Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

well this should go over well

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

if they allow kneeling again, viewership will go down again. And they can't afford that if they are not allowed to play with fans in the stands. NFL could go bankrupt and then XFL will take over

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They should allow kneeling but not show it on TV. Go to commercials when it happens. Then it will die out. They do the same when a naked streaker runs the field in soccer.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Lip service

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    They should allow kneeling but not show it on TV. Go to commercials when it happens. Then it will die out. They do the same when a naked streaker runs the field in soccer.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

The networks that show NFL games won't do that these days, particularly ESPN. Those are the people responsible for this damn near race war that is going on right now. They will have cameras all over the place, and telling us how much they support the guys kneeling.

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

turning into another POS

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    if they allow kneeling again, viewership will go down again
    Without a doubt and much more than last time

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

I don't have much of an opinion on the kneeling. It does not bother me much. I don't think the anthem needs to be played at every sporting event, as it waters down the importance of it. Roger should have stood up for his players a long time ago.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I don't have much of an opinion on the kneeling. It does not bother me much.
    Millions & Millions of ppl have stated the same thing, that they aren't concerned about the kneeling.

It's the kneeling during the national anthem & disrespect for it and the flag that bothers them.

For some reason the other side cannot get this through their ignorant heads.

They are disrespecting the EXACT THING THAT EARNED & GIVES THEM THEIR FREEDOM OF SPEECH TO BEGIN WITH!

It's like a dog biting the person who feeds them.

Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Find another way

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Why is it so important to play the national anthem at EVERY sporting event from pee-wee football through NFL and every other sporting event in-between? It waters it down, imo. How desensitized to it's importance(?) do you get when you constantly hear it? I can be patriotic without that constant barrage of pressured patriotism.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

So much ass kissing in the NFL it's unreal

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Goodell should be acknowledging Dave Portnoy at Barstool Sports who won the silent auction raffle to watch MNF game in Goodell's man cave.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32295

if they allow kneeling again, viewership will go down again. And they can't afford that if they are not allowed to play with fans in the stands. NFL could go bankrupt and then XFL will take over
    The NFL go bankrupt?

The NFL is so powerful they are the only corporation world wide that owns a day of the week.

Bankrupt.

jjgold

Trump will
    Bury them

He did last year

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Why is it so important to play the national anthem at EVERY sporting event from pee-wee football through NFL and every other sporting event in-between? It waters it down, imo. How desensitized to it's importance(?) do you get when you constantly hear it? I can be patriotic without that constant barrage of pressured patriotism.
    Because it's the best song in the country. It's actually one of my top 5 favorite songs

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The NFL go bankrupt?

The NFL is so powerful they are the only corporation world wide that owns a day of the week.

Bankrupt.

Which relies on viewers, ticket sales, endorsements. If viewership goes down, and there are literally no to little ticket sales, then endorsements go down also. It's economics.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

People fought and died for that flag and the freedom so technically you should be allowed to do whatever you want to it since it is your right

However, you also have the right to close doors instead of keeping open for someone, talking loud in public space, chew with your mouth open....it is even legal to not shower for a year

moral standards should be followed...including when protesting so dont block the fukkin road

jjgold

Don’t even play it then anymore before games

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Because it's the best song in the country. It's actually one of my top 5 favorite songs
    It's a great song no doubt about it. But does it need to be performed on every sports game? Could the song's meaning and importance be diminished if it is not performed on a daily basis in multiple games?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    People fought and died for that flag and the freedom so technically you should be allowed to do whatever you want to it since it is your right

However, you also have the right to close doors instead of keeping open for someone, talking loud in public space, chew with your mouth open....it is even legal to not shower for a year

moral standards should be followed...including when protesting so dont block the fukkin road
    Rudy, when is the last time you showered?

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Rudy, when is the last time you showered?
    june 4th..................................... 2019

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Guest, which version is your favorite?

This one or another?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32295

Which relies on viewers, ticket sales, endorsements. If viewership goes down, and there are literally no to little ticket sales, then endorsements go down also. It's economics.
    I wasn't belittling you just scoffing at the idea that the NFL will go bankrupt.
    I really doubt the networks will even show the sidelines this season during the anthem, and even if they did the NLF on Sundays is not just an event but an entity.

People will watch on Sunday's if for no other reason it's an excuse to drunk of Sunday afternoons.

The NBA will suffer well before the NFL will.
    Just my two cents.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

The whole kneeling thing was annoying because I watch sports to get away from politics (big reason I stopped watching ESPN).
    My problem with Kapernick was that he wore pig-cop socks and Fidel Castro shirts.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

No it won't

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    The whole kneeling thing was annoying because I watch sports to get away from politics (big reason I stopped watching ESPN).
    My problem with Kapernick was that he wore pig-cop socks and Fidel Castro shirts.
    No Fidel Castro shirts. They are actually called Che Guevara shirts.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

This isn't going to vo away.

We saw the backlash last time, it hurt NFL ratings, ad rates and carrier revenue.

Another drop, less $$ = less cap.

They won't go bankrupt but I imagine networks are already seeing a decline in ad revenue, can't imagine this helps.

NFL is so powerful and owns Sunday for only 1 reason...it's ads are designed and aimed exclusively at 18-65 yr old white men because, guess what, we're the only people with any discretionary spending money.

White men love Trump, hate kneeling.

They stop buying Bud Light beer, Goodyear tires, Pepsi Cola, Old Spice aftershave, etc you'll see Goodell stop that kneeling again real quick.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1449

Very good idea

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

NFL is actually going to explode now with legalized gambling and fantasy sports. I think Blank bought the Falcons for 400 million and now they worth 1.5 billion.

floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

The NFL gave Trump the middle finger

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by floki View Post
    we will see if nfl losers viewers or trump loses votes

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    This isn't going to vo away.

We saw the backlash last time, it hurt NFL ratings, ad rates and carrier revenue.

Another drop, less $$ = less cap.

They won't go bankrupt but I imagine networks are already seeing a decline in ad revenue, can't imagine this helps.

NFL is so powerful and owns Sunday for only 1 reason...it's ads are designed and aimed exclusively at 18-65 yr old white men because, guess what, we're the only people with any discretionary spending money.

White men love Trump, hate kneeling.

They stop buying Bud Light beer, Goodyear tires, Pepsi Cola, Old Spice aftershave, etc you'll see Goodell stop that kneeling again real quick.
    Come on man. I have money to blow on the NFL. That wasn't a nice thing to say.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by floki View Post
    They have done that for years.

12 Last