SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Will the NFL allow players to Kneel, or not to stand for the National Anthem

Please let me know now so I can plan ahead on watching something else

#NFLfanslivesmatter

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

if they do i hope everyone will turn it off asap

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

I think they'll fold and change the rules so they are allowed to do it now. HOPEFULLY they are smart about it and not show it on TV though. Otherwise i'll skip watching the whole game also

#NFLfanslivesmatter

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11824

I say zero chance they forbid from kneeling at this point.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I say zero chance they forbid from kneeling at this point.
    i agree, no chance they ban them from kneeling or keep them in locker room

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

They will continue to make billions, regardless if you trumptards shut it off. Gambling and fantasy much bigger than the maga cult

Foxx

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    I don't even think they'll keep them in the lockerroom. Anything they do to draw away from the protest and silence them will be construed as racist.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57657

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    You can basically do whatever you want. You could stand on your head during the anthem. The Shield won't say shit...

carolinakid

i just wish the nfl would not come back this year.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

Please let NFL players kneel for the inequality of white players. I stand tall and want equal pay for whites. It seems only black players get max pay and are always drafted above whites. It isn't fair. We should probably have riots in the streets and destroy everyones businesses and act like a bunch of punk bitches because we don't work for things. We need FREE shit or we are going to take or destroy everyones shit. Oh nevermind, we aren't animals. We are actual people and not total clown pieces of shit. Carry on.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pabonaparte

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    They will continue to make billions, regardless if you trumptards shut it off. Gambling and fantasy much bigger than the maga cult
    NFL doesn't make any money off gambling and their fantasy platform is one of the least used ones so not much revenue there for them. Yahoo fantasy is #1 for fantasy football

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

They'll either stop airing the national anthem or they'll just quietly have the network not put the camera on the players kneeling. It'll just stay panned on the flag or singer.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

I hope they kneel. I think it’s funny that people are always saying liberals are snowflakes for certain things but then a couple nfl players decide to kneel and that means you guys are going to get mad and shut off the tv. Having your gun isn’t going to show your masculinity if you’re stomping your feet and pretending that you aren’t going to watch football. The hypocrisy is amazing

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I hope they kneel. I think it’s funny that people are always saying liberals are snowflakes for certain things but then a couple nfl players decide to kneel and that means you guys are going to get mad and shut off the tv. Having your gun isn’t going to show your masculinity if you’re stomping your feet and pretending that you aren’t going to watch football. The hypocrisy is amazing
    It's not pretending. I actually wont watch it. It's already turning into flag football with all the rule changes so not hard to stop watching at this point.

carolinakid

the football field should not become a political field of ideas, i wish the owners had the balls to fired everyone that kneel, so many people are getting so turn off on sports today because of this.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...s-donald-trump

NFL officially endorses kneeling

Kinda hope they see the massive declines in viewership, attendance and disinterest among white and a drop from sponsorships from Armed Forces.

Sports is entertainment, not politics. People want to be entertained, not lectured to or made angry.

Stay in your lane.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think people are not gonna even care anymore because they’re so sick of it only Trump hammer away and uses a voting ploy that could work

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

If there's no fans in the stands, then do they still play the national anthem?

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 955

They will kneel, people will tune in at record ratings. Nobody cares.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    They will kneel, people will tune in at record ratings. Nobody cares.
    100 percent facts. Ratings will be up. No one is going to stop watching football because of the kneeling and if a few do it won’t matter

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    Please let me know now so I can plan ahead on watching something else

#NFLfanslivesmatter
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-roger-goodell

Here's a good read.

#Trump

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

It will happen offscreen. They should allow them a chance after it to kneel IMO. That would be better.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26311

Is playing the anthem really necessary?

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    100 percent facts. Ratings will be up. No one is going to stop watching football because of the kneeling and if a few do it won’t matter
    Have you been living under a rock the last couple seasons. Ratings dropped dramatically when kneeling started... Then they made the rule that kneeling isn't allowed and they can stay in the locker room if they want. Welcome back to society

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    Have you been living under a rock the last couple seasons. Ratings dropped dramatically when kneeling started... Then they made the rule that kneeling isn't allowed and they can stay in the locker room if they want. Welcome back to society
    You’re referencing the past. I’m talking about the future it’s totally different. You think after this long without sports people are going to turn off nfl because of kneeling? Also now that everyone knows it’s coming and the discussions are out. You’re examples are based on the past, let’s get back to reality. Show me those ratings in week 1 but in the meantime here’s my rock and a tissue to cry into when they disrespect your safe haven.

KnownUnknown
    KnownUnknown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2061

Would kneeling be considered a means of a person expressing their free speech rights? If so, why would anyone who wants "their" free speech rights have a problem allowing another the same freedom/rights?
    Please explain.
    Last edited by KnownUnknown; 06-11-20 at 05:19 PM.

Foxx

Quote Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
    Would kneeling be considered a means of a person expressing their free speech rights. If so, why would anyone who wants "their" free speech rights have a problem allowing another the same freedom/rights?
    Please explain.
    Not really a freedom of speech issue as the NFL is not the government.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by sbr_guest_pro View Post
    have you been living under a rock the last couple seasons. Ratings dropped dramatically when kneeling started... Then they made the rule that kneeling isn't allowed and they can stay in the locker room if they want. Welcome back to society
    yes...trump buried nfl

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    yes...trump buried nfl
    Yeah 15 billion in revenue last year. I wonder how much money it takes not to be buried?🙄

KnownUnknown

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Not really a freedom of speech issue as the NFL is not the government.
    Huh? What does the NFL not being the government have to do with the expression of free speech whenever or wherever?
    The person doing so can express their rights but also prepare for whatever the consequences of that act bring.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    yes...trump buried nfl
    They opened the can of worms JJ. Goodell backtracked on the kneeing anthem issue.

Dumb!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    the football field should not become a political field of ideas, i wish the owners had the balls to fired everyone that kneel, so many people are getting so turn off on sports today because of this.
    Why tho? Who gives a rip what players do during the anthem? I myself use it for a opportunity to smoke a cig or take a piss, then when I get in front of tv I flip to every game trying to find which kicks 1st.

I damn sure ain’t at home or bar standing with my hat off for the anthem. Something they get paid a great deal to put on all the theatrics, all I see is more wasteful spending for bs propaganda. If the government can fork over our tax dollars to put on that display I don’t see why the ppl paying for it can’t do whatever they choose during?

Bottom line is ppl get offended far too easily, nothing that happens before kickoff changes my ability to enjoy the game!

KnownUnknown

The kneeling has already happened (Kaepernick). What remains to be seen is how accepted it will be when it happens in larger numbers.
    My guess is that it will be much more accepted than what occurred the first time around.

Foxx

Quote Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
    Huh? What does the NFL not being the government have to do with the expression of free speech whenever or wherever?
    The person doing so can express their rights but also prepare for whatever the consequences of that act bring.
    Huh what? Take a civics class maybe if you don't understand that freedom of speech is about government infringement and not private entities such as the NFL.

KnownUnknown

Freedom of speech occurs wherever it occurs my friend. It occurred on an NFL field and it will occur again in the near future. How people respond to it is in question.
    Obviously, where it takes place is what is being challenged. It won't stop just because of some boundary someone wants to impose. Let's see if some "private" boundary keeps it from happening. It will likely be a much larger display (imo).

12 Last