Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Can we start talking about international soccer for the Euro and World Cup?

So the Euro was supposed to be this year, now it'll be next.

For the WC, will be Messi and Ronaldo's last shot at capturing that trophy. They are probably the 2 greatest soccer players in my eyes of all time.

I recall a thread I created a while back that Argentina had to beat Ecuador I think to make the WC. I suggested Messi would not be left off the WC stage, even by rig. Me and Lakerman were two of the only ones to actually understand how much FIFA values Messi and Ronaldo and how much revenue they bring, while everyone else said "no one cares about them." Ronaldo has the most followers of any human on earth, not just athlete.

TEAMS to watch for

Argentina - Will they find a way for Dybala and Messi to coexist? Dybala came off the bench in the last WC I believe, hardly even played. We're talking about one of the best players in the world here. Without him, Messi's chance of capturing a major international trophy are finished.

Portugal - Pepe will be 39 next world cup, Fonte will be 38, Eder will be 34, Moutino will be 35, and Ronaldo will be 37. Renato Sanches is a hell of a player, and should be in his prime.

France - this team is stacked from top to bottom. They will be going into the euro and the world cup with probably the best roster on paper. One of the best keepers in the world in Lloris.

Belgium - their 3 best players should all be in their prime. Hazard, Lukaku, and Du Bruyne. And their keeper, forgot his name, is one of the best in the world.

Germany - this team does not have the same superstar talent they've had in the past. Schweinsteiger gone, Ozil done, Khedira, lots of others KOd too. They do have Muller though, Kroos, Neur, and Draxler.

Brazil - I've never thought highly of Brazil for the past 15 or so years. Ever since they hired Dunga and he left Ronaldhino off the WC squad in 2010 despite him being a shell of himself (I know Lakerman remembers our discussion on that), I said they would never win. I took Netherlands to dispose of them that year in the QF or SF as a massive underdog. One of the easiest bets I've ever made. They don't have superstar talent aside from Neymar.

Netherlands - Robben Schnieder and Van Persi all done. No go for them.

Spain - lots of very good players, but they don't have the superstar talent they had when they dominated the world from 2008-2012. Inesta and Xavi two of the best midfielders in history. They had David Silva and Tores coming off the bench on those teams. LOL. Crazy. That's why I picked them to win the 2010 WC.

Tough to go through all these right now, so perhaps some other soccer guys can add to the list. I can't wait for international soccer to come back.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

France or England. England has a good young team.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    England does have a soild team. What makes you think they can win with this roster when they couldn't win with all time greats like Gerrard Lambard Rooney etc. Those past England teams had much better squads. If you break it down, usually the winner of the world cup often has one of the most stacked teams. BRazil teams of past, Italy, France squads, the recent Spain teams and Germany squads. It's easy to identify. Even the teams that make the finals, argentina and the dutch etc. Very stacked all around.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I hope your'e right with England. We do seem to be building a solid foundation in the last number of years.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Croatia very underrated again

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

France
    Croatia
    Brazil