Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by pokerdevil View Post
    How could it possibly have been better? LOL
    There are a couple of guys here who will still weasel around justifying their BS no matter how wrong they were or how generously all the books handled this.

Does not matter they were wrong and have been paid off properly... it's still rubbish like "They should have re-assured me half a dozen times over the course of the promo that the terms we agreed to still stand and they wont rip me off" or some similar BS, repeated half a dozen times a week

Best not to engage them. As they just wont stop repeating the same lame crap if you give them an excuse to do it.
    Points Awarded:

pokerdevil gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Did I ever say they were stealing? If yes point it out to me and I will apologize for the post. I still think their slow communication on the matter ( especially nhl whose season has been over since march) was wrong.
    First, I know that we're several back and forth replies in by now, but remember that I wasn't talking about you when we started this. But the inference being made by several posters here was certainly that BOL changed the rules, and the reason they did that was so that they could screw players on the grading (IOW steal money).
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 08-12-20 at 05:15 AM.

GoldenBears
    GoldenBears's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Hi! I had a large number of NBA futures bets across Betonline, Bookmaker, Bovada and Nitrogen.

Betonline and Bovada graded teams in the lead as winners and teams that were trailing they canceled (awesome)

Nitrogen, everything is pending, they say the NBA has not announced official division winners yet.

Bookmaker has already graded some (Clippers etc) as losses.

I feel like I read somewhere that the NBA was not going to announce division winners this year, can anyone confirm that? If so, canceling all bets seems fine, and doing what BOL/Bovada did seems very generous, but doing what Bookmaker did seems incorrect.

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBears View Post
    Hi! I had a large number of NBA futures bets across Betonline, Bookmaker, Bovada and Nitrogen.

Betonline and Bovada graded teams in the lead as winners and teams that were trailing they canceled (awesome)

Nitrogen, everything is pending, they say the NBA has not announced official division winners yet.

I feel like I read somewhere that the NBA was not going to announce division winners this year, can anyone confirm that? If so, canceling all bets seems fine, and doing what BOL/Bovada did seems very generous, but doing what Bookmaker did seems incorrect.
    Aren’t division winners part of the playoff tie breaking sequence for this season? I’m not 100% on that, but thought I read it somewhere. I’m thinking it’s kind of hard to say that there are no division winners when it’s literally something they rely upon for seeding purposes.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 08-13-20 at 01:00 AM.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

I dont know where you heard that the nba is not recognizing division winners. The official nba website standings appear to be recognizing them here:

https://stats.nba.com/standings/

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

The official NBA site shows teams that have "clinched" their division.

GoldenBears

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    Aren’t division winners part of the playoff tie breaking sequence for this season? I’m not 100% on that, but thought I read it somewhere. I’m thinking it’s kind of hard to say that there are no division winners when it’s literally something they rely upon for seeding purposes.
    It's the other way around. Every other season, Division winner is the #2 tiebreaker, but THIS YEAR they are eliminating division winners from the tiebreak when they sent out the rules about the restart:

Typical year:
    • 1. Better record in head-to-head games
    • 2. Division winner (this criterion is applied regardless of whether the tied teams are in the same division)
    • 3. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
    • 4. Higher winning percentage in conference games
    • 5. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
    • 6. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference
    • 7. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed
    This year:
    Tiebreakers will be determined by winning percentage (this puts the Spurs, who have played two fewer games than both Memphis and Phoenix and three fewer than Portland, at a disadvantage), followed by head-to-head record, division record (if in the same division), conference record against playoff teams and finally record against Eastern Conference playoff teams.
    Then, it will go to head-to-head record, followed by division record if in the same division, then conference record, then conference record against playoff teams, then record against playoff teams in the East, and then net rating.
    Last edited by GoldenBears; 08-13-20 at 12:46 PM.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

It's the other way around. Every other season, Division winner is the #2 tiebreaker, but THIS YEAR they are eliminating division winners from the tiebreak when they sent out the rules about the restart:

Typical year:

This year:
    Just because it is not being used as a tiebreaker, doesn't mean there are no division winners.

GoldenBears

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Just because it is not being used as a tiebreaker, doesn't mean there are no division winners.
    I agree. That is not the entirety of the argument, just a small supporting piece, and also an answer to his direct question

GoldenBears

Separate question, is anybody who placed bets on Bookmaker *missing* their bets?

I see my clippers to win conf bets graded as a loss, but I don't see my Miami to win or my Houston to win bets anywhere - either graded or in pending. Is anyone else having this issue?

GoldenBears

This is wild - Bookmaker is refusing to provide an audit of my transactions going back to the beginning of the NBA season. What possible justification can they have for that?

DontTailMe

This is wild - Bookmaker is refusing to provide an audit of my transactions going back to the beginning of the NBA season. What possible justification can they have for that?
    Unfortunately, that's very common in this industry. Some books will but MOST will not. Bovada is the best in this department, but they are a rarity. Most offshore books take the position that whatever history they offer on their website is good enough, and if you miss that opportunity it's on you. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Shoutout to Intertops for the very generous grading.

Rockets and Heat were paid out as winners.

Celtics was a push.

hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2497

Have some "X will make the playoffs" and "X won't make the playoffs" bets at Betonline that are still pending and haven't been graded. Not sure how they're handling those since they were made before the season got shortened.

GoldenBears

Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post
    Have some "X will make the playoffs" and "X won't make the playoffs" bets at Betonline that are still pending and haven't been graded. Not sure how they're handling those since they were made before the season got shortened.
    Seems pretty straightforward compared with division winners... would be shocked if those aren't graded

hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2497

Seems pretty straightforward compared with division winners... would be shocked if those aren't graded
    Just graded this afternoon. Graded straight, none refunded.

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

So Bet365 voided Jazz and Mavericks, but marked Celtics as losers. Strange because I thought the Celtics would have been the most likely team to be voided. I guess they counted the seeding games as regular season games, which is lame because none of the garbage teams were there to get points from.

First ... 3456