Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

If Lebron passes Kareem for most pts all time, but doesn't win another ring...

How high do you rank him all time? It's pretty clear this guy won't stop until he has Kareem's record.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 247

Well he might get on this year

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

He's the GOAT no matter what and it's not close.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

again he will never be what MJ was to the nba off and on the court.. case close let him play until he 99 yrs old, he is what he is now. he does have his travel miles from team to team to buy rings i give him that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jackbo

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    He's the GOAT no matter what and it's not close.
    James the GOAT?
    He couldn't hold a candle to what Jordan accomplished.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    How high do you rank him all time? It's pretty clear this guy won't stop until he has Kareem's record.
    James is a compiler.
    17 years it took him to compile those points.
    He never led the league in scoring.
    You want to give him props for longevity and being a consistent scorer, I can't argue but he's a compiler in my eyes.
    Just like Peter Rose in baseball, he was a compiler too.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    again he will never be what MJ was to the nba off and on the court.. case close let him play until he 99 yrs old, he is what he is now. he does have his travel miles from team to team to buy rings i give him that.
    While I agree nothing bron can really do to ever leap MJ, he pretty much cemented at 2 all time (which pretty damn good!). I don’t like the narrative he had to jump teams to win, fact of the matter is mj could stay with the bulls and win because bulls front office did a great job surrounding him with the right pieces. They gave bron nothing in Cleveland, those teams he took to the finals were god awful without him! The bulls still reached the conf finals when mj took his vacation to play baseball! The narrative Bron had to trophy hunt by leaving cavs is just wrong imo.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    James is a compiler.
    You want to give him props for longevity and being a consistent scorer, I can't argue but he's a compiler in my eyes.
    Disagree with that. Imo bron could have lead the league in scoring anytime he would have choose to do so. He just more a distributor by nature than mj or Kobe ever were. That why I don’t even like trying to compare bron with Jordan, their games just completely different.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Top 5

Magic said three weeks ago he’s the greatest all around Player but not better than Jordan

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Disagree with that. Imo bron could have lead the league in scoring anytime he would have choose to do so. He just more a distributor by nature than mj or Kobe ever were. That why I don’t even like trying to compare bron with Jordan, their games just completely different.
    Yeah different players. Kobe has more 50 point and 60 point games than James and Jordan combined.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Top 5

Magic said three weeks ago he’s the greatest all around Player but not better than Jordan
    I would agree with that. Magic also said Kobe is the best player ever to wear a Laker uniform, long before he died. Which would put Kobe in the top 3.

carolinakid

in jordan day, they played real basketball with defense, now it one and done street ball to put up pt and kept fans in the seats....

johnnyvegas13

James the GOAT?
    He couldn't hold a candle to what Jordan accomplished.
    agree

nba has to manufacture James championships

jordans much more pure

Goat Milk

James is a compiler.
    He's been a top 2/3 player in the NBA for almost his entire career. The only guy who was better than him post 2006 was Kobe and arguably D Wade for a few years.

To be the best player in the world at 35 years old is very hard to do. And he is certainly the best right now, even though KD Leonard and Giannis are not far behind.

Longevity and consistency count for something.

Goat Milk

in jordan day, they played real basketball with defense, now it one and done street ball to put up pt and kept fans in the seats....
    Lakers Celtics finals in 2010 was better than any finals Jordan played, I watched all of them. Spurs Heat in 2012 was also one of the best series' I've ever seen. Jordan had some cupcake finals games that were more about bricked shots than defense, even though the defense was incredible. Kobe Shaq imo played in the best era by far. Those WCF against the Spurs, Kings, Portland were out of this world entertaining. So much talent on the floor.

carolinakid

nope

carolinakid

the game against utah when jordan was sick, just show what a great player he was case close.......

Goat Milk

Jordan is the goat for sure

Then Kobe

Then Lebron

Kareem

Magic

That'd be my 5 personally

Also did anyone forget how Kobe beat the Suns team in the WCF who had Nash Amare Marion Jason Richardson Grant Hill Barbosa straight stacked form top to bottom, then went on to beat KG Pierce Allen and Rondo.

Kobe winning 2 rings w Pau is the most impressive feat imo in history. James had Wade and Bosh, then had a Love Irving combo.

Goat Milk

Kobe averaged 34 7 and 8 against the Suns in 2010 WCF

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    agree

nba has to manufacture James championships

jordans much more pure
    Man I totally disagree with that. I’ll always see Jordan as the goat but I just don’t understand why ppl feel the need to try and diminish bron to support mj? You can feel as if Jordan the greatest without trying to lower bron, they both are/were freaking great!! Believing one better can be done without knocking the other imo, unfortunately it never seems to go that way!

2daBank

Kobe averaged 34 7 and 8 against the Suns in 2010 WCF
    Kobe was fukkin amazing as well. For comparisons sake Kobe a much better comparison since his game was basically identical to Jordan’s while brons game way more similar to magic than either those 2.

2daBank

The game is obviously completely different. There plenty of guys in today’s game I think would have struggled in that era. Imo bron isn’t one of them tho, he a physical beast, I think he would have faired quite well in a more physical game had he grown up with the rules as such. His free throw shooting could have been a problem when facing a team like Detroit who would have made him go to charity stripe to get those points!

The game may be different, some of us may have preferred the rough neck physicality of Jordan’s era, that said I don’t think there much argument there are more really good players than there were in the 90s. Largely thanks to Jordan’s bulls the game has grown so much globally we getting great players from places who barely knew what basketball was when Jordan played!!

Last thing. I don’t think some of you guys seem to realize just how awful some those cavs teams were that bron carried to the finals! Those teams couldn’t even sniff the playoffs in a weak East without bron! Yes he hurt himself a ton by collapsing in that heat/Dallas final which is the main reason I’ll never rank him ahead of mj, he is still great tho!

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Lebron could reach 40,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, and 10,000 assists for his career. Pretty crazy. That would be #1 most points scored and #3 for most assists in a career.

johnnyvegas13

Man I totally disagree with that. I’ll always see Jordan as the goat but I just don’t understand why ppl feel the need to try and diminish bron to support mj? You can feel as if Jordan the greatest without trying to lower bron, they both are/were freaking great!! Believing one better can be done without knocking the other imo, unfortunately it never seems to go that way!
    banker I love James

and I’m holding laker futures if season resumes

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Jordan is the goat for sure

Then Kobe

Then Lebron

Kareem

Magic

That'd be my 5 personally

Also did anyone forget how Kobe beat the Suns team in the WCF who had Nash Amare Marion Jason Richardson Grant Hill Barbosa straight stacked form top to bottom, then went on to beat KG Pierce Allen and Rondo.

Kobe winning 2 rings w Pau is the most impressive feat imo in history. James had Wade and Bosh, then had a Love Irving combo.
    Marion long gone. Team was not stacked Nash was 36, they had 2 stars and a bunch of average at best players that Nash made look good.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Lebron could reach 40,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, and 10,000 assists for his career. Pretty crazy. That would be #1 most points scored and #3 for most assists in a career.
    That finals heat lost to mavs where he disappeared pretty much sealed his fate of never passing Jordan imo.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

It's really this simple

Without exaggeration, Jordan would avg 45 per game today

That only 8-10 more points than some of his years

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

it's just a longevity record.... worth noting but not a big deal when it comes to goat discussions

all i think about when i hear his name is flopping, crying, hiding in the 4th q vs Dallas as he prayed for Wade and Bosh to win him a ring... etc

calling himself the goat.. lol

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

While I agree nothing bron can really do to ever leap MJ, he pretty much cemented at 2 all time (which pretty damn good!). I don’t like the narrative he had to jump teams to win, fact of the matter is mj could stay with the bulls and win because bulls front office did a great job surrounding him with the right pieces. They gave bron nothing in Cleveland, those teams he took to the finals were god awful without him! The bulls still reached the conf finals when mj took his vacation to play baseball! The narrative Bron had to trophy hunt by leaving cavs is just wrong imo.
    they only made it to the semifinals and

the next year when MJ returned they were only a couple games above 500. so they couldn't keep up what they did the year before without him when they were MOTIVATED by Jackson one of the best coaches ever to prove to the world that they were more than just Jordan

- just correcting on the playoffs here

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Lakers Celtics finals in 2010 was better than any finals Jordan played, I watched all of them. Spurs Heat in 2012 was also one of the best series' I've ever seen. Jordan had some cupcake finals games that were more about bricked shots than defense, even though the defense was incredible. Kobe Shaq imo played in the best era by far. Those WCF against the Spurs, Kings, Portland were out of this world entertaining. So much talent on the floor.
    heat spurs was 2013
    lakers had a good fight to the finals in 00-02 but then they played different eastern teams who were making their one and only finals appearance who were all underdogs by a good margin

pacers - sixers - nets (although they did make it again to lose easily again to the spurs, further proving how bad the eastern foes were in the finals during the lakers 3 peat)

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

Everything that was said about LeBron early in his career was also said about Jordan (Bird and Magic have three titles, what's he won). The only difference between the two is LeBron had to find his good team, Jordan's good team came to him.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Marion long gone. Team was not stacked Nash was 36, they had 2 stars and a bunch of average at best players that Nash made look good.
    Nash averaged 16 and 11 that more, BETTER NUMBERS THAN HIS MVP SEASON

Amare was the best PF in basketball, 1st team All NBA

J Rich was a monster, Grant Hill was a defensive ACE

They were STACKED

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    It's really this simple

Without exaggeration, Jordan would avg 45 per game today

That only 8-10 more points than some of his years
    No would could average 45 a game today, impossible. If Jordan averaged that he'd never win a ring. Kobe averaged 36 a game for a full season and almost beat the Suns in round 1, but was playing with straight BUMS.

That season Kobe put up 81 in a game, 62 after 3 quarters, 50+ points in 4 consective games, list goes on. Kobe has scored more 50 and 60 point games than Jordan and Lebron COMBINED. Kobe was a more lethal scorer imo than Jordan. Jordan would be facing much stiffer competition at the guard position. Imagine, he'd have to be guarded by the likes of Kobe, D Wade, Grant Hill, Tony Allen, etc. I think Jordan on a championship team would average about 30, and on a team like Kobe's 06 Lakers around 34

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    it's just a longevity record.... worth noting but not a big deal when it comes to goat discussions

all i think about when i hear his name is flopping, crying, hiding in the 4th q vs Dallas as he prayed for Wade and Bosh to win him a ring... etc

calling himself the goat.. lol
    Can't believe they lost that finals. Lost my ass on that. I would have been a rich man. Had so many futures on Miami after they started the season like 9-8 and EVERYONE on this site called me out. Then they faced the 1 seed Bulls in the first round and lost the 1st game. Once again ppl called me out. Miami won 4 straight.

I never expected James to meltdown after what he did to Chicago in that series.

But that just showed Wade was a better player than James that year.

Still inexcuasable. 2 of the top 3 players in the world on 1 team and they lose to Dirk.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    heat spurs was 2013
    lakers had a good fight to the finals in 00-02 but then they played different eastern teams who were making their one and only finals appearance who were all underdogs by a good margin

pacers - sixers - nets (although they did make it again to lose easily again to the spurs, further proving how bad the eastern foes were in the finals during the lakers 3 peat)
    Kobe dominated every WCF and Shaq dominated the finals. The teams they played in the West were insane. That Kings team was one of the most stacked in history. Can't believe they never won a ship together.

Bibby
    Christie
    Peja
    Webber
    Divac
    Bobby Jackson

123 Last