert Montgomery Knight.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

They took away Boeheims wins for much less.

NCAA needs to give Boeheim back his W’s
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pablo222

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

He’s one of the most overrated coaches in the NCAA, he’s a decent defensive coach but he can’t coach offense at all. Dukes offense when Zion was out was embarrassing.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I certainly don't "hate" Coach K, I only said he's been spoiled by coaching DUKE.

Coach K at Army, 1975-80
    73–59 record and one NIT berth in five seasons.
    Lost first game in the NIT berth to Rutgers.
    Last season (1979-80) finished 9-17.
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/army/

first 3 seasons at Duke with regular players
    17-13, 10-17, 11-17. Then Duke started becoming "DUKE" as we know it, because the NCAA modernized.
    You have it backwards. Duke became DUKE because of Coach K, not despite it and not because of "modernization". It's Duke that's become spoiled. K could quit tomorrow and have any job he wanted, including the NBA.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

If Coach K goes down? He won't go down alone. Likes of Williams, Self, Izzo, Coach Cal and Miller go with him

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

im going to miss his pool party with the players he does every year at his home in durham

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    i still say the larger problem with today college hoops are the one and done babies, i cant believe there have been nothing to stop this problem yet.....
    That makes no sense. The point of college is supposed to be to prepare you for your chosen profession, if a kid can leave after a year and get paid he absolutely should leave. Get rid the stupid rule forcing them to do something for a year out of high school when they would be drafted at that point like bron, kobe, etc etc etc. wouldnt be as many one and done if the system didn’t basically force it. Let them be drafted out of high school then most likely not many that choose college would leave after a year, maybe a few but far less.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

If sean miller of Arizona and that LSU coach survived then coach K will easily

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    If sean miller of Arizona and that LSU coach survived then coach K will easily
    Don’t forget Self. Lol. Mfers on tape talking bout paying kids and business as usual. Coach k be just fine.

carolinakid

that what i was getting out let the babies go out of high school, dont come to college to get the tv time and leave, what i was saying i cant believe something have not been done now after all these yrs and the one and done is killing the college ball.............college basketball would be fine without these players imo. maybe i worded it wrong.sorry

2daBank

that what i was getting out let the babies go out of high school, dont come to college to get the tv time and leave, what i was saying i cant believe something have not been done now after all these yrs and the one and done is killing the college ball.............college basketball would be fine without these players imo. maybe i worded it wrong.sorry
    It was def shitty to start the whole year out of HS before they could get drafted thing. I think it was lazy gm’s missing on some those kids who wanted to see them in college for a year. NBA doesn’t really care if they hurt the college game. If they went back to drafting out of high school it would prob limit the one and done quite a bit. There might still be few outliers who blow up as freshman and bolt but for most part it be kids who want college experience and prob stay longer overall. Really not the one and done’s fault, their hand being forced to go to college for a year. Dumb to make a kid go if he doesn’t want to or need it to reach his goals.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: homie1975

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 192

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    It was def shitty to start the whole year out of HS before they could get drafted thing. I think it was lazy gm’s missing on some those kids who wanted to see them in college for a year. NBA doesn’t really care if they hurt the college game. If they went back to drafting out of high school it would prob limit the one and done quite a bit. There might still be few outliers who blow up as freshman and bolt but for most part it be kids who want college experience and prob stay longer overall. Really not the one and done’s fault, their hand being forced to go to college for a year. Dumb to make a kid go if he doesn’t want to or need it to reach his goals.
    Good post

carolinakid

i agree, good post and i agree too^^^^^

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Ive always wondered how a player can properly be evaluated strictly by playing against high school players. Ive seen it at every level. Just because you blossom early or developing skills that your peers are naturally acquiring doesn’t mean you are ready to go straight to the NBA. I don’t know what the answer is but the field is leveled pretty quickly from being one of the top high school players to just another NBA player. Of course it can be done, but i still believe that Kobe, KG, and LBJ are outliers not the normal progression of being nba stars or even bench players. It takes talent and time. I would never expect anyone else to come out of high school and pick up the nba game without growing pains like LBJ. Can a high school player just hold a roster spot?? Yes. But is that all that is wanted?? Let them go.

carolinakid

in a way that why we have street ball play in the nba today and so much one on one no defense..........^^^

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1005

Guy has been a crook forever. Finally.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    You are an idiot. If a player taking cash to join a program ended coaches careers their wouldn’t be any coaches left at top college programs. The fact Validator is still coaching shows no one cares about the corruption.
    You are right. All coaches would be done.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Jay Wright the only guy straight as an arrow

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Coach K is dirty???

No way

In other startling news, the sun came up this morning
    Honest to God.

K has been getting away with murder for a quarter of a century but at the same time while the empty suits in the NCAA front office were sweeping Mikey's dog shit under the carpet they tried to hang Mr. Calhoun on dopey trumped up phone call violations.

Granted K ain't dirty as say Tark was, but there are people still out there that think K is the Son of St. Thomas or something.
    He is not.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

It's all about the money..

Same as it ever was...

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Jay Wright the only guy straight as an arrow
    He can afford to be bevsyse he is such a damn good coach

carolinakid

what about the guy at Kentucky??

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

all ball is cheat ball..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Ive always wondered how a player can properly be evaluated strictly by playing against high school players. Ive seen it at every level. Just because you blossom early or developing skills that your peers are naturally acquiring doesn’t mean you are ready to go straight to the NBA. I don’t know what the answer is but the field is leveled pretty quickly from being one of the top high school players to just another NBA player. Of course it can be done, but i still believe that Kobe, KG, and LBJ are outliers not the normal progression of being nba stars or even bench players. It takes talent and time. I would never expect anyone else to come out of high school and pick up the nba game without growing pains like LBJ. Can a high school player just hold a roster spot?? Yes. But is that all that is wanted?? Let them go.
    It was becoming a impossible task for them which why they changed it. I understand the nba reasoning, I think most years there a exception with a kid we know out of high school will be a star. Zion didn’t need the year in college. There obviously more that would fizzle out but not sure a year of college is preparing them all that much? Most the kids who go to uk for a year then leave not a whole lot better for it imo.

2daBank

what about the guy at Kentucky??
    He has made a career off one and done! You know they all getting paid! Kinda a shame they couldn’t pay them enough to keep some those teams together for another year, they would have had some insanely good teams if kids ever stayed!!

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Everyone in here complaining for sure went to a big state school that had a trash basketball team. Probably Indiana. Their fans are the worst.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Everyone in here watched college basketball from the stands...

Some of us were on the court & know the score

First 12