2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I don’t see the big deal or why ya’ll saying it a terrible decision? If it was football sure, basketball it don’t make all that much difference in the long run. Individual talent shows in hoops, nba will find you wherever you go for a year. What ho dunk ass shit school did Pippen go to? Didn’t seem to effect his career.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave 2daBank 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Huge mistake

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I don’t see the big deal or why ya’ll saying it a terrible decision? If it was football sure, basketball it don’t make all that much difference in the long run. Individual talent shows in hoops, nba will find you wherever you go for a year. What ho dunk ass shit school did Pippen go to? Didn’t seem to effect his career.
    i think the terrible decision is him being a whore for the media narrative

puts a spotlight on him for better or worse, and it's always worse... ask any multi millionaire celebrity if they would make the same decisions, and almost all of them would say they would rather be a regular joe that can just go eat a sandwich in peace

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    yuuuuup

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

He's one and done at Kentucky and making millions. Now?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's a free country. If he wants to go to Howard then good for him... FWIW, I was on the Howard campus 3 years ago. I was the only white person around and everyone I met acted with class and treated me great.

I think the real question is why do 5 star recruits go to college at all? They could play in Europe or China for a year and become millionaires. If the disaster scenario occurred and they suffered a career ending injury they could easily pay for college and have hundreds of thousands of dollars left over.
    i was on their campus 20+ years ago and I was very impressed. 70% of students are women in sundresses. Howard’s law school and business schools are top 25. 15% of students are white btw. Plus it’s in one of the most powerful cities in the country/world. Lexington, Memphis, etc., can’t compare as cities to live in.

Howard has a 7 to 1 teacher to student ratio. You’re not a number like at UF where I had a class with 900 students.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    i was on their campus 20+ years ago and I was very impressed. 70% of students are women in sundresses. Howard’s law school and business schools are top 25. 15% of students are white btw. Plus it’s in one of the most powerful cities in the country/world. Lexington, Memphis, etc., can’t compare as cities to live in.

Howard has a 7 to 1 teacher to student ratio. You’re not a number like at UF where I had a class with 900 students.
    ~~~~~~
    .Howard Enrollment Stats:

The Diversity Here is Average

We come up with an overall diversity grade for each school by looking at racial, age, geographic and gender diversity.
    Nothing too out of the ordinary, Howard University is about average ranked at #1,356.

Howard Overall Diversity Score (61 out of 100)
    less diverse

more diverse

Howard Overall Diversity Rank (1,356 out of 2,475)
    less diverse

more diverse

Poor Representation of Different Races on Campus

Seeking diverse points of view to learn with and from? This school may not be the best choice.
    Appearing near the bottom of our ranking for ethnic diversity with a ranking of #2,243, Howard University is well below average.
    However, this university is an Historically Black College or University (HBCU) with a principal mission of serving and educating the black community.

Howard Ethic Diversity Rank (2,243 out of 2,718)
    less diverse

more diverse

Take a Deeper Look at Racial Diversity at Howard

If the data is available, the following chart will display Howard undergraduate student diversity.
    Howard is not racially diverse.

The faculty's racial diversity is on par with the national average.

Male-to-Female Ratio Below Average

If you're seeking an institution with an equal mix of male and female students, this isn't the choice for you.
    At Howard University, the disparity between men and women on campus is higher than the national average. The undergraduate student body at Howard is predominantly female.
    This university is ranked at #1,753 in male to female diversity nationwide. The undergraduate population is comprised of 1,985 males and 4,369 females.

Howard Gender Diversity Rank (1,753 out of 2,718)
    less diverse

more diverse

Explore Male/Female Diversity at Howard

If available, the chart below will include the male to female percentage among Howard's undergraduate students.
    The disparity between the counts of men and women at Howard University is higher than the national average.

If available, the chart below will include the male to female percentage among Howard's faculty.
    The ratio of male to female faculty at Howard is above average.

Very High Location Diversity From Across the United States

Looking to attend a school where you can meet students from all over the U.S. and the world?
    We've decided upon the geographic diversity of each school by looking at where matriculated undergraduates lived before they attended college.
    Less than 10% of the students attending Howard University come from within District of Columbia. This puts Howard's level of geographic diversity far above the national average and gives it a national geographic diversity ranking of #66.

Howard Location Diversity Rank (66 out of 2,525)
    [COLOR=#999999 !important]less diverse

[COLOR=#999999 !important]more diverse[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    Explore Nationwide Geographic Diversity

The undergraduate student body is split among 36 states (may include Washington D.C.), as shown in the chart below.
    Presence of International Students at Howard

There is a mid sized group of about 741 international students at Howard University representing at least 32 countries. Go to the Howard International Student Page for more information.
    Age Range on Campus

Some learners prefer a campus filled with others who are a similar age to them, while some prefer a wide age range of students. Which is best for you?
    Traditionally, students range in age from 18 to 21. At Howard University, 55.5% of students are in the age 18 to 21 bracket, compared to the national average of 60%. We rank Howard #1,291 in the nation for student age diversity.

Howard Age Diversity Rank (1,291 out of 3,012)
    [COLOR=#999999 !important]less diverse

[COLOR=#999999 !important]more diverse[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    Review Age Diversity at Howard

Analyze the age range of Howard students with the following chart.
    Questions About Diversity

• What do we mean when we refer to diversity in college?
      Often when we speak of diversity, what we mean is multiculturalism, or the acceptance of people of different ethnicities, cultures, races, religions and financial backgrounds. Diversity can be a huge benefit to students, as it not only exposes them to new ideas and ways of thinking, it prepares them for the varied workforce of tomorrow, as well as inspires creativity and innovation.
    • How is Howard doing at attracting students from all income levels?
      Schools with otherwise excellent ethnic and location diversity still may not be diverse when it comes to other factors, such as financial backgrounds. Get a better idea of how Howard supports low-income students by visiting the Financial Aid Page.
    • Is Diversity Important to Howard?
      In order to achieve the most benefit from diversity on campus, seek out schools that are not only promoting diversity by actively recruiting students and hiring faculty from minority groups, but are also promoting an environment where there is positive interaction between different groups.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

If he's gonna go to the NBA, which I'm not sure cause I never seen him play, it really doesn't matter where he goes to school. Ben Simmons didn't even make the NCAA tournament and went 1 overall lol.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    If he's gonna go to the NBA, which I'm not sure cause I never seen him play, it really doesn't matter where he goes to school. Ben Simmons didn't even make the NCAA tournament and went 1 overall lol.
    So did the broken down jump shot kid from Washington who has never played an important minute in the nba. Markelle Fultz.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

If you’re good you’re going to get drafted no matter where you play
    This.

milwaukee mike

good to see the "15% white students" got corrected by 19th hole, it is really around 1%

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Maybe BET will start broadcasting their games.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    So did the broken down jump shot kid from Washington who has never played an important minute in the nba. Markelle Fultz.
    What does that even mean he is the starting PG for a playoff team. And he did play in the playoffs 2 years ago before being benched for TJ Mcconnell

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    good to see the "15% white students" got corrected by 19th hole, it is really around 1%
    White kids And others are enrolling at HBCUs in record numbers.
    aThe percentage of white students at HBCUs stood at 17 percent, according to a report last year from Pew Research Center. That figure was up from 13 percent in 1980. Data provided by the National Center for Education Statistics confirm the steady rise in white students enrolling in HBCUs from 1976 through 2004. That could be the reason, at least in part, why HBCUs saw record growth in

https://newsone.com/3822712/hbcu-enr...hite-students/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ard-turns-150/

milwaukee mike

White kids And others are enrolling at HBCUs in record numbers.
    aThe percentage of white students at HBCUs stood at 17 percent, according to a report last year from Pew Research Center. That figure was up from 13 percent in 1980. Data provided by the National Center for Education Statistics confirm the steady rise in white students enrolling in HBCUs from 1976 through 2004. That could be the reason, at least in part, why HBCUs saw record growth in

https://newsone.com/3822712/hbcu-enr...hite-students/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ard-turns-150/
    there is a difference between 15% whites at historically black colleges... and 15% at howard in particular

howard in particular has about 1% whites

i could point out that the population of washington dc is 37% white but that also wouldn't mean that howard is 37% white

he is picking one of the blackest of the black schools

https://www.collegexpress.com/lists/...-students/377/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

In today’s world of technology you can play for a Division III team and be a first round draft pick very overrated where you go to school anymore

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

there is a difference between 15% whites at historically black colleges... and 15% at howard in particular

i could point out that the population of washington dc is 37% white but that also wouldn't mean that howard is 37% white

Hampton is also 1% white. This guy is from the blackest place on Earth the Sudan. So perhaps he only want to be around black people, which if that’s the case do what makes you happy.

If blacks want to stay around blacks, it’s their right and they shouldn’t be labeled racist. Same with whites wanting to stay around whites. Wanting to be comfortable around people that are similar to your culture shouldn’t be stigmatized.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

For the most part blacks in a white areas are pretty safe but a white in a black area you’re not Safe

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Hampton is also 1% white. This guy is from the blackest place on Earth the Sudan. So perhaps he only want to be around black people, which if that’s the case do what makes you happy.

If blacks want to stay around blacks, it’s their right and they shouldn’t be labeled racist. Same with whites wanting to stay around whites. Wanting to be comfortable around people that are similar to your culture shouldn’t be stigmatized.
    absolutely!

media always praises diversity but cultures/countries/companies/etc have always thrived when they have a common culture... and they have failed and been destroyed when they DON'T

we are seeing that right now with the once-great USA, it's being destroyed by diversity and race baiting... if they would just shut up about it like morgan freeman/denzel/lil wayne have said, "racism" would go away

Mac4Lyfe

The only point I was trying to make was that HBCUs are not only open to black people. I had heard Howard was 15% white but that was wrong.

I doubt this kid cares if it’s 1% or 15%. Sounds like he’s following the coach who seems to be an excellent recruiter.

sosawestbrook

I keep telling you guys this shit is about attention.

did anybody here know who this kid was before the news came out? doubt it. now you are well aware. ESPN, social media & other news sources will be sure to remind you of his first game. they'll let you know when he has his first double double, when he drops 20pts, when he has a jaw dropping dunk.

you are plugged into his story now & you don't even know it.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    I keep telling you guys this shit is about attention.
    did anybody here know who this kid was before the news came out? doubt it. now you are well aware. ESPN, social media & other news sources will be sure to remind you of his first game. they'll let you know when he has his first double double, when he drops 20pts, when he has a jaw dropping dunk.
    you are plugged into his story now & you don't even know it.
    Absolutely. Our society is ALL about attention these days. Who can get more likes or clicks. Millennials are attention whores. 30 years ago you’d never see an athlete peddling hats on a stage to choose a college. You’d never see an hour long show on a decision for free agency on where you’re taking your talents.

sosawestbrook

Absolutely. Our society is ALL about attention these days. Who can get more likes or clicks. Millennials are attention whores. 30 years ago you’d never see an athlete peddling hats on a stage to choose a college. You’d never see an hour long show on a decision for free agency on where you’re taking your talents.
    likes & clicks = $$$ (in the long term)

its not that millennials are attention whores, they are just products of their environment. this new era of social media & technology that we are in didn't exist prior to the beginning of the last decade. there was no such thing as a digital presence 15-20years ago. nowadays, your online profiles can be gateways to future business endeavors, relationship building & a variety of other things. this is just a new era version of the same things people have always done.

milwaukee mike

yeah that's a good point

but that doesn't provide happiness... if it was the path to happiness so many famous people wouldn't have drug problems/suicide/etc

First 12