stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Are your population numbers correct? I'm floored. Granted the last time I was in that area it was about as white as white gets, but if they are almost half black at this time they have really increased their import quotas.
    I corrected it in an earlier post.
    My OP was a typo.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I corrected it in an earlier post.
    My OP was a typo.
    Sorry, I read that later also. I guess I should read the entire thread first before I post.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    I'd take BLM seriously if they weren't the ones committing such a high percentage of the crimes and also not gunning each other down every damn day and night. You can't help people that don't help themselves.
    If it was 13% of population, 13% of crime, and 40% of people killed by police, I think the movement would get much broader and almost universal support. Even 13,20,40. But the chance of being killed by a cop correlates very nicely with violent crime rate and any residual could very well be explained by socioeconomic and geographic factors.

Regarding the black on black murders, that certainly doesn't help either to garner support. I wonder how many of the shooters in Chicago this weekend were BLM supporters. It certainly can be understood how that takes away from the perception of the movement in the eyes of many. If the BLM supporters would take just half the energy and effort that they spend protesting, rioting and looting and turned it inward towards improving troubled communities, maybe we could really save some black lives and create real change.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I stand corrected, 44 percent is white, typo on your pal Nasher's part.
    My oversight, sorry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic...20of%20Europe.
    Actually 60% white... The 44% represents a particular subset of whites.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

Apparently complaints were made to the police regarding a plane flown near to the stadium where Man City were hosting Burnley on Monday night. Police rightly investigated the complaints and determined no laws had been broken. Case closed.

First 12