BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Drew Brees said what most people think, black and white. The left has decided anyone who thinks America isn't an evil racist country is evil, they are full of shit as usual.
    You forgot to start the paragraph with "not that I care"

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    This non story will be over in two days.
    I think you're just yielding to wishful thinking at this point. Check the pulse of everyone else, and I don't mean SBR, I mean pundits and current/former athletes. Brees is being raked over the coals right now. When Lebron James has you in his crosshairs, you know it's an issue. Shannon Sharpe is calling for Drew's retirement on a national broadcast. That sentiment is spreading and the apology Drew issued is hardly being acknowledged. This will likely carry over into the season to some degree, and with a black quarterback in the bullpen, could create division in the locker room.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I think you're just yielding to wishful thinking at this point. Check the pulse of everyone else, and I don't mean SBR, I mean pundits and current/former athletes. Brees is being raked over the coals right now. When Lebron James has you in his crosshairs, you know it's an issue. Shannon Sharpe is calling for Drew's retirement on a national broadcast. That sentiment is spreading and the apology Drew issued is hardly being acknowledged. This will likely carry over into the season to some degree, and with a black quarterback in the bullpen, could create division in the locker room.
    The reason I say this story will be over in a day or two is because there'll be another non story shortly that'll trump this one.

The attention span of most Americans is as short or shorter than your every day garden variety fruit fly.
    You know this.

Eddy Munny

The reason I say this story will be over in a day or two is because there'll be another non story shortly that'll trump this one.

The attention span of most Americans is as short or shorter than your every day garden variety fruit fly.
    You know this.
    Sure but the players who are genuinely heated about it won't forget. And the mass media, whom apparently are on a witchhunt to keep racial tensions broiling, won't forget either. The average American will just passively devour whatever they're being fed and corresponding emotions will follow.

stevenash

Sure but the players who are genuinely heated about it won't forget. And the mass media, whom apparently are on a witchhunt to keep racial tensions broiling, won't forget either. The average American will just passively devour whatever they're being fed and corresponding emotions will follow.
    So true, it seems as if ESPN is rooting for an all out civil war between the blacks and whites.
    Charles Manson is smiling in his grave right about now.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Hit man if your paying for streaming packages your a square they are free all over the internet man
    Lmao. My ninja

2daBank

I think you making too much of it. Practices start and we get sports back and nobody will give a shit. Even if you right and some guys resent him nobody be thinking that shit when they playing. I remember qb on one my pee wee teams me and others couldn’t stand, didn’t make me play any differently.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I think you making too much of it. Practices start and we get sports back and nobody will give a shit. Even if you right and some guys resent him nobody be thinking that shit when they playing. I remember qb on one my pee wee teams me and others couldn’t stand, didn’t make me play any differently.
    I played HS ball with a colossal ass hole.
    Everybody hated his guts, dropped the 'n' bomb at will, shit like that.
    Here's the rub, the kid could hit 400 foot homers in varsity HS games where the next biggest power hitter in the county could hit only 300 footers and that's only if he got a hold of a blood dripping meaty fastball.

Our third base coach who hated him like he hated Hitler patted him on the ass and high fived him as he rounded third and headed for home.

Once in the dugout every guy on our team would high five him as well.

Funny how sports makes you forget.

2daBank

I played HS ball with a colossal ass hole.
    Everybody hated his guts, dropped the 'n' bomb at will, shit like that.
    Here's the rub, the kid could hit 400 foot homers in varsity HS games where the next biggest power hitter in the county could hit only 300 footers and that's only if he got a hold of a blood dripping meaty fastball.

Our third base coach who hated him like he hated Hitler patted him on the ass and high fived him as he rounded third and headed for home.

Once in the dugout every guy on our team would high five him as well.

Funny how sports makes you forget.
    lol. The one I remember was son of the coach, straight up spoiled brat, anytime he made a play he was my best buddy at the moment. Lol

Eddy Munny

I'm personally not making anything of it, just reading the room is all. Players are pissed. Where are Brees' supporters? I mean hell, you have an entire roster full of guys who could go to bat for the guy, but crickets. Joe Horn is about the only one who stood up for Drew and he's not even a current player. I think it'll fizzle down, of course, but will resurrect once the season begins. I mean Colin Kaepernick's name still gets kicked around and that whole saga feels like ancient history to me. When the media has an agenda, they'll force whatever topic into the limelight they want, whether there's a public appetite for it or not.

2daBank

I'm personally not making anything of it, just reading the room is all. Players are pissed. Where are Brees' supporters? I mean hell, you have an entire roster full of guys who could go to bat for the guy, but crickets. Joe Horn is about the only one who stood up for Drew and he's not even a current player. I think it'll fizzle down, of course, but will resurrect once the season begins. I mean Colin Kaepernick's name still gets kicked around and that whole saga feels like ancient history to me. When the media has an agenda, they'll force whatever topic into the limelight they want, whether there's a public appetite for it or not.
    You, someone else, whoever. Just saying I think a lot the room like me, don’t give a shit. Of course that could be wishful thinking on my part, always assuming there still some reasonable folk out there think it be (and would be mine) last thing on dudes minds when they get to be on the field and play.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Does anyone remember Riley Cooper?? If you think this blows over when the practices start and games are played you are truly fooling yourselves. And Riley Cooper had the backing of the starting QB and head coach and half of the city of Philadelphia yet that compromised the team to the point that everyone left and there had to be a total housecleaning. Brees doesn’t have any of those in his favor.............yet.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Does anyone remember Riley Cooper?? If you think this blows over when the practices start and games are played you are truly fooling yourselves. And Riley Cooper had the backing of the starting QB and head coach and half of the city of Philadelphia yet that compromised the team to the point that everyone left and there had to be a total housecleaning. Brees doesn’t have any of those in his favor.............yet.
    Riley cooper was a frggin bum. The better you play the sooner ppl forget. I might say brees washed up but he still what makes that team go, not Riley stinking cooper by any stretch.

stevenash

Riley cooper was a frggin bum. The better you play the sooner ppl forget. I might say brees washed up but he still what makes that team go, not Riley stinking cooper by any stretch.
    Dave Kingman was another one.
    He had nothing but pure hatred in his heart.
    For every black racist, asshole, what have you I can name one white one.
    Tit for tat, I could go back and forth 1 for 1 all night.

Dave Kingman (white) Barry Bonds (black) for instance.
    Bonds hated Mark McGwire. "ain't no white man going to steal my thunder" was his thinking.

Kirk Gibson (white) Joe Morgan (black) in another tit for tat example.
    Don't kid yourself Kirk Gibson was/is a real asshole in real life.
    Joe Morgan? Do I need to cite examples here?
    Morgan hated Ryne Sandberg for the same reason Bonds hated McGwire.
    What some don't know is Morgan didn't even attend Sandbers Hall of Fame induction.
    As a member of the Hall Morgan is pretty much obligated to show for all inductions.
    I could excuse this if Sandberg was some sort of racist prick or something, but he wasn't, Sandberg even though he made a mistake marrying (her name escapes me, Cindy I think) but he wasn't a jerk.

WWE wrestler Randy Orton is another one, like I said I can go on all night here.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Riley Cooper must not have been a bum. The team didn’t cut ties, release or cut him before the season started. They should have cut Riley Cooper. So you might think he was a bum, but Philly kept him around despite that. Not many players in their last years make teams go.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by floki View Post
    The Saints offensive line needs to let the opponents defensive line have a clear shot at Klansman Drew Brees from here on out !!!!!
    Klansman? What do you mean? Please explain

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Klansman Drew Brees

I swear to everyone is a saint on the internet, none of us ever told a racist joke, ever said anything that doesn’t fit the pc narrative... everyone a perfect parent and knows exactly what every other parent should be doing, kids have solved age old problems that stumped the greatest philosophers and if you don’t believe it, just ask them....

First racist joke I ever told was “how do you get 5 black people out of a car? Throw in a job application!” That was 30 years ago and Id like to think Im a pretty decent person and I haven’t helped out the black community 1% as much as Drew Brees has

stop with the idiocy

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Klansman Drew Brees

I swear to everyone is a saint on the internet, none of us ever told a racist joke, ever said anything that doesn’t fit the pc narrative... everyone a perfect parent and knows exactly what every other parent should be doing, kids have solved age old problems that stumped the greatest philosophers and if you don’t believe it, just ask them....

First racist joke I ever told was “how do you get 5 black people out of a car? Throw in a job application!” That was 30 years ago and Id like to think Im a pretty decent person and I haven’t helped out the black community 1% as much as Drew Brees has

stop with the idiocy
    Thank you for this post.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Lost a lot of respect for people the last couple days, and one of them is NOT Drew Brees. But Lebron James...talk about a classless a-hole. You're supposed to be this generation's Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods. Start acting like it. Take a page from their book and how they stayed away from political talk and activism.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Drew brees didnt say anything that the rest of America, NFL fans, and NFL owners havent said already. People didnt like kneeling during national anthem at football games. Viewership went down. People still dont like it. Doesnt make you racist

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mentally Blacks are very fragile
    People

floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

locker room poison now

Drew brees: hey guys
    Locker room: crickets

Eddy Munny

locker room poison now

Drew brees: hey guys
    Locker room: crickets
    That's not a locker room, that's a bait & tackle shop.

floki

Drew Brees's Statement Wasnt Nearly As Bad As Jake Fromm's Text Messages

2daBank

Drew Brees's Statement Wasnt Nearly As Bad As Jake Fromm's Text Messages
    He obviously a jerkoff but I’ll say one thing, that bitch who posted his text from a year ago ain’t no better. Where was her outrage at the time he sent it? She either a publicity whore or they were fukkin and she found out he was banging her sister or some shit! Lol. Nothing worse than someone who saving your text conversations just in case later on they feel the need to put you on blast. Nobody with a lick of sense will ever text that hooker again! Lol

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

The only thing Brees did wrong was apologize for his beliefs and opinion...

floki

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    The only thing Brees did wrong was apologize for his beliefs and opinion...
    agree, hes weak

I bet $2 nfl players have contracts on his head.

scottel
    scottel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7921

Entitled to his opinion, he did a lot for Norl after the hurricane hit, yea a racist would help all those black people.NOT. BTW did Kap ever do anything besides kneel for two min? I don’t recall any marches he led,I’m sure the media would have put that front and center.

Nappyx
    Nappyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 616

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mentally Blacks are very fragile
    People
    The only fragile person is you... step out from behind the keyboard and make your feelings known in public. There are lots of folks at the protests that would love to meet you.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by scottel View Post
    Entitled to his opinion, he did a lot for Norl after the hurricane hit, yea a racist would help all those black people.NOT. BTW did Kap ever do anything besides kneel for two min? I don’t recall any marches he led,I’m sure the media would have put that front and center.
    Well in fairness, that two minute kneel did quite a lot. It changed the course of how big corp and pd’s are dealing with race issues

police chiefs being fired, officers charged with murder, mayors resigning, Goodell afmitting the NFL was wrong for not listening earlier, etc......

Maybe it wasn’t as much as Brees, maybe it was more, how could we ever quantify either

floki

He’s gonna get laid out once the games begin open sack season

It’s Taysom Hill time

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Klansman Drew Brees

stop with the idiocy
    I'm a left leaning independent, but I agree with Drew Brees 100%! I'm a veteran and the flag represents this great country! It is flawed, but it has always been great. The flag represents everything that we stand for and believe in!
    I work with Africans at Amazon and let me tell you.....they're happy to be here! Police brutality needs to be weeded out, but nobody is getting chased out of voting lines with machetes. Nobody is starving.

"Oh we're not disrespecting the military" I say bullshit. Well most veterans like myself don't like it and if we feel disrespected (for the dead heroes of past wars) then its disrespect. Try telling your wife that you're done wearing your wedding ring, but you're not disrespecting your marriage. See what she says? Get out your calculator and see what you'll have left because you're going to D-Town! Its just a symbol right? Just small piece of metal & gem....like a flag is just a piece of cloth.
    Last edited by Fred The Hammer; 06-05-20 at 07:28 PM.

floki

gonna be awkward with brees in the locker room for sure

Very tough to get that locker room back ...

the only way to fix this drew is to join the protestors in NO

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Klansman Drew Brees

stop with the idiocy
    The funny one I always retell is from the underrated classic Best Of Times with Kurt Russell and the late/great Robin Williams. The 2 men separate from their wives, but arrange dinner together to get back with them. They start talking sports and Russell's wife says she's tired of talking about sports and asks "What do you think about Beirut?" (early 1980s)

Kurt Russell says (in black voice) "Bei Rut? He da best damn baseball playa ever lived" )))))))))))))

floki

Drew Brees showed how he truly felt & that's that!!!

showed his True Colors

people are way too sensitive

First ... 67891011 Last