Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Undertaker Officially Retires From Wrestling

After over three decades, the legendary professional wrestling career of Mark Calaway -- better known as WWE superstar The Undertaker -- has officially come to an end. In the final episode of his WWE Network docuseries Undertaker: The Last Ride, the multi-time champion explained that he feels its time to walk away from the ring, saying he has nothing left to accomplish and that -- for the time being -- his Boneyard Match against AJ Styles at this past WrestleMania should be seen as his final match.

"I'm at a point, it's time this cowboy really rides away," Undertaker said. "There's nothing left for me to conquer or accomplish... The game has changed. It's time for new guys to come up. The time just seems right."

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Never say never in pro wrestling If Vince calls him for Wrestlemania next year at Rams Stadium? Has the right amount of money? Then Mark Calaway will wrestle

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Never say never in pro wrestling If Vince calls him for Wrestlemania next year at Rams Stadium? Has the right amount of money? Then Mark Calaway will wrestle
    Only possible match I could envision if he were to do a movie version match with Sting, similar to the one he did with AJ Styles. They would look awful in a live ring match, IMO.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

if he goes the route of most of the wwe, he will be dead in 5 yrs or less. let hope not.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Only possible match I could envision if he were to do a movie version match with Sting, similar to the one he did with AJ Styles. They would look awful in a live ring match, IMO.
    Could see him being paid by Vince to "ultra job" to Wyatt or Owens next year. Where he puts either of them over in bigtime squash. That is the "code", and when Vince pays, the old guard does what he says

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

He claimed to “retire” a few years ago when he left his boots in the ring at Wrestlemania. Then he was back wrestling a year or so later. His word means nothing. Retirement in wrestling is the biggest con in sports. Nobody ever stays away.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

In a recent interview with ESPN, WWE Hall Of Famer Edge revealed wanted to face The Undertaker in a Streak vs. Streak match at WrestleMania 24 in 2008, as both men were undefeated at WrestleMania at the time.

"Initially, I was in the Money in the Bank match [at WrestleMania 23], and I was supposed to win that match. That would have kept my undefeated streak at WrestleMania intact. It was changed the week of, with Mr. Kennedy winning it.

I voiced my concern, saying, ‘OK, I understand you want to go a different direction…however, if we are still going this way with Taker next year, to me there’s a lot more intrigue if you have two people undefeated [at WrestleMania]’. [Later], my idea was that [The Undertaker] had never defeated me in any of our matches. So it was, ‘Maybe this guy just has Taker’s number?'"

Michelle McCool also revealed that WWE wanted Edge to break Taker’s streak at WrestleMania 24, but Edge fought against the decision.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Legend

tucks
    tucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4825

MAH GAWD! The early Taker when he beat Hogan was one of the best gimmicks of all time. Legend

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Easy top 5 all time