guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9388

Ohio health department identifies 13 coronavirus cases in 8 counties from January

https://www.cleveland.com/coronaviru...m-january.html

By Rich Exner, cleveland.com updated 4:10 PM; Today 8:34 AM

Dr. Amy Acton, director of the Ohio Department of Health, encourages the use of masks during a recent news briefing. (Ohio Channel)Ohio Channel

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Department of Health is now estimating a January onset of coronavirus symptoms for at least 13 cases in eight counties, evidence that the virus arrived earlier and more widely than originally could be confirmed.

Two weeks ago, on May 11, Dr. Amy Acton, director of the health department, first discussed five cases the state had identified going back to January - moving the earliest estimates up by weeks and well ahead of the confirmation of the first cases on March 9.

“We can pick them up because of the antibody testing,” Acton said. “We will learn more and more about the disease. How long it was here in Ohio. How long it was spreading as we do more and more testing.”

The number of January cases periodically has been added to the state’s daily reports since then, reaching 13 on Thursday.

The estimated onset date of the first case is now listed as Jan. 2, a case involving a Warren County woman in her 40s. It’s one of three Warren County cases dating back to January. The others had estimated onsets of Jan. 19 and Jan. 27.

There are also three January cases for Montgomery County (Jan. 13, 15 and 30), two for Miami County (Jan. 7 and 26), and one each in Lake (Jan. 15), Richland (Jan. 18), Summit (Jan. 20), Union (Jan. 25) and Wood (Jan. 27) counties.

None of the January cases resulted in death or hospitalization, according to the Ohio Department of Health.

The 33,915 reported cases break down this way for onset of symptoms: January (13), February (55), March (5,300), April (16,503) and May (12,044). May numbers likely are understated because it often takes days to learn about cases.

Rich Exner, data analysis editor for cleveland.com, writes about numbers on a variety of topics. Follow on Twitter @RichExner. See other data-related stories at cleveland.com/datacentral.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I believe this

I had a friend get extremely sick in Vegas in January. Healthy 52 yr old dude literally bedridden for 72 hours w poor breathing, sweating, hallucinations, etc

Thought it was the flu on steroids

It had to be Covid, in January

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Glad im in the clear...knock on wood. Cincy will be ok

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Is this the same group that said there were 100,000 people in Ohio infected back in March?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

She's kinda cute I guess, nothing to write home about... Any pics of her without the lab coat?

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Is she holding her thong?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Is she holding her thong?
    It's a designer pad she unveiled at a press conference. She's gonna pitch it to Shark Tank along with a tampon that glows in the dark.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I got sick as a dog in late Jan and early Feb too.chills fever for a day felt like the flu and an ear infection too.Possibly was covid for all I know.I'd love to get an anti body test to see

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

cases of CV in late December in San Diego

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I believe this

I had a friend get extremely sick in Vegas in January. Healthy 52 yr old dude literally bedridden for 72 hours w poor breathing, sweating, hallucinations, etc

Thought it was the flu on steroids

It had to be Covid, in January
    had to be something that hasnt even been proven to exist?