funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

White Lives Matter Burnley

Plane with that banner flew over the Man City Burnley match. Twitter furious

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Oh boy...

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Stir the pot.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Burnley 'ashamed and embarrassed' by banner flown above Etihad Stadium during Man City game

The aircraft circled above Etihad Stadium for several minutes before departingBurnley are "ashamed and embarrassed" by a banner reading 'White Lives Matter Burnley' that was towed by an aeroplane over Etihad Stadium during Monday's match against Manchester City.
    The aircraft circled over the stadium just after kick-off in City's 5-0 win.
    Burnley and City players and staff had taken a knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement moments earlier.
    "Fans like that don't deserve to be around football," Clarets skipper Ben Mee told BBC Radio 5 Live.

Defender Mee added: "We're ashamed, we're embarrassed.
    "It's a minority of our supporters - I know I speak for a massive part of our support who distance ourselves from anything like that.
    "It definitely had a massive impact on us to see that in the sky.
    "We are embarrassed that our name was in it, that they tried to attach it to our club - it doesn't belong anywhere near our club."
    In a statement, Burnley said that the banner "in no way represents" what the club stands for and that they will "work fully with the authorities to identify those responsible and take appropriate action".
    "Burnley strongly condemns the actions of those responsible for the aircraft and offensive banner," the statement added.
    "We wish to make it clear that those responsible are not welcome at Turf Moor.
    "We apologise unreservedly to the Premier League, to Manchester City and to all those helping to promote Black Lives Matter.
    "The club has a proud record of working with all genders, religions and faiths through its award-winning community scheme, and stands against racism of any kind.
    "We are fully behind the Premier League's Black Lives Matter initiative and, in line with all other Premier League games undertaken since Project Restart, our players and football staff willingly took the knee at kick-off at Manchester City."
    Both Burnley and City were wearing shirts with the players' names replaced with 'Black Lives Matter'.
    Since the Premier League resumed on 17 June after a 100-day hiatus because of the coronavirus pandemic, players and officials have been showing their support for the movement for racial equality following the death of George Floyd in the United States last month.
    Floyd, a 46-year-old unarmed black man, died as a white police officer held a knee on his neck for nearly nine minutes. His death sparked protests around the world.
    Former Manchester City defender Micah Richards said seeing the banner was "disheartening".
    "After how far we've come in these last couple of weeks, it really does hurt me," he told Sky Sports.
    "I agree everyone should have free speech but when it looked like everything was on the up there's a small fraction who want to ruin it."
    City and England forward Raheem Sterling said it was a "massive step" that players took a knee in support of Black Lives Matter on the opening night of the top-flight's return.
    Asked about the banner, City boss Pep Guardiola said society could not overturn 400 years of racial injustice in one week but added "we are going to change the situation".
    "We need time, the racism is still there. We have to fight every day and condemn the bad things," he said.

Last edited by 19th Hole; 06-22-20 at 07:59 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Love it

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

LOL at that huge sorry statement at halftime.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

jjgold

White Lives do matter

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

now if we can only get this going in the states, what goes around comes around and that is fair...........

jjgold

Chicago Black Lives Do not matter that is why BLM is a sham

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    this was when vince was at his all time best. his faces were priceless at times.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

its pretty funny seeing ppl say this is racist and that the cops should investigate and punish the perpetrators.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

The plane appeared shortly after players from both teams took a knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

I don't understand. Why do they keep saying that this will be a police matter? If saying Black Lives Matter is fine, then so is saying White Lives Matter. So stupid.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Just like the Bible thumpers that shove religion in your face....people just get tired of it. This BLM movement in your face, in the news constantly will hurt more than help

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

The worst part is the chick from the post game talking about how Burnley doesnt have any black players and how we need to fight for equality in sports. Would she say the same for white players in the NBA?

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    I don't understand. Why do they keep saying that this will be a police matter? If saying Black Lives Matter is fine, then so is saying White Lives Matter. So stupid.
    They want to squash any support of White identity.

Even though everybody believes that Black lives matter (why wouldn't we), that's not enough.

To even think, much less utter, that White lives matter too, or its OK to be White, is a Hate Crime.

To defend yourself is a crime.

That's the world we live in.

jjgold

You Gotta keep pounding the message everywhere white lives matter

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

I'm proud to be white!

I said it! Come and get me!

crazykind
    crazykind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    They want to squash any support of White identity.

Even though everybody believes that Black lives matter (why wouldn't we), that's not enough.

To even think, much less utter, that White lives matter too, or its OK to be White, is a Hate Crime.

To defend yourself is a crime.

That's the world we live in.

You just proved your genetics aren't worth preserving

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

The worst part is the chick from the post game talking about how Burnley doesnt have any black players and how we need to fight for equality in sports. Would she say the same for white players in the NBA?
    what about asians? it doesnt look like they have any.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I am proud to be white hun

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

How many%of players in the NBA are black? I hope it is a number that reflects society

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    what about asians? it doesnt look like they have any.
    They're too damned SMART to get caught up in crap like this.

Hell, Japanese & Chinese still hate each other from WW2, but you'd never know it by their behavior.
    They just keep graduating their kids from good colleges and LAUGHING privately at us inferior races.

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    How many%of players in the NBA are black? I hope it is a number that reflects society
    75% to 80%.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by cybersharp View Post
    75% to 80%.
    WOW. They don't have enough GM's that are black though so that's not right but it's okay for 75% of the players to be black. Is it because the players are good?

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

all these white tears in here. You can be proud to be white ,but #whitelivesmatter is a protest to my protest . Whitelives are usually safe when it comes to police brutality. thats what blm is about. Its preprosperous some of you think the blm movement is insinuating black lives is more valuable than white lives. Y ou couldnt be more further away from the truth. Whitemen run America amd have all the power

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    all these white tears in here. You can be proud to be white ,but #whitelivesmatter is a protest to my protest . Whitelives are usually safe when it comes to police brutality. thats what blm is about. Its preprosperous some of you think the blm movement is insinuating black lives is more valuable than white lives. Y ou couldnt be more further away from the truth. Whitemen run America amd have all the power
    This incident happened in the UK bro.

wikkidinsane

wow

wikkidinsane

This incident happened in the UK bro.
    uh yeh i know this bro. People who are posting in here are from America and they are saying they are white and proud and support whitelives matter, scroll up.

lakerboy

I can't imagine any big league is racist towards who they choose to play for them nowadays. It's all about talents. If I owned a team I want talented players and of course guys that aren't dead weight

wikkidinsane

There is a #whitelivesmatter movement here in America.

wikkidinsane

I can't imagine any big league is racist towards who they choose to play for them nowadays. It's all about talents. If I owned a team I want talented players and of course guys that aren't dead weight
    It might excist but thats life. There is major consequences for being a racist in business so it evens out

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25546

What was the score of the game?

123 Last