jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Are NBA And NHL Teams In Camps???

I hear nothing about either although do not watch any sports news and or shows

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

NHL has been silent as of late

later

jjgold

strange

just call it all off

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

At least the guessing game is almost over. NHL supposed to start July 28, NBA July 30, MLB July 24. Three weeks and it’s a go or it’s done and we can then start just worry about football playing

later

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Should just call it off...virus is expanding alot.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

It will be called off.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    It will be called off.
    That is what I think

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Going back to work soon, Gold. Gonna sell losing tickets again. Can't wait. 2 weeks.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

nba i think is starting to practice at facilities but some have been shut with players or workers testing positive

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

NHL camps start on July 13. They will start moving into hub cities ( Toronto and Edmonton) on July 25. Games start August 1. Good move by the NHL to do it in Canada since the USA doesn't care about the pandemic.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...monton-toronto

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    NHL camps start on July 13. They will start moving into hub cities ( Toronto and Edmonton) on July 25. Games start August 1. Good move by the NHL to do it in Canada since the USA doesn't care about the pandemic.

i agree, canada much safer. I'm probably most happy that NHL is coming back of any sport. NHL playoffs is great!!!

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1424

Agree Canada good fit for nhl

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

NHL has a decent chance.
    Canada is at about 200-300 cases a day now with 20 deaths and dropping. POP 37 million
    Florida is 10,000 cases a day with 30 deaths and rising. POP 21 million.
    You can see why the NHL picked the Great White North.

Bubble or not there will be leaks and because a bubble will allow contract tracing, a whole team could be quarantined.
    The chance of a curfew breaker catching it in Canada is WAY less than in Florida.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Should just call it off...virus is expanding alot.

If virus expanding occurs with deaths going down

That is the exact ideal scenario

And until we see evidence that a drastic uptick in deaths occur or that hospitals will not be able to adapt and reconfigure to provide good care to those that are sick, why should we make other people suffer with loss of education, access to very necessary medical procedures, jobs, businesses, child care, ect.

The facts continue to show that as positive cases went up we have continued to have very steep decline in fatalities.

So a good combo of three main things have most likely happened.

We are testing a more and a wider swath of people. (Catching asymptomatic cases)

And more importantly.

The medical professionals have learned to treat and recuperate a higher % of these cases across all demographics, using various drug treatment and procedures shared globally..

And possibly the virus has mutated or we transmit in such lower viral loads, that the vast majority of positive infections have a better prognosis

jjgold

Thanks Archie

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Probably smart to get them there asap in case more test positive and have to isolate.

jjgold

It looks like it’s going to unravel real quick lotta people don’t wanna play now

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

What do you say guys, 50-50 we get a playoffs happening?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It looks like it’s going to unravel real quick lotta people don’t wanna play now
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...yer-opt-season

Atlanta Braves outfielder Nick Markakis has opted out of the 2020 MLB season.
    The 36-year-old said he was uneasy about playing the season without fans and then was swayed by his telephone conversation with teammate Freddie Freeman, who has tested positive for the coronavirus and has a fever and other symptoms.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Just hearing him, the way he sounded on the phone, it was tough," Markakis said Monday. "It was kind of eye-opening. With everything that's going on, not just with baseball but all over the world, it makes you open your eyes."
    EDITOR'S PICKS

Markakis became the second Braves player to opt out. Over the weekend, pitcher Felix Hernandez said he wouldn't play this year.
    Dodgers pitcher David Price, Nationals infielder Ryan Zimmerman and Rockies outfielder Ian Desmond are among the other players who have opted out.
    Braves first-base coach Eric Young Sr. also will sit out the season.
    After nine seasons with Baltimore, Markakis was entering his sixth season with Atlanta. He was competing for a spot in a crowded Braves outfield after the offseason signing of Marcell Ozuna.
    Manager Brian Snitker plans to play Ozuna and Ronald Acuna Jr. every game, though Ozuna could be the designated hitter. Markakis, Ender Inciarte, Adam Duvall and others were competing for other spots and were joined by rookies Cristian Pache and Drew Waters.
    Markakis hit .285 with nine homers and 62 RBIs in 2019, a year after he was an All-Star.
    Freeman, top setup man Will Smith, right-hander Touki Toussaint and infielder Pete Kozma tested positive for the coronavirus. Snitker said Saturday that Smith and Toussaint have no symptoms, while Kozma also has a fever.
    Snitker said Monday that the four continue to progress through protocols. He said it wouldn't be fair to the players to provide more detailed daily updates.
    Snitker said he respected the decision by Markakis, who he said is "an ultimate pro." Snitker said losing the respected veteran was a blow to the team's hopes for winning a third straight NL East title. "We'll miss him," Snitker said.
    "He's one of our backbones of our club. I know he's been thinking long and hard about it. ... When you lose a guy of that stature and what he brings and the player he is, it doesn't help you, that's for sure."
    Snitker, 64, acknowledged he also has concerns about his health during the coronavirus pandemic.
    "Honestly, yeah," Snitker said. "I feel great right here. I think I'll be fine these three weeks. The traveling worries me more than anything, I think. ... The fact we've had some positive tests makes you realize this is real. This virus is real, and it's nothing to mess with."

Markakis has three children. He said he has the "overwhelming support" of his family in his decision to miss a season he said wouldn't have been the same without fans.
    "I'm at the point in my career where I'm not chasing the money," he said. "I'm not chasing any of that. ... This game is about having fun, and having to go out there and play in an environment without fans, it's not baseball to me."
    He said he doesn't know how opting out could affect his hopes for playing in 2021.
    "We'll see. I want to see how this year plays out," Markakis said.
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

5 NBA teams shut down facilities!
    Ain't looking good!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283