Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Don’t worry about that

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I’m not sure how accurate the Florida cases are.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Andrew Cuomo into euthanasia

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Australia 101 deaths, 25 million people. less than a handful of new cases each week.

No "lockdown" needed as vast majority of population didn't argue about doing the right thing by community and voluntarily trying to stay home for 10 weeks.

Businesses re-opening, no mass deaths in nursing homes, gained an economic advantage over main trading partners by dealing with the health issue first.

But keep on arguing, if you think that is working better for any state of any color.

Talk about denial/deflection at level 10.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mezmurized2, mikejamm, 5mike5, and PAULYPOKER

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Australia 101 deaths, 25 million people. less than a handful of new cases each week.

No "lockdown" needed as vast majority of population didn't argue about doing the right thing by community and voluntarily trying to stay home for 10 weeks.

Businesses re-opening, no mass deaths in nursing homes, gained an economic advantage over main trading partners by dealing with the health issue first.

But keep on arguing, if you think that is working better for any state of any color.

its really pathetic how we can’t unite over a common enemy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Optional unreal stats

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

that's crazy. CNN should investigate, too bad they're too busy reporting on the Biden sex assault case

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

This is such a "how can i skew the narrative" statistic. Comparing New York cases which mainly consist of NYC(300 square miles, 8.3 million population) to Florida(65k square miles) or Texas(268k square miles) doesnt serve a purpose for a virus thats main way to spread is social contact.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24834

Opti,
    Sounds like reasonable poeple live there. Is there any of the politcal fighting/division like you see in the US?
    If I show up can I crash at your place for a couple of weeks until I find a place of my own.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    This is such a "how can i skew the narrative" statistic. Comparing New York cases which mainly consist of NYC(300 square miles, 8.3 million population) to Florida(65k square miles) or Texas(268k square miles) doesnt serve a purpose for a virus thats main way to spread is social contact.
    Stop!!!!

We don’t need logic injected into this thread.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Wash your hands.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I'm glad you conveniently left out Michigan which has almost as many dead as the other states on the bottom combined. God forbid we talk about the disaster that took place in PA and ny nursing care homes. Florida did a fantastic job in nursing care homes. They have a huge older population.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Did Australia print $6trillion and give it away to their CEOs while the working class got a laughable $1200?

Didn't think so.

The arguing is over MONEY. Those who take it and those who choose who gets it. There is no unification in USA ever again because one political party uses other peoples MONEY to create the division.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

While NYC shouldn’t be lumped in the rest of the country, Cuomo is getting a free pass on his nursing home disaster.

Also, it’s not like Miami & Ft Lauderdale are the prairies of Saskatchewan. Tons of people live there and the population is very communal

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

besides the cuomo nursing home disaster i think mostly it could be argued colder weather played the largest factor in death tolls. if you wanted to argue democrats being worse though you should take louisiana. southern state with a democratic governer that has the worst deaths per million of any southern state by almost 3x.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I'm glad you conveniently left out Michigan which has almost as many dead as the other states on the bottom combined. God forbid we talk about the disaster that took place in PA and ny nursing care homes. Florida did a fantastic job in nursing care homes. They have a huge older population.
    I disregarded the whole statistic because it wasn’t a correct 1 for 1. You’re more than welcome to edit it and drive up a good debate. But to have ny driving the numbers in your example is what made it a flawed comparative.
    You take out jersey and ny and it’s 9k vs 6k. It suddenly doesn’t become anything anyone cares to compare

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    Opti,
    Sounds like reasonable poeple live there. Is there any of the politcal fighting/division like you see in the US?
    If I show up can I crash at your place for a couple of weeks until I find a place of my own.

There is this weird effect of Australians lining up for or against Trump kind of passionately like Americans. But it doesn't happen with our own political parties. I think we have too much disdain for politicians in general to get fan like about any of them. Plus compulsory voting waters down the effect of emotive politics.

And yeah, I have space for visitors ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Did Australia print $6trillion and give it away to their CEOs while the working class got a laughable $1200?

Didn't think so.

The arguing is over MONEY. Those who take it and those who choose who gets it. There is no unification in USA ever again because one political party uses other peoples MONEY to create the division.
    You're right. Australia handed out money almost instantly and most of it went to unemployed and small business expressly to keep confidence up so people would be agreeable to a reasonable length lock down.

We are still also handing out money to other countries in the region to make sure they won't collapse and be a drain on the regional economy on the way out of this.

This is the GOP aligned party doing this down here btw. And selling it as the obvious best economic investment we could be making right now.

It's not even against the basic politically ideology of conservatives to spend in the bad times and make hay in the good times. But so many seem to think it's a liberal welfare economy idea.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

That makes too much sense to work in US

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Interesting

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    That makes too much sense to work in US
    Australia isnt as congested as america.

Nothing makes sense if you consider the outbreak organic in nature

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opti being Opti.......

Never change bro......

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You can spin stats in a lot of different directions even gambling stats best of luck to you all

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I disregarded the whole statistic because it wasn’t a correct 1 for 1. You’re more than welcome to edit it and drive up a good debate. But to have ny driving the numbers in your example is what made it a flawed comparative.
    You take out jersey and ny and it’s 9k vs 6k. It suddenly doesn’t become anything anyone cares to compare
    It's always something else for you. You said you don't align with any party. Is it hard for you to call out Cuomo?

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Exactly! Clueless fuks who copy and paste bullshit off the internet to make themselves look like they’re “informed”, when in fact they’re just as ignorant as that orange asshole president.

Bottom line. This shit was already starting to run rampant when orange fuk head was out do’in rallies in March calling it a hoax. He had ample warnings and chose the idiot alternative of doing nothing, costing thousands of lives and putting our entire healthcare system and workers at extreme risk and death.

No leadership in any country acted as stupidly arrogant and narcissistic, with a pathetic batch of lies he and his administration continues to spread.

97,000+ Americans dead and rising.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Exactly! Clueless fuks who copy and paste bullshit off the internet to make themselves look like they’re “informed”, when in fact they’re just as ignorant as that orange asshole president.

Bottom line. This shit was already starting to run rampant when orange fuk head was out do’in rallies in March calling it a hoax. He had ample warnings and chose the idiot alternative of doing nothing, costing thousands of lives and putting our entire healthcare system and workers at extreme risk and death.

No leadership in any country acted as stupidly arrogant and narcissistic, with a pathetic batch of lies he and his administration continues to spread.

97,000+ Americans dead and rising.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

There is this weird effect of Australians lining up for or against Trump kind of passionately like Americans. But it doesn't happen with our own political parties. I think we have too much disdain for politicians in general to get fan like about any of them. Plus compulsory voting waters down the effect of emotive politics.

And yeah, I have space for visitors ;-)

You're right. Australia handed out money almost instantly and most of it went to unemployed and small business expressly to keep confidence up so people would be agreeable to a reasonable length lock down.

We are still also handing out money to other countries in the region to make sure they won't collapse and be a drain on the regional economy on the way out of this.

This is the GOP aligned party doing this down here btw. And selling it as the obvious best economic investment we could be making right now.

It's not even against the basic politically ideology of conservatives to spend in the bad times and make hay in the good times. But so many seem to think it's a liberal welfare economy idea.
    I agree

US should have given every 18 to 65 yr old $20k.

No ppp no SBA no bailouts....just 20k per 18- 64 and shut it down for 45 days

That's $3.6 trillion instead of $6trillion and EVERYONE is equal and happy.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    It's always something else for you. You said you don't align with any party. Is it hard for you to call out Cuomo?
    What does Cuomo have to do with your chart? You were comparing items that shouldnt be compared and thats what I was referencing. If your goal was to call out Cuomo for stuff he did was this really the best example you could find? You can be better than this