Sharp as always Biggie

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 180

Good bet

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

BIGGIE looking behind the throng and getting the good number.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Added $7,000 trump to win 2020 +130

God bless America.
    Just FYI in case you want to add more, Trump's trading at +161 at Betfair.

I've actually got a pretty large position on the other side of that bet, but I wish you luck nonetheless.

Plus, we're in agreement on several states: I've got 14k on Trump to win Texas, 8k to win Georgia, 4k to win Iowa and smaller positions for Trump to win Ohio, NC and Arizona. So we won't always be at loggerheads.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Seems like the sharp side

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Seems like the sharp side
    Does it? https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6247.html

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Which book?

jjgold

Betonline has decent trump odds

Biden was -160
    Today

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Betonline has decent trump odds

Biden was -160
    Today
    They have+130

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11922

They say biden going to -200

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11842

Biggie: Sharpest Tool in the Shed

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    ya how those polls work out last time around? debates haven't even started, Grandpa Amnesia going to look like a complete donkey live in front of the cameras

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Who says that

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    He should be way higher. Trump has no chance.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    ya how those polls work out last time around? debates haven't even started, Grandpa Amnesia going to look like a complete donkey live in front of the cameras
    Agreed, I expect the race to tighten before election day, but there's a national misconception that since '16 was a fluid, back and forth election, therefore '20 has been and will continue to be, too. But the data refutes this. Compare these two pages:

Today, Biden's RCP lead is + 9.5 https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6247.html

Exactly 4 years ago today Hillary's lead was + 5.8. http://web.archive.org/web/201606211...nton-5491.html

To see the misconception, scroll below the list of polls on both pages to the graph that tracks each race back 1 year from today.

In '16 Trump was constantly catching Hillary in the polls, tying or nearly tying her 7 different times during the year. With a race that fluid, if election day happens to fall during one of Trump's spikes then either candidate could win and that's what happened.

Compare that to the Trump / Biden graph covering the same time period this year: Trump has never once come close to Biden. People's opinions of Trump this time around are much more solidified than they were 4 years ago which has robbed this race of its fluidity. This time around there's no Trump spikes when he almost ties.

So here's the question: since Biden's lead has remained constant through an economic boom and an economic crash and a time with no pandemic and a time with a huge pandemic, then why should we believe ANYTHING is going to change that lead?

I mean, is a debate win really more race changing than the corona pandemic, yes or no, or 44 million new unemployed? History suggests debate wins are blips that vanish fairly quickly. Obama got his ass kicked in the first debate by Romney and Reagan got his ass kicked in his first debate with Carter, but neither made any difference a week after they were over.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11842

Agreed, I expect the race to tighten before election day, but there's a national misconception that since '16 was a fluid, back and forth election, therefore '20 has been and will continue to be, too. But the data refutes this. Compare these two pages:
    Today, Biden's RCP lead is + 9.5 https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6247.html

Exactly 4 years ago today Hillary's lead was + 5.8. http://web.archive.org/web/201606211...nton-5491.html

To see the misconception, scroll below the list of polls on both pages to the graph that tracks each race back 1 year from today.

In '16 Trump was constantly catching Hillary in the polls, tying or nearly tying her 7 different times during the year. With a race that fluid, if election day happens to fall during one of Trump's spikes then either candidate could win and that's what happened.

Compare that to the Trump / Biden graph covering the same time period this year: Trump has never once come close to Biden. People's opinions of Trump this time around are much more solidified than they were 4 years ago which has robbed this race of its fluidity. This time around there's no Trump spikes when he almost ties.

So here's the question: since Biden's lead has remained constant through an economic boom and an economic crash and a time with no pandemic and a time with a huge pandemic, then why should we believe ANYTHING is going to change that lead?

I mean, is a debate win really more race changing than the corona pandemic, yes or no, or 44 million new unemployed? History suggests debate wins are blips that vanish fairly quickly. Obama got his ass kicked in the first debate by Romney and Reagan got his ass kicked in his first debate with Carter, but neither made any difference a week after they were over.
    This post clearly written by a Pro

jjgold

what does Biden offer USA??

The silent majority is Trumps best weapon that is never factored in to the odds

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Feel better about The Donald's chances with Biggie's Backing.

Deplorables will have to pull another upset.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22127

The best weapon Trump has is DeSantis and the other assorted GOP crooks in Florida that will help him steal the state. Whoever wins Forida should win the election.

Don't ever count Trump out. He will do anything to win, and he has a lot of help.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

good odds

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    The best weapon Trump has is DeSantis and the other assorted GOP crooks in Florida that will help him steal the state. Whoever wins Forida should win the election.

Don't ever count Trump out. He will do anything to win, and he has a lot of help.
    good point and remember all the fake coverage of Trump really did not start until he became Pres so the polls could be another lie or stretched truth

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Is Tomlinson the best RB of the 21st century?

TATUMUS
    TATUMUS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9827

The fault in your logic is that national polls mean nothing. If you want to rely on polls (which to me are useless, as was seen in 2016) you have to analyze them in the sense of the electoral college. A national poll means little if the numbers were taken from major population centers. I haven't analyzed recent "electoral college" polls so I can't speak to which way it is leaning. I'm just saying this has to be considered above and beyond a national poll. National popular vote doesn't count.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    good odds
    not anymore

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Regardless of whether this wins, you almost certainly got a bad number. You also tied your $$$ up for over 5 months. Trump will certainly approach +200 as election day nears. A lot of states in play that weren't last time. If only a few swing Blue Trump is gone. Frankly Trump's only shot, as previously mentioned, is massive voter suppression. Can Republicans pull it off, maybe. Democrats have been losing elections they should win for a long time. There is no such thing as "silent majority". Trump lost the majority vote by millions in '16. At best it is a misnomer for what is White fear of minorities and women not voting in their own interests resulting in razor thin victories in a few critical Electoral College states.

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4499

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Regardless of whether this wins, you almost certainly got a bad number. You also tied your $$$ up for over 5 months. Trump will certainly approach +200 as election day nears. A lot of states in play that weren't last time. If only a few swing Blue Trump is gone. Frankly Trump's only shot, as previously mentioned, is massive voter suppression. Can Republicans pull it off, maybe. Democrats have been losing elections they should win for a long time. There is no such thing as "silent majority". Trump lost the majority vote by millions in '16. At best it is a misnomer for what is White fear of minorities and women not voting in their own interests resulting in razor thin victories in a few critical Electoral College states.
    Frankly I don’t think he’s worried about such a little amount tied up for a few months

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by TATUMUS View Post
    If you want to rely on polls (which to me are useless, as was seen in 2016) you have to analyze them in the sense of the electoral college. A national poll means little if the numbers were taken from major population centers. I haven't analyzed recent "electoral college" polls so I can't speak to which way it is leaning. I'm just saying this has to be considered above and beyond a national poll. National popular vote doesn't count.
    Solid post and since I bet a lot of politics I'm happy to discuss the Electoral College prospects at length if anyone's up for it.

The short answer on the EC map right now is this: the battleground state polls tend to be closer than the national polls (so good news for Trump), but the list of battleground states has grown longer as several pink states have become tossups, states like Arizona, Georgia, Ohio, North Carolina, Iowa and even Texas which is currently polling Biden and Trump tied (so bad news for Trump.)

If interested, here's the basic EC map. To see the most recent polls for any given state, click on it: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...llege_map.html

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1192

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    bet more at -125 a month ago and not scared tie up my money. 100% return on investment over 5 months. great !

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2201

Seaweed would be proud... lol

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

you got a good bet

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

this is about the biggest lock u can bet, trump has 0 chance win popular vote

2020 US Presidential Election - Propositions - Tuesday, November 3, 2020 8:00 AM
    131 Joe Biden wins Popular Vote -550

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1192

added 5k +152

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

I like it

jjgold