209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Sac King announcer Grant Napear suspended for "all lives matter" tweet, gets slammed

Sacramento Kings announcer Grant Napear has been suspended from his radio show after a Twitter confrontation with DeMarcus Cousins over the “Black Lives Matter” movement.
    The trouble started for Napear when he responded to a prompt from Cousins, the former Kings All-Star, in a conversation amid the nationwide George Floyd protests.
    ‘ALL LIVES MATTER’

Cousins asked Napear his thoughts on “Black Lives Matter.” Napear responded with an all-caps response declaring that “ALL LIVES MATTER.”
    Hey!!!! How are you? Thought you forgot about me. Haven't heard from you in years. ALL LIVES MATTER...EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! https://t.co/DfzKl3w0jm
    — Grant Napear (@GrantNapearshow) June 1, 2020

Cousins responded “Lol as expected” to the “all lives matter” quip that’s commonly used to shut down black Americans as they urge awareness around police violence against their community.
    Chris Webber, Matt Barnes weigh in

The conversation caught the attention of a pair of prominent former Kings players.
    Chris Webber adorned his response with a pair of clown emojis.
    Demarcus we know and have known who grant is. The team knows as well. I’ve told them many times. They’ve seen it. They know who he is. 🤡🤡 https://t.co/4DI4f1DGUp
    — Chris Webber (@realchriswebber) June 1, 2020

Matt Barnes called Napear a “closet racist.”
    Would expect nothing less from a closet racists
    — Matt Barnes (@Matt_Barnes22) June 1, 2020

And he wasn’t done. Barnes slammed Napear, using some choice language about the announcer during an Instagram live appearance with former Golden State Warriors teammate and activist Stephen Jackson.
    (Warning: NSFW language)
    pic.twitter.com/7I5eqNbp2r
    — pickuphoop (@pickuphoop) June 1, 2020

Napear’s suspension

Sports 1140 KHTK’s Jason Ross announced the suspension at the top of “The Grant Napear Show” on Monday while reading a statement from the station.
    “Grant Napear has been placed on administrative leave while we are investigating the statement that was made on Twitter,” Ross said, per the Sacramento Bee.

Grant Napear was suspended from his radio show after a Twitter confrontation with DeMarcus Cousins, left. (Rob Carr/Getty Images)
    More

Napear responds

Napear pleaded ignorance in an interview earlier Monday with Bee columnist Marcos Bretón.
    “I’m not as educated on BLM as I thought I was,” Napear said. “I had no idea that when I said ‘All Lives Matter’ that it was counter to what BLM was trying to get across. ...
    “I’m in pain. I’m 60 years old and I still have a lot learn.”
    Napear also issued a statement on Twitter.
    If it came across as dumb I apologize. That was not my intent. That's how I was raised. It has been engrained in me since I can remember. I've been doing more listening than talking the past few days. I believe the past few days will change this country for the better! https://t.co/Gsh84BPBEk
    — Grant Napear (@GrantNapearshow) June 1, 2020

Napear has worked as the Kings’ play-by-play announcer since 1988.
    According to the Bee, he found himself in hot water before by defending banished former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, arguing that he can’t be racist since he hired black people.

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Absolute rubbish. This guy didn't say a damned thing even remotely "offensive."

He's being punished simply for having an opposing, and honest, opinion which
    goes against the PC narrative....which is to cravenly grovel before blacks just
    because yet ANOTHER African American criminal -- knowing he was likely HEADED
    BACK TO PRISON after passing counterfeit cash -- decided to resist arrest!

If he hadn't resisted arrest, he'd probably be alive today. And in jail where he belongs.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

I'm not one for PC at all but that was a mind-numbingly stupid comment. What was his point? -if he even had one??

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dumb but comment was
    True

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dumb but comment was
    True
    It's not a matter of true or false, it's a matter of relevance and having a point. Being tone deaf... Like someone coming to me and saying my head hurts I think I need help, and me going yeah I've got problems in my life too!

If he wanted to say blacks aren't discriminated against by the police - which would take some balls! - he should have said that.

IBetYou

I can believe he was just ignorant. I've heard his broadcasts many times and he's great at his job but he's not the sharpest tool in the box.

jjgold

White lives
    Matter

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Should be fired for being stupid if nothing else

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Saying "all lives matter" right now is like going to a breast cancer awareness site and chant "all cancers kills".

You won't be wrong, but you'll miss the point and look ignorant.
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave juicername 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MadTiger gave juicername 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Saying "all lives matter" right now is like going to a breast cancer awareness site and chant "all cancers kills".

You won't be wrong, but you'll miss the point and look ignorant.
    this actually a really good analogy

announcer sounds like a douche, especially if players are not surprised by his response. i do not think he meant harm in his response but it was not needed at this time.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by 209 life View Post

“black lives matter” movement.

Covid-19

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

Good ol' Grant.... He has filled in for Rome from time to time. Wonder if Rome is going to have to publicly condemn Grant now???

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

California is full of far left communists. I hope the rioters burn down the entire state. Hopefully they loot Demarcus Cousins house.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

What a idiot he knew what he was doin.

jjgold

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    California is full of far left communists. I hope the rioters burn down the entire state. Hopefully they loot Demarcus Cousins house.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Saying "All Lives Matter" is now considered being Racist, ok got it!!! lol..

Unbelievable!!!!

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Saying "All Lives Matter" is now considered being Racist, ok got it!!! lol..

Unbelievable!!!!
    It’s really not but when demarcus cousins asks you about it and your the announcer and public figure you should know what would happen not smart move btw jibby you got tenants not paying? Time to pay them a visit

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Sounds like Cousins was looking for a fight as well..

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

you can't call a black person racist for saying black lives matter

but you can call a white person racist for saying ALL lives matter... and be fired for saying that... imagine if you say WHITE lives matter

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Pro tip. In today's world, if you like your job, don't be on social.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11728

Good tip chaoz

Hushie
    Hushie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 926

This is a damn mockery. I live in Sacramento and listen to Grant all the time. The man doesn't have a racist bone in his body. His co-host is Doug Christie for christ sake. If he was a racist would he be a NBA announcer for 30+ years??? What a complete joke.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 209 Life

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

All lives matter is a well known racist counter to black lives matter. You dickheads see nothing wrong with it because you’re all racist as hell. I have been trying to look past how foolish and awful and straight klan-rally racist about 90% of you guys are, but it’s days like today and yesterday with Brock’s video that make it really goddamn hard to keep coming around here.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Cancel culture at its best.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    All lives matter is a well known racist counter to black lives matter. You dickheads see nothing wrong with it because you’re all racist as hell. I have been trying to look past how foolish and awful and straight klan-rally racist about 90% of you guys are, but it’s days like today and yesterday with Brock’s video that make it really goddamn hard to keep coming around here.
    Problem is that Black Lives only Matter sometimes.

I doubt there will any marches or protests for this the black life.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/cr...7J7uOpqOZyYBE8
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

Kermit

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Eddy Munny, THE HITMAN, and hawkeye 16

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Sounds like you love black people!! Let me ask you, what’s your favorite thing about black culture? I’ll tell you mine:

It’s that young black males who make up about 5% of the total US population, commit...get this...> 50% of rapes,assaults, and murders. 5% doing more than 50% of the violent crime in the US.

And the best part.,these people think they are being mistreated by the police?

It’s like blaming the fire department for the actions of arsonists. The fire dept is just trying to put out fires.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

hes right

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Was that a looter killed by a business owner?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    Was that a looter killed by a business owner?
    77 year old retired police captain. Looters killed him. He helped out part time at the Pawn Shop that was looted.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Sounds like you love black people!! Let me ask you, what’s your favorite thing about black culture? I’ll tell you mine:

It’s that young black males who make up about 5% of the total US population, commit...get this...> 50% of rapes,assaults, and murders. 5% doing more than 50% of the violent crime in the US.

And the best part.,these people think they are being mistreated by the police?

It’s like blaming the fire department for the actions of arsonists. The fire dept is just trying to put out fires.
    Save it for the klan rally bubba

jjgold

He did nothing wrong

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dumb but comment was
    True
    If it's true, how can it be dumb?

Not allowed to tell the truth anymore because some m oron can feel it's offensive

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    77 year old retired police captain. Looters killed him. He helped out part time at the Pawn Shop that was looted.
    You don’t seem as committed to being a racist as most of the guys on here but your desire to want to examine certain instances to confirm that not 100% of black people are good humans is a little troubling though honestly.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield23 View Post
    If it's true, how can it be dumb?

Not allowed to tell the truth anymore because some m oron can feel it's offensive
    All lives matter is not untrue but it’s commonly, probably near 100% of the time these days used as a way to shout down someone asserting that black lives matter. People that are offended or threatened by the phrase “black lives matter” (which is also true) are racist at their core.

123 Last